Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 11, 2021, 11:03am
Hurst confirmed that James Tilley’s absence from the squad at Vale Park was not due to injury.

Under transfer bid?
Tilley wants out?
PH doesn't want him?
Big fall out?

Curiouser and curiouser.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 11, 2021, 11:05am; Reply: 1
Did you watch the Cambridge game? He was terrible. He can’t really complain with being left out altogether.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 11, 2021, 11:06am; Reply: 2
I doubt if Tilley is part of Hurst’s plans. A loan to non-league nearer his home in the south might be likely.
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 11, 2021, 11:08am; Reply: 3
Think he’s done okay but knowing Hurst I just don’t think he fancies him much. Historically Hurst has liked wingers who can contribute all over the pitch and Tilley is urine weak in the challenge (I do appreciate that Hurst was responsible for Luke McCarthy, shivers) . Wouldn’t be surprised to hear that there was a fall out after he was brought off against Cambridge either.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 11, 2021, 11:13am; Reply: 4
Good player in Tilley for sure.

But feel it's probably from his side why he didn't play, maybe he's home sick, which happens, he's still a young lad
Posted by: Hagrid, January 11, 2021, 11:15am; Reply: 5
Bottler. Wont mind if he goes
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), January 11, 2021, 11:15am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Good player in Tilley for sure.

But feel it's probably from his side why he didn't play, maybe he's home sick, which happens, he's still a young lad

Agree. He’s from the south coast and he’s only young. It’s tough enough being at home in this mess, never mind 300 miles away.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 11, 2021, 11:19am; Reply: 7
Who is going to take him though?

Be a brave non-league side that takes him on any sort of deal with the ever looming prospect of the season ending and even less income than now.
Posted by: sam gy, January 11, 2021, 11:49am; Reply: 8
What about he just didn't make the squad for that particular game. No reason to read more into it than that at the moment is there?

He looked good earlier in the season...got injured and hasn't looked the same since although hasn't played a great deal has he?
Posted by: 137 (Guest), January 11, 2021, 11:52am; Reply: 9
Looking at the half-season ahead, there will be more times when we'll need players who are prepared to do battle for us, than times when
we need players who can show us a touch of skill.

Hurst will know the characters he needs for a relegation scrap. (But can he find them?)
Posted by: ginnywings, January 11, 2021, 11:54am; Reply: 10
Quoted from 137
Looking at the half-season ahead, there will be more times when we'll need players who are prepared to do battle for us, than times when
we need players who can show us a touch of skill.

Hurst will know the characters he needs for a relegation scrap. (But can he find them?)

He can find them. Whether they will want to come here is another matter. We've already been turned down by Jake Taylor.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 11, 2021, 12:10pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ginnywings

He can find them. Whether they will want to come here is another matter. We've already been turned down by Jake Taylor.

Think the Jake Taylor situation is understandable. He comes from Manchester, Stoke nearby. He used to play for Vale. Vale are likely playoff candidates
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, January 11, 2021, 12:10pm; Reply: 12
Another young lad Holloway plucked from a team at the opposite end of the country. I seem to remember either his parents being present at the signing or even in a picture with him and Holloway.

IH even said something I think about thanking his Mum and Dad for the process in which he signed. Granted he is 22 and not a teenager but often these players who move to clubs 5 or 6 hours away from their home end up getting home sick and want to end up moving back to be closer to home.

He has taken Ira and Spokes as well who are both young southern born players playing local Non-League football and has brought them up north, obviously like Tilley I am sure all were sold the dream of playing under Ollie being coached by this genius and sold an image of the club going places etc etc

I suspect now he has gone a few of the younger players who wanted to come here for Holloway predominantly will have an eye on moving away.

Tilley is a capable player but he isn't this decent in form player that Yeovil fans had said that they were gutted to see go. Again like most in our team, you see flashes of brilliance but not regularly.
Posted by: golfer, January 11, 2021, 12:28pm; Reply: 13
Seemed pretty good when he came ,deteriorated surprisingly under rat face
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 11, 2021, 12:33pm; Reply: 14
Looks to have the ability not sure about the application. Hurst said on RH he "wasn't selected" which would indicate some man management tact tic.  
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 11, 2021, 12:53pm; Reply: 15
Lad certainly has some skill but in truth has not lived up to the Holloway hype that accompanied his signing. In all honesty he’s had the odd cameo ten minute spells during matches but don’t recall any 90 minute performances that would want me to keep him at the club.

Probably leave and end up starring for Crawley seems to be the way it is with town, players don’t look good here but look pretty decent when they move on.
Posted by: monkeyboy, January 11, 2021, 12:53pm; Reply: 16
Dont think hes done much wrong on the field. Not like he has a striker to link to at the moment unless Jackson gets a start.

Maybe needed a rest as not long back from injury.
Posted by: Norseman, January 11, 2021, 1:15pm; Reply: 17
Hurst did the same at Scunny to Van Veen because he thought he wasn't putting a shift in .Could just be that
Posted by: Croxton, January 11, 2021, 1:20pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from monkeyboy
Dont think hes done much wrong on the field. Not like he has a striker to link to at the moment unless Jackson gets a start.

Maybe needed a rest as not long back from injury.

He showed promise when the team was on the up last season but his injury and distance from home have set him back. Whether he gets the opportunity to get back to his early promise may be more a personal issue. He doesn't have the drive and determination of locals like Wright or Clifton but neither does he seem to have the resilience of Gibson, Jackson or Spokes. Edwards notably played on after a vicious assault from Jordan Clarke. He and Windsor are a loss.

He is also yet another example of how we seem to sign too many fragile souls who keep Dave Moore overworked. Tilley has a decision to make just as much as Hurst.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 11, 2021, 1:23pm; Reply: 19
There is a very good player in there  but he has to learn all parts of the job ie .  tracking back ect.
Posted by: Withnail, January 11, 2021, 1:43pm; Reply: 20
Hurst confirmed that James Tilley’s absence from the squad at Vale Park was not due to injury.

Under transfer bid?
Tilley wants out?
PH doesn't want him?
Big fall out?

Curiouser and curiouser.

Wants out would be my guess. He only came because of Holloway

Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 11, 2021, 2:18pm; Reply: 21
He’s had an unlucky run with injuries. Has looked quite a good player earlier in the season. Takes it in tight areas and will run with it
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 11, 2021, 4:14pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from pontoonlew
Think he’s done okay but knowing Hurst I just don’t think he fancies him much. Historically Hurst has liked wingers who can contribute all over the pitch and Tilley is urine weak in the challenge (I do appreciate that Hurst was responsible for Luke McCarthy, shivers) . Wouldn’t be surprised to hear that there was a fall out after he was brought off against Cambridge either.

A number of our players are urine weak in the challenge that hasn't stopped Hurst from picking them.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 11, 2021, 4:17pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
Another young lad Holloway plucked from a team at the opposite end of the country. I seem to remember either his parents being present at the signing or even in a picture with him and Holloway.

IH even said something I think about thanking his Mum and Dad for the process in which he signed. Granted he is 22 and not a teenager but often these players who move to clubs 5 or 6 hours away from their home end up getting home sick and want to end up moving back to be closer to home.

He has taken Ira and Spokes as well who are both young southern born players playing local Non-League football and has brought them up north, obviously like Tilley I am sure all were sold the dream of playing under Ollie being coached by this genius and sold an image of the club going places etc etc

I suspect now he has gone a few of the younger players who wanted to come here for Holloway predominantly will have an eye on moving away.

Tilley is a capable player but he isn't this decent in form player that Yeovil fans had said that they were gutted to see go. Again like most in our team, you see flashes of brilliance but not regularly.

Sadly with some of our squad you don't even see flashes of brilliance.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), January 11, 2021, 4:20pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from arryarryarry

A number of our players are urine weak in the challenge that hasn't stopped Hurst from picking them.

Absence of choice, I fear.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 11, 2021, 5:46pm; Reply: 25
I did hear a whisper last weekend he was one who would be going, mentioned it on another thread .

Shame in some ways as he is one player who can control a ball and doesnt mind holding it until he sees a decent pass , but not productive enough despite some nice goals here and there and not sure he fits the Hurst mould of a winger
Posted by: lee65, January 11, 2021, 10:19pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from moosey_club
I did hear a whisper last weekend he was one who would be going, mentioned it on another thread .

Shame in some ways as he is one player who can control a ball and doesnt mind holding it until he sees a decent pass , but not productive enough despite some nice goals here and there and not sure he fits the Hurst mould of a winger

When he first came he showed “glimpses” but no more, and he often played at the expense of Wright who is surely a better (but similar) prospect?
Posted by: Mariner_501, January 11, 2021, 10:25pm; Reply: 27
Wouldn’t be sad to see him go. Wouldn’t be sad to see all but about 3 of this current squad go though so that’s not saying a lot.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 11, 2021, 11:31pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from 137

Absence of choice, I fear.

I appreciate that but you could have played him instead of Green or Rose who were both hopeless, I know he would have been out of position but couldn't have been any worse.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 12, 2021, 8:19am; Reply: 29
Quoted from arryarryarry

I appreciate that but you could have played him instead of Green or Rose who were both hopeless, I know he would have been out of position but couldn't have been any worse.

Haven’t we had enough square pegs in round holes?
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 9:46am