Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 23, 2020, 10:33pm

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2020/december/an-update-from-the-chairman/
Posted by: aldi_01, December 23, 2020, 10:34pm; Reply: 1
It’s flipping hilarious that Dah is our chairman...
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, December 23, 2020, 10:36pm; Reply: 2
For Christ’s sake, someone tell him to stop issuing statements.

They are useless
Get on the phone to the consortium and tell them to get along to blunder park with their cheque books in the morning

Then sodomist off with the rest of the board for ever.
Posted by: DocDock, December 23, 2020, 10:38pm; Reply: 3
Why on earth do they feel it necessary to keep releasing statement after statement after statement? Keep it all in house, try to have an ounce of professionalism and not play a game of cat and mouse, mammary for tat etc
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 23, 2020, 10:39pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

I think the "board" have had a change of heart! I like the bit where he says the consortium can even help choose the manager.

They are buggered and they know it. Take the offer John, it is the best you will get.
Posted by: toontown, December 23, 2020, 10:55pm; Reply: 5

I think the "board" have had a change of heart! I like the bit where he says the consortium can even help choose the manager.

They are buggered and they know it. Take the offer John, it is the best you will get.

I wish I could share your optimism. I don't.
Posted by: gtfc98, December 23, 2020, 10:57pm; Reply: 6
If they don’t buy Fenty’s shares he’s still there lurking in the background. That’ why they haven’t taken that route. Just buy new shares and you don’t get rid of the narcissist.
Posted by: toontown, December 23, 2020, 10:57pm; Reply: 7
This club  and its board are such an absolute basket case excrement show
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, December 23, 2020, 10:58pm; Reply: 8
Day was probably quite well respected in the town. I doubt he will be ever again.  
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 23, 2020, 10:59pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from toontown

I wish I could share your optimism. I don't.

Well its obviously pure speculation as none of us know the truth, but I think it is telling that a statement update was made late in the day providing olive branches, admittedly through gritted teeth.
Posted by: Bigdog, December 23, 2020, 11:05pm; Reply: 10
Let's face it. Shutes and Co have the upper hand. They can sit and wait and watch it all fall apart. And it will very quickly. Fenty will be waiting forever for his 1.5m without a takeover. I thought being paid off over three years was an extremely generous offer. I was surprised when I heard it..
Posted by: mariner91, December 23, 2020, 11:08pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Bigdog
Let's face it. Shutes and Co have the upper hand. They can sit and wait and watch it all fall apart. And it will very quickly. Fenty will be waiting forever for his 1.5m without a takeover. I thought being paid off in three years was an extremely generous offer. I was surprised when I heard it..

Quite. If I was in their shoes I'd have offered him the money for his shares minus the amount he was gifted by the trust which I would ask him to return to the trust for free. And I'd offer him nothing for the loans safe in the knowledge that his position is untenable and no manager worth employing would go anywhere near the club now until the current board is gone.

The fact he's quibbling over when he gets it all back blows my mind. The man has no self-awareness or humility.
Posted by: Bigdog, December 23, 2020, 11:13pm; Reply: 12
And the bit about financial responsibility for relegation. The board have overseen and signed off this poor current squad of players assembled by their choice of manager, Shutes and Co could maybe make 10% changes to it in the transfer window restricted by a wage cap inflicted by the current board, and it would be their fault for relegation. Talk about shifting the culpability and blame, breathtaking..
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, December 23, 2020, 11:31pm; Reply: 13
John’s main puppet has the nerve to put out a statement that the consortium has to pass a fit and proper person assessment by the EFL. Just hours after defending a fraudster for only stealing from financial institutions.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, December 23, 2020, 11:39pm; Reply: 14
I thought Day might have enough class to walk away. Obviously not.
Posted by: toontown, December 23, 2020, 11:41pm; Reply: 15

Well its obviously pure speculation as none of us know the truth, but I think it is telling that a statement update was made late in the day providing olive branches, admittedly through gritted teeth.

I think the opposite - that isnt an olive branch. They genuinely think other people will think " oh so they could just do any of these oh so simple things, and the board definitely want to sell they are telling them how to do It, oh they can't be serious buyers then. Oh well back to fenty and Day, obviously no other options for us grimsby fans."

It cant be an olive branch as obviously shutes et al will know all this. They think they are shoring up their position with a cunning statement.

God I friggin hate fenty and now day as well
Posted by: ginnywings, December 23, 2020, 11:47pm; Reply: 16
It's all fake news. We won the decade, by a big margin.
Posted by: bawarmy, December 23, 2020, 11:50pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from ginnywings
It's all fake news. We won the decade, by a big margin.

John’s had his Day
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, December 23, 2020, 11:51pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from bawarmy

John’s had his Day

That’s a backhander compliment
Posted by: Meza, December 24, 2020, 12:11am; Reply: 19
am i getting a bit of Day John Vou

yep, leaving already

.....im out of town now
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 24, 2020, 1:17am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Bigdog
Let's face it. Shutes and Co have the upper hand. They can sit and wait and watch it all fall apart. And it will very quickly. Fenty will be waiting forever for his 1.5m without a takeover. I thought being paid off over three years was an extremely generous offer. I was surprised when I heard it..

It’s a lot faster than if he stayed. The current rate averages c £200k a year. So 7-8 years unless Dembele gets sold for a fortune.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 24, 2020, 2:43am; Reply: 21

"As I stated earlier the Club is in a sound financial condition"

If so, why were at least some of the directors willing to get into bed with Mr. May for his 1 million pounds?

Time for Mr Day to come out publicly and state if he knew of Mr May's previous dealings with being held at her Majesty's pleasure.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 24, 2020, 3:46am; Reply: 22
Quoted from arryarryarry

"As I stated earlier the Club is in a sound financial condition"

If so, why were at least some of the directors willing to get into bed with Mr. May for his 1 million pounds?

Time for Mr Day to come out publicly and state if he knew of Mr May's previous dealings with being held at her Majesty's pleasure.

Just listened to Mr Day's interview on Radio Humberside and he admitted all the directors knew of Mr May's past and he said that Mr May's fraud only involved financial institutions and not the stealing of peoples pensions and investments which technically was correct and not as John Tondeur suggested which is a load of balderdash as Mr May and his friends stole their identities and re-mortgaged their homes and they had to fight to get their ownership back.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 24, 2020, 5:21am; Reply: 23
I want Day gone as well as Fenty  now the man is as bad as dishonest John.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 25, 2020, 10:58pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from arryarryarry

Just listened to Mr Day's interview on Radio Humberside and he admitted all the directors knew of Mr May's past and he said that Mr May's fraud only involved financial institutions and not the stealing of peoples pensions and investments which technically was correct and not as John Tondeur suggested which is a load of balderdash as Mr May and his friends stole their identities and re-mortgaged their homes and they had to fight to get their ownership back.

Apologies if this has been posted before :-

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/widow-suffered-seven-years-hell-7023635

This is just one of those cases that Phillip Day tried to pass off as not being that serious as only financial institutions were defrauded.

As a long time supporter of this once great club it saddens me and makes me uncomfortable to think this club is being run by someone like this. His comments on Radio Humberside were just disgraceful and he should be ashamed of himself.

He should leave the club with John Fenty and take any of the other board members who were prepared to accept this pathetic little conman.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 25, 2020, 11:03pm; Reply: 25
I bet Mr Fenty and Mr Day think a single mother on benefits doing a bit of cash in hand work is the scum of the earth. But this fella who can make them all some money - just a bit of fraud bantz.
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 10:17pm