Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: smokey111, December 19, 2020, 11:32pm
I feel like a stuck record......I can never locate them. Could anyone put up a link to his post Scunthorpe interview please?
Posted by: TAGG, December 19, 2020, 11:37pm; Reply: 1
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p091z8z5
Posted by: ginnywings, December 19, 2020, 11:44pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from smokey111
I feel like a stuck record......I can never locate them. Could anyone put up a link to his post Scunthorpe interview please?

Radio Humberside Sport twitter usually has them for future reference.
Posted by: smokey111, December 19, 2020, 11:45pm; Reply: 3
Cheers
Posted by: ginnywings, December 19, 2020, 11:53pm; Reply: 4
I notice that the interview on GTFC iFollow is a bit shorter than the one on the BBC. Cuts off before he mentions him not buying shares now.
Posted by: Heisenberg, December 20, 2020, 12:37am; Reply: 5
He was on one tonight!!
Posted by: toontown, December 20, 2020, 1:07am; Reply: 6
Yes - extremely prickly!
Posted by: BeijingMariner, December 20, 2020, 9:24am; Reply: 7
In one year I have gone from being 100% pro to thinking "why do you have to act like a sharp object all the time?" every time he speaks. God, it's hard work litening to him. He might well be the manager to eventully get us sorted, but it's going to be a journey where I do not listen to the manager's interviews.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 20, 2020, 10:12am; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings
I notice that the interview on GTFC iFollow is a bit shorter than the one on the BBC. Cuts off before he mentions him not buying shares now.

Yes I noticed that Ginny .

He is not a happy man at the moment let's hope this sale goes through and the new board cheer him up .
Posted by: marinette, December 20, 2020, 1:17pm; Reply: 9
I'm finding these interviews quite disturbing!!  Had hoped this one would be easier listening, but no... painful as ever.  Well done to JT for getting through it.  JT is a Town fan as well as a 'journo' - why not treat him as such?

Having said that, really pleased with the way the team performed yesterday and obviously with the result.  My feeling after Tuesday was that we needed to go right back to basics, stop leaking goals, try and be the first to every ball and want to win more than the opposition.  Yesterday seemed to tick all those boxes.  Completely different situation, but it reminded me of years ago, during Russell Slade's first stint with us, some people were clamouring for 4-4-2, and wanting the manager to bring back (a different) Macca to the team.  And things did get better eventually, back then.  Fingers crossed this time round, too.

We still do need to stop giving away so many free kicks.  Strangely enough, I don't see us as a dirty team though - our fouls seem to be mostly clumsy or late tackles, and a desire to get the ball when we're not quite quick enough, but not sure if that's because I'm seeing things through black 'n' white specs.  Contrast that with the 'assault' on Owura Edwards yesterday - that was what I would call dirty!  It did seem to affect Edwards's game for a while afterwards, but pleased to see he was beginning to get back to normal towards the end.

I think we might have the potential to be good - McKeown, Luke Hendrie and Harry C have all been OK with League 2 football in the past, and some of the newer ones like Edwards, Scannell and Morais have shown signs that they might have something.

Posted by: Boris Johnson, December 20, 2020, 1:32pm; Reply: 10
I listened to this for once, the relationship between him and Tondeur is really strained isnt it...its as if there is something else that gets to Holloway when he has to answer his questions.  Wonder what the issue is
Posted by: Ipswin, December 20, 2020, 1:39pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Boris Johnson
I listened to this for once, the relationship between him and Tondeur is really strained isnt it...its as if there is something else that gets to Holloway when he has to answer his questions.  Wonder what the issue is

Tondeur asks questions that any journo would and should ask (in fact others would be even more upfront and ask more pointed ones Tondeur is a bit soft) Holloway doesn't like answering if his reply does not put him in a good light
Posted by: Boris Johnson, December 20, 2020, 1:40pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Ipswin

Tondeur asks questions that any journo would and should ask (in fact others would be even more upfront and ask more pointed ones Tondeur is a bit soft) Holloway doesn't like answering if his reply does not put him in a good light

maybe he has sussed that JT uses his mate Lloyd Griffith to dish the dirt?
Posted by: moosey_club, December 20, 2020, 2:52pm; Reply: 13
Thank fck we didnt lose is all i can say.... a great opportunity for a tubthumping interview that but clearly IH has a chip on his shoulder with JT since THAT same for everyone covid comment.
Fck knows what is going through IH's head right now, i think he is suffering mentally with the the whole Covid world outside of football and having what is a massive part of his life being football completely turned upside down just when he was getting cosy last season has left him seemingly pretty fragile to me.
Chuck in the last week and this situation which is also disrupting his plans for long term then its kind of understandable he isnt exactly feeling chipper.

I think he might benefit from stepping back from an interview or two or the interviewer nipping his answers in the bud as when he starts to ramble he just gets more worked up, i know that isnt what the journo's want as if they let him go then who knows what he might reveal but no one is coming out smelling of roses the way they are currently going.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 20, 2020, 3:29pm; Reply: 14
I think you’re right Moosey. Olly’s reactions to completely reasonable questions (and delivered in a polite manner by Tondeur) was out of order. He seems to be very tetchy which I can only put down that the Covid crisis and maybe the shenanigans exposed lately.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, December 20, 2020, 3:55pm; Reply: 15
Think it’s more than that

Holloway doesn’t like a shitstairer
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 20, 2020, 4:33pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Think it’s more than that

Holloway doesn’t like a shitstairer

I have to admit, I don't like people who excrement on the stairs either. Makes it difficult to go up and down without standing in it. :-/
Posted by: bluebottle, December 20, 2020, 4:34pm; Reply: 17
If that’s the case, he will detest you then Boris.
Posted by: Teesknees, December 20, 2020, 4:45pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from arryarryarry

I have to admit, I don't like people who excrement on the stairs either. Makes it difficult to go up and down without standing in it. :-/

Very Funny!
Posted by: Croxton, December 20, 2020, 6:20pm; Reply: 19
Mike White is going to be acting RH Sports Editor for three months. His own interview with Jordan Clarke was an indulgent travesty, unnecessarily probing for dressing room angst following a derby defeat and totally failing to ask Clarke about the yellow card assault on Edwards. He apologised for this when either Crofty or JT prompted him.

It was White who bluntly pressed Graham Alexander in a post match interview if he thought he would be sacked. If Matt Dean is not going to be directing matters, then I hope JT avoids trying to blend post match interviews with questions about wider and emotive club issues. Olly's statement was worth a separate interview conducted with due notice and preparation.

RH already have a difficult relationship with HCFC and fans suffer if press/club relations sour. At this existential moment in GTFC history the triumvirate of Club/Media/Fans should proceed with care.
Posted by: Sammo, December 20, 2020, 8:00pm; Reply: 20
Christ if he’s like that with Tondeur how would he be with somebody who asks difficult questions, I like Holloway but I think his interviews lately do not put him in a good light and he seems to want to belittle JT knowing he would not bite back. Maybe take a break from the press and let Ben Davies do the media for a few weeks.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 20, 2020, 8:25pm; Reply: 21
He's definitely not the happy, bouncy, smiling guy that first came here a year ago. This club seems to knock the stuffing out of everyone eventually, managers and players. The last few weeks haven't been great with poor results, fans calling for his head not that long ago, and all the events off the field last week.

Think all the pressure, plus covid, plus losing a mate have taken their toll a bit. Not to mention moving away from his roots. He's also got the team wrong, admits it and is trying to put that right too. Bet his working week is a long one.
Posted by: DavidB, December 21, 2020, 12:06am; Reply: 22
Quoted from marinette
I'm finding these interviews quite disturbing!!  Had hoped this one would be easier listening, but no... painful as ever.  Well done to JT for getting through it.  JT is a Town fan as well as a 'journo' - why not treat him as such?

Having said that, really pleased with the way the team performed yesterday and obviously with the result.  My feeling after Tuesday was that we needed to go right back to basics, stop leaking goals, try and be the first to every ball and want to win more than the opposition.  Yesterday seemed to tick all those boxes.  Completely different situation, but it reminded me of years ago, during Russell Slade's first stint with us, some people were clamouring for 4-4-2, and wanting the manager to bring back (a different) Macca to the team.  And things did get better eventually, back then.  Fingers crossed this time round, too.

We still do need to stop giving away so many free kicks.  Strangely enough, I don't see us as a dirty team though - our fouls seem to be mostly clumsy or late tackles, and a desire to get the ball when we're not quite quick enough, but not sure if that's because I'm seeing things through black 'n' white specs.  Contrast that with the 'assault' on Owura Edwards yesterday - that was what I would call dirty!  It did seem to affect Edwards's game for a while afterwards, but pleased to see he was beginning to get back to normal towards the end.

I think we might have the potential to be good - McKeown, Luke Hendrie and Harry C have all been OK with League 2 football in the past, and some of the newer ones like Edwards, Scannell and Morais have shown signs that they might have something.

Good points marinette!

I'm not enjoying the post-match interviews - unpredictable moods, sometimes very prickly and defensive, and I'm not learning anything about the game unfortunately. Holloway wears his heart on his sleeve and seems to say whatever comes into his mind without too much consideration or composure, and in these post match interviews he's showing the frustrations he must be feeling about performances on the field and the situation off it. If both improve(!) we might see some more positive interviews.
Print page generated: May 26, 2024, 2:52pm