Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: psgmariner, December 19, 2020, 8:31pm
Anyone else hear that he’s gone back?
Posted by: Incognito, December 19, 2020, 8:35pm; Reply: 1
Nothing confirmed on the OS yet, but Tondeur mentioned before kick off that he was potentially back at WBA.

Personally, I'm undecided on him. He's a real grafter, but I feel we have too many of the same up top. It felt like he would have a really good game, we hope he pushes on, and then the next game he's too quiet...
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 19, 2020, 8:36pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from psgmariner

Yes, Ollie confirmed it post-match.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 19, 2020, 8:36pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from psgmariner

Ollie confirmed it in post match interview.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 19, 2020, 8:37pm; Reply: 4
Ollie confirmed he’d sent him back. I just wonder if Big Sam has called all the U23s back though to see what he’s got to work with.
Posted by: psgmariner, December 19, 2020, 8:38pm; Reply: 5
Didn’t hear the interview thanks. Shame that as really liked him
Posted by: Heisenberg, December 19, 2020, 8:40pm; Reply: 6
He’s joining Newport, so Ollie sent him home.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, December 19, 2020, 8:43pm; Reply: 7
After the Cheltenham and Orient games I thought we had a real quality player on our hands. Since then he's looked very poor and disinterested, so glad he's gone back.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, December 19, 2020, 8:44pm; Reply: 8
I'd sent Taylor and Morton back as well, if it was possible
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 19, 2020, 8:49pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Heisenberg
He’s joining Newport, so Ollie sent him home.

Really?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 19, 2020, 8:49pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

And Gomis.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, December 19, 2020, 8:51pm; Reply: 11
yes, forgot about him - he can go as well
Posted by: Hagrid, December 19, 2020, 8:55pm; Reply: 12
Hasnt done anything for weeks so not bothered
Posted by: nightrider, December 19, 2020, 9:30pm; Reply: 13
I didn't think he looked any more disinterested than the rest of the squad. He's been crap lately if that's what you mean, but then so has every other player
I liked him a lot and in his first few games I thought we'd be lucky to keep hold of him, but ultimately he's not scored
Posted by: Heisenberg, December 19, 2020, 9:31pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Really?

Yep, I believe so. Ollie went mental and got rid of him.
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 19, 2020, 10:20pm; Reply: 15
Thought he was excellent in his first two matches but hadn't reached those levels again. He had hit the woodwork twice in his last two matches though so I'm not sure it's fair to say he'd given up or wasn't trying. Certainly no more or less threatening than any of our other strikers.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 19, 2020, 10:46pm; Reply: 16
Shame, looked excellent at first. We're not really in a position to give young players time to develop because of our struggles on the pitch, but I think he has a good future in the game. If he has gone to Newport, I think he'll do well there. Frees up a spot, which it looks like the Belgian lad will be filling.
Posted by: pontoonlew, December 19, 2020, 10:53pm; Reply: 17
I think Windsor will be one of those we’re left scratching our head about one day wondering why it didn’t work here after he tears it up elsewhere. Very good player imo and one who hasn’t thrived in an extremely poor side.
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 19, 2020, 11:00pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from ginnywings
Shame, looked excellent at first. We're not really in a position to give young players time to develop because of our struggles on the pitch, but I think he has a good future in the game. If he has gone to Newport, I think he'll do well there. Frees up a spot, which it looks like the Belgian lad will be filling.

Sorry to be pedantic Ginny but I think he is a Cameroon lad, could be wrong though.

Posted by: Limerick Mariner, December 19, 2020, 11:05pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from pontoonlew
I think Windsor will be one of those we’re left scratching our head about one day wondering why it didn’t work here after he tears it up elsewhere. Very good player imo and one who hasn’t thrived in an extremely poor side.

Agreed, I think he has great potential and will do well with the right players around him. He would have been a great foil for a fully fit and firing Hanson. I can understand him getting frustrated over the last few weeks. I'd also send Taylor and Morton back. Give Spokes a bit of a run

Posted by: ginnywings, December 19, 2020, 11:09pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from promotion plaice

Sorry to be pedantic Ginny but I think he is a Cameroon lad, could be wrong though.

Dual nationality I think.
Posted by: male private Nale, December 20, 2020, 8:33am; Reply: 21
Quoted from promotion plaice

If you are going to be a pedant, at least be one with conviction
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 20, 2020, 8:46am; Reply: 22
Must be a hard time for a young lad to be away from friends and family in a town he doesn't know. Particularly in a struggling team that he was in and out of.
Posted by: golfer, December 20, 2020, 9:58am; Reply: 23

and Spokes ....AND ....
Posted by: Croxton, December 20, 2020, 10:03am; Reply: 24
Very sad about this outcome. Despite his robust physique and apparent confidence battling against L2 defences, he appeared frustrated by the poor build up play and quality of service he got. He started to appear less in tune with whoever was around him and was reduced to playing his own game.

I am sure that he would develop quickly in Newport's set up with their more experienced squad especially as Flynn is looking to replace Podge according to some of their fans. There may be personal reasons why he wasn't enjoying the isolation of N.E. Lincs but the lack of a consistent place and tactical plan will have disappointed both him and his mentors at West Brom. For a host of reasons, he wasn't going to sign for us.
Posted by: Croxton, December 20, 2020, 10:10am; Reply: 25
Quoted from golfer

and Spokes ....AND ....

Spokes showed other aspects to his game yesterday. Less clumsy tackling, more vision, better decisions, held his central position, not bullied and able to switch play. Easily better than Harry yesterday.
Posted by: Davec, December 20, 2020, 10:14am; Reply: 26
I agree that Spokes looked half decent yesterday and it shows that given more game time there may be a decent player in there.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 20, 2020, 10:42am; Reply: 27
Quoted from male private Nale

If you are going to be a pedant, at least be one with conviction

You mean like Alex May?
Posted by: pontoonlew, December 20, 2020, 1:40pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Croxton

Spokes showed other aspects to his game yesterday. Less clumsy tackling, more vision, better decisions, held his central position, not bullied and able to switch play. Easily better than Harry yesterday.

He looked much fitter than the last time we saw him as well, I feel the clumsy tackling and distribution was a direct result of a lack of fitness. Looks a decent player and his performance yesterday was miles better than anything Taylor and Morton have conjured up all season.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, December 20, 2020, 2:00pm; Reply: 29
Didn’t think he was any good... marginally better than some
Posted by: Incognito, December 20, 2020, 4:48pm; Reply: 30
Now he's confirmed he's left...

[tweet]1340694384308793344[/tweet]
Posted by: RonMariner, December 20, 2020, 5:33pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Croxton

I am sure that he would develop quickly in Newport's set up with their more experienced squad especially as Flynn is looking to replace Podge according to some of their fans.

If true I  would have Podge back here.
Posted by: mimma, December 20, 2020, 8:07pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from RonMariner

If true I  would have Podge back here.

Why?  He gets good service at Newport but his goal tally isn't that great. Put him in our team at the moment he would struggle like the forwards we've already got. He was good while he was here, but I doubt he would be able to reproduce that form now.

Posted by: moosey_club, December 20, 2020, 8:34pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from mimma

Why?  He gets good service at Newport but his goal tally isn't that great. Put him in our team at the moment he would struggle like the forwards we've already got. He was good while he was here, but I doubt he would be able to reproduce that form now.

When you listen to people like Martin Gritton, Gary Croft regularly saying "someone just needed to read that, someone just needed to anticipate there, that was a great ball in but no one "  ..
then I think there is definately a place for someone like Podge....he knows when to go in, knows when to stay out and sees where the ball will drop.
Posted by: golfer, December 21, 2020, 8:46am; Reply: 34
I'd sign Podge in an instant - but doubt if he would want to come back with all the problems old and new.
Posted by: bedders78, December 21, 2020, 6:20pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from moosey_club

....he knows when to go in, knows when to stay out and sees where the ball will drop.

I catch a paper boy
But things don't really change
Posted by: Cayman_mariner, December 21, 2020, 6:30pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from bedders78

I catch a paper boy

Brilliant Bedders  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, December 21, 2020, 7:05pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from bedders78

I catch a paper boy

took a minute to work that out, very good :)
Posted by: ginnywings, December 21, 2020, 7:18pm; Reply: 38

took a minute to work that out, very good :)

Have to admit that I'm still struggling to 'get it'.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 21, 2020, 7:42pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from ginnywings

Have to admit that I'm still struggling to 'get it'.

It’s probably another reference to something in the Hit Parade that all the with it youngsters are listening to.
Posted by: golfer, December 21, 2020, 7:52pm; Reply: 40
" Modern Love "  David Bowie  ..... I'll sing it for you if you want Ginny  :K)                                    
Posted by: oochiad, December 21, 2020, 8:03pm; Reply: 41
As if Podge would ever come back!!
Posted by: ginnywings, December 21, 2020, 8:08pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from golfer
" Modern Love "  David Bowie  ..... I'll sing it for you if you want Ginny  :K)                                    

Yeah, can hear the line in my head now. Cheers!

I'll pass on the singing ta.
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 4:07am