Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Freemoash88, December 19, 2020, 8:31am

Morning,

I was wondering if someone from this brilliant community can help abit of a novice to get the Town game onto my TV (yes it’s a smart tv).

What apps can I use is there an app I can download and it’ll all work?

Or do I just go to the town website and do it on my tv?

Cheers in advance thanks
Posted by: Dan, December 19, 2020, 8:34am; Reply: 1
HDMI cable from laptop to this easiest. You can try and use the web browser on the TV but it’s not great in my experience.
Posted by: mariner83, December 19, 2020, 8:36am; Reply: 2
I've tried doing it through the TV browser, never loads up properly :-/
HDMI from laptop or mirror link from phone.
Posted by: stuart brace was king, December 19, 2020, 8:40am; Reply: 3
Morning
It’s a good question and I’ll be interested in the other replies.... however I have been watching on ifollow since it started (lived abroad) and have only got it to work on an iPad, and even that stops if I try and connect an hdmi cable to the telly.
So I reckon you’ll only get it on a phone, tablet or laptop, but hope some technical genius can prove me wrong.
Would be great to us smash the Scunts on the big screen  8)

UTM
Posted by: moosey_club, December 19, 2020, 9:13am; Reply: 4
Morning
It’s a good question and I’ll be interested in the other replies.... however I have been watching on ifollow since it started (lived abroad) and have only got it to work on an iPad, and even that stops if I try and connect an hdmi cable to the telly.
So I reckon you’ll only get it on a phone, tablet or laptop, but hope some technical genius can prove me wrong.
Would be great to us smash the Scunts on the big screen  8)

UTM

It would ,  but not sure there is any footage of that  7-1 win  out there
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 19, 2020, 9:15am; Reply: 5
Do you have a Chromecast? If so, use your computer and play the game in Google Chrome. You can cast your browser to your TV. When I did it this way the quality was great!
Posted by: Sandford1981, December 19, 2020, 9:19am; Reply: 6
I Have tried previously on tv browser and not great but I’ve have no bother with connecting tv to laptop with a HDMI.

Posted by: NorthseaMariner, December 19, 2020, 9:24am; Reply: 7
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Do you have a Chromecast? If so, use your computer and play the game in Google Chrome. You can cast your browser to your TV. When I did it this way the quality was great!

Ah, maybe you can help me. I have a Chromcast plugged into my tv, but it only seems to give me options to control the temperature in my house. I’m obviously missing something.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 19, 2020, 9:28am; Reply: 8
Quoted from NorthseaMariner

Ah, maybe you can help me. I have a Chromcast plugged into my tv, but it only seems to give me options to control the temperature in my house. I’m obviously missing something.

It's easier to set it up on your phone but once it's set up your computer should pick it up too.
Posted by: Posh Harry, December 19, 2020, 10:06am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Freemoash88

Morning,

I was wondering if someone from this brilliant community can help abit of a novice to get the Town game onto my TV (yes it’s a smart tv).

Cheers in advance thanks

Your a brave man. I think there’s more people wanting to know how to get it off the telly the way we are playing at the moment!!
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 19, 2020, 10:23am; Reply: 10

I've streamed every game this season for the £10 and unfortunately it's been working fine, no spinning white circle on a black background or login problems, typical.
Posted by: male private Nale, December 19, 2020, 10:43am; Reply: 11
Quoted from promotion plaice

I've streamed every game this season for the £10 and unfortunately it's been working fine, no spinning white circle on a black background or login problems, typical.

Nice !!
Posted by: Sweden, December 19, 2020, 10:58am; Reply: 12
I lived abroad. Have had Ifollow since they started broadcasting. In the beginning, I used Cromecast with a lot of problems. Since I have used HDMI cable then it has almost always worked well.
Posted by: mariner tommy, December 19, 2020, 10:58am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Freemoash88

Morning,

Cheers in advance thanks

I contacted iFollow several weeks ago when I couldn’t get it to work on my smart tv, they told me that the platform does not support smart TVs. So I loaded it up on my laptop and connected to the tv with hdmi, I selected the input source on the tv and it works spot on. No delay or buffering at all.
Or you can just watch from your laptop but it’s better on a large screen tv.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, December 19, 2020, 11:46am; Reply: 14
Quoted from jamesgtfc

It's easier to set it up on your phone but once it's set up your computer should pick it up too.

What app should I be using. I was told google home and that might be why I can only control the temperature in my house?
Posted by: oochiad, December 19, 2020, 1:48pm; Reply: 15
I pay for everything away game ans get tie home matches for free as I have a season ticket and also unfortunately it all works fine. I generally have it on in the background as after the first five or so minutes I dare not look! I switch it off second half.......😂😩
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 19, 2020, 1:52pm; Reply: 16

What app should I be using. I was told google home and that might be why I can only control the temperature in my house?

It should show up on your home app. I can see it on mine as "Living Room TV"
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, December 19, 2020, 2:19pm; Reply: 17
Thanks for that, but no tv coming up ?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 19, 2020, 2:28pm; Reply: 18
Thanks for that, but no tv coming up ?

Is your Chromecast plugged into the TV and connected to a power source?
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, December 19, 2020, 3:56pm; Reply: 19
Correct that, it is there, but can’t see how to cast anything other than a screensaver?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 19, 2020, 6:03pm; Reply: 20
Correct that, it is there, but can’t see how to cast anything other than a screensaver?

Did you sort it? Sorry I was working at Grimsby Borough.

On your Chrome browser there is an option in the menu at the top to Cast your screen and that should be it.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, December 19, 2020, 7:27pm; Reply: 21
Sorry to be a twit James, but no I cannot find that mate. Just seems to be the settings cog and 3 dots at the top rhs of the screen.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 19, 2020, 8:16pm; Reply: 22
Use an old laptop with HDMI out to a 7 years old 55" TV.

Sometimes stutters a bit but still watchable apart from the crap football.
Posted by: mimma, December 19, 2020, 11:38pm; Reply: 23
I use the "mirror" function on my smart TV.

Go to the mirror function on the  TV apps, then on your phone, go to "smart TV" function and search for your TV. When it finds it you can connect your phone to your telly and watch it from your phone.

Hope that makes sense. This works for me, apart from the football being crap.
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 12:59am