Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 17, 2020, 10:49am
It says in today Telegraph online that Ollie is to make a statement about the current goings-on.

There is just a sentence or two about it, but he says he "is not a pawn in any of this, he knows why he came here and the reasons I came here are now changing, and he doesn't like it."

Doesn't sound good, does it?
Posted by: Henryscat, December 17, 2020, 10:49am; Reply: 1
https://twitter.com/jamiefin_/status/1339515741620629504?s=21
Posted by: gtfcmd, December 17, 2020, 10:51am; Reply: 2
Neither are the fans turning us into a laughing stock
Posted by: Henryscat, December 17, 2020, 10:52am; Reply: 3
I hate to say this but I look at the league table and I’m not happy with current goings-on either Ian
Posted by: ivanosandwich, December 17, 2020, 10:53am; Reply: 4
Could be the comments of a man looking to save face.

Perhaps he has realised that he cannot halt the slide and it's a way to walk away before being pushed or admitting that he has failed.
Posted by: davmariner, December 17, 2020, 10:55am; Reply: 5
Depends how you define good. He’s big makes with Fenty so obviously won’t like it. For the fans however, it sounds promising.
Posted by: Henryscat, December 17, 2020, 10:56am; Reply: 6
https://twitter.com/humbersidesport/status/1339523395868831745?s=21

Humberside reporting it slightly differently.
Posted by: Henryscat, December 17, 2020, 10:57am; Reply: 7
https://twitter.com/humbersidesport/status/1339523395868831745?s=21
Posted by: ginnywings, December 17, 2020, 11:01am; Reply: 8
The sh!tshow that is GTFC.

If there was as much drama on the pitch as off it, we would need a stadium the size of Wembley.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 17, 2020, 11:01am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Henryscat

Well that is a bit different to the Telegraph. Just have to see what the statement says. He should really have released the statement first to stop speculation!
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 17, 2020, 11:03am; Reply: 10
If he came here for the fans then why does it matter to him whether Fenty or Shutes is in charge.
Posted by: dicko995, December 17, 2020, 11:08am; Reply: 11
Ollie did say months ago, that if Tom Shutes took over, he would leave, oh well.
Posted by: SomeSanity, December 17, 2020, 11:08am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
If he came here for the fans then why does it matter to him whether Fenty or Shutes is in charge.

Shutes didn't offer him part of a development project  ;)

That was a joke, I really have no idea what attracted him to the club.
Posted by: Henryscat, December 17, 2020, 11:09am; Reply: 13

I’m reading from the humberside tweet it doesn’t but having his reputation tarnished by May’s involvement does.
Posted by: Mikey_345, December 17, 2020, 11:13am; Reply: 14
For me it sounds like he wants to distance himself from the May scandal. We should wait and see before jumping to conclusions.
Posted by: diehardmariner, December 17, 2020, 11:14am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Henryscat

I’m reading from the humberside tweet it doesn’t but having his reputation tarnished by May’s involvement does.

That's how I'm reading it too.  Especially the bit about the fans.

If (and it is an if) Holloway is in genuine disagreement and conflict with Fenty and the board, there's never a better time to voice that.  
Posted by: MarshMariner, December 17, 2020, 11:14am; Reply: 16
Just despair at a time we really need to focus on the running of the Team, the Manager makes another throw away statement, leaving a vacuum of uncertainty... which will now be filled with gossip and further uncertainty...
That will help attract some players in January... that is if he is still the Manager... :B

I wish he would consider the consequences before speaking... if the statement is not prepared why bother...  Hate to say this, but I think someone needs to clarify the whole situation and draw a line under things, so we can concentrate on sorting out the Team and Club in January..  That would normally be the Chairman...whoever that actually is... ;-)
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, December 17, 2020, 11:18am; Reply: 17
Is he about to play his get out of jail free card?
Posted by: MarshMariner, December 17, 2020, 11:28am; Reply: 18
He said he wanted to leave a legacy...not sure he had this one in mind.. 8-)  He only left pop up water sprinklers at Blackpool... is he leaving us with some big smelly brown stuff on our pitch... I hope not... :B
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 17, 2020, 11:30am; Reply: 19
Ollie! If you came here for the fans, please respect the fact that the fans have suffered long enough. The club will never change for the better while there’s penny pinching going on as opposed to the betterment of the squad. Surely that should please you?

I fully understand that it was John Fenty that persuaded you to come here, but neither he or you are bigger than GTFC.
Posted by: Davec, December 17, 2020, 11:40am; Reply: 20
If Holloway comes out and defends the board and urges them not to sell to Shutes Stockwood and Petitt then he can just intercourse off
Posted by: GollyGTFC, December 17, 2020, 11:43am; Reply: 21
I wonder if Fenty has told Ollie that he’s selling up to Shutes. I don’t disbelieve him when he says he came here for the fan, but he came here primarily to work for Fenty and because he was given overall control of all footballing matters. I doubt a new owner would be so willing to have a manager wielding so much influence over the core activity of the business.
Posted by: Bradford Mariner, December 17, 2020, 11:45am; Reply: 22
Time will tell, but this sounds like someone looking for a get-out clause from his current position.

It doesn't surprise me in the least, this was always about Holloway and nothing to do with GTFC.

I don't like the idea of looking for a new manager, though, it rarely solves the problem but I think Holloway has run out of ideas and wants a way out.

UTM
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 17, 2020, 11:48am; Reply: 23
I keep getting red crosses for saying this but never mind I will say it again sorry I can not say my souce.

Ollie had a agreement that after he finished in management he would be the chairman and owner of the club.

Whether Fenty told him he would sell his shares of give them to Ollie I do not know.

Selling the club to Shutes  means that deal is off if that is what happening.

So I expect Ollie to walk and leave us in the excrement.

We might find out later.
Posted by: psgmariner, December 17, 2020, 11:49am; Reply: 24
Great week of preparation for the scunny game. Well done to all involved...
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 17, 2020, 11:51am; Reply: 25

Flat caps...buy one get one free !!  
Posted by: Hagrid, December 17, 2020, 11:52am; Reply: 26
This club is a shambles. Top to bottom
Posted by: Kris2, December 17, 2020, 11:53am; Reply: 27
Well with the nuclear bomb about to go off it seems like a lot of people are looking for a get out clause at the minute. This deal if it ever goes through would provide it but would depend on if the Fenty faction's position is as weak as it seems now. During the last round of meetings they had a much stronger position to throw a spanner in the works if they don't get things done their way.

As for Holloway, he doesn't need us. He has a TV career where his off the wall rants and personality play much better than in the backwaters of the North-East coastline. As for if we need him many will say we don't but have little realistic suggestions and ideas on who would be better than what we have. Could throw another total unknown at the wall and see what happens, could employ an experienced manager again that is out of touch with the modern game and players.

Tbh I think most who want Holloway gone probably think putting Dave Moore in charge is a good idea because from Grimsby. Maybe we should give Neil Woods another crack at it? With a squad of promising young players he won't have the excuse that he was left with dross and no money so we can see what he's got.
Posted by: Ipswin, December 17, 2020, 11:55am; Reply: 28
Quoted from grimsby pete

We might find out later.

Which is exactly where we were when he arrived only its a bit deeper this time with a excrement squad he has assembled

Does anyone really believe or even think that Holloway thought he would A) be chairman and B) own the club?

Total balderdash from day one
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), December 17, 2020, 11:57am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Kris2
Well with the nuclear bomb about to go off it seems like a lot of people are looking for a get out clause at the minute. This deal if it ever goes through would provide it but would depend on if the Fenty faction's position is as weak as it seems now. During the last round of meetings they had a much stronger position to throw a spanner in the works if they don't get things done their way.

As for Holloway, he doesn't need us. He has a TV career where his off the wall rants and personality play much better than in the backwaters of the North-East coastline. As for if we need him many will say we don't but have little realistic suggestions and ideas on who would be better than what we have. Could throw another total unknown at the wall and see what happens, could employ an experienced manager again that is out of touch with the modern game and players.

Tbh I think most who want Holloway gone probably think putting Dave Moore in charge is a good idea because from Grimsby. Maybe we should give Neil Woods another crack at it? With a squad of promising young players he won't have the excuse that he was left with dross and no money so we can see what he's got.

Please NO!  Promoting from within doesn't work for us, look at what happened the last time Woods was in charge!

Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 17, 2020, 11:57am; Reply: 30
Quoted from grimsby pete
I keep getting red crosses for saying this but never mind I will say it again sorry I can not say my souce.

Ollie had a agreement that after he finished in management he would be the chairman and owner of the club.

Whether Fenty told him he would sell his shares of give them to Ollie I do not know.

Selling the club to Shutes  means that deal is off if that is what happening.

We might find out later.

I think we can safely say Fenty would not give them to him.

If this was at all plausible surely Ollie would be much better working with the Shutes consortium as they are much closer, so it seems, to his moral values. They will also be able to access investment funds that Fenty could only dream about, so if Ollie is serious about putting GTFC back on the map go all in with the Shutes consortium and lets get cracking!  

Posted by: Ipswin, December 17, 2020, 11:58am; Reply: 31
Well at least he's got two possible new excuses for when he felicitations off and he won't have to use Covid and the training ground being waterlogged

1) I can't possibly work for a club that was even contemplating taking money from a convicted con man

2) I can't possibly work for a club if my little pal John Fenty is not there to look after me
Posted by: ska face, December 17, 2020, 11:58am; Reply: 32
Quoted from psgmariner

What, is John Fenty or Phillip Day starting at centre half this Saturday? Makes frig all difference on the pitch.

If Holloway can’t handle 1 (one) board meeting without it scuppering his plans for a week, who’s issue is that?
Posted by: psgmariner, December 17, 2020, 11:59am; Reply: 33
Bristol moved to tier 2. He can move home and have an eat in greggs vegan sausage roll now.
Posted by: diehardmariner, December 17, 2020, 12:00pm; Reply: 34
Nothing through the clubs official channels about this, so you have to think that Holloway is going rogue on this one.

Whilst I agree putting something out there saying he's not happy and will be issuing a statement isn't going to help, but it's probably not unlikely he's told Humberside/Telegraph to expect a statement and they've rung him quickly for a soundbite as a teaser.    

Don't agree that it's bad timing in terms of the Scunthorpe, or any other, game.  Ideally we would have him focused on the football but that's not how things are.  The more pressure that Fenty gets put under the better.

This all said, if he comes out and defends Fenty and how the club is well run again I'm done with him.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 17, 2020, 12:01pm; Reply: 35
If  he goes  Dave Moore would be ideal as he has done it twice before until we get a permenent replacement.

You never know Shutes might have more luck in getting us a manager that takes us up the league.

AND

Take less than 20+ years in getting us a new stadium more like 2 to 3  8)
Posted by: psgmariner, December 17, 2020, 12:01pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from ska face

What, is John Fenty or Phillip Day starting at centre half this Saturday? Makes frig all difference on the pitch.

If Holloway can’t handle 1 (one) board meeting without it scuppering his plans for a week, who’s issue is that?

Having the manager questioning his future and deciding he has to issues statements isn’t great preparation for a big game. If you think it is that’s fine though.

Posted by: grimsby pete, December 17, 2020, 12:07pm; Reply: 37
If Ollie talks to Shutes  he might be surprised that he could get a similar deal with him.

I don't think he would want to pack in managing for at least ten years.

Shutes  would more than likely agree to some sort of deal with that time scale in mind.
Posted by: Stockport Mariner, December 17, 2020, 12:11pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from psgmariner

Completely agree. Getting 3 points on Saturday is vital, aside from the fact it's a local derby and now it looks like we have a manager who is distracted by all of this.
Posted by: Ipswin, December 17, 2020, 12:17pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from grimsby pete

I don't think he would want to pack in managing for at least ten years..

Good grief Pete he ought to pack it in now, goodness knows what he'll be like in 10 years!

Posted by: grimsby pete, December 17, 2020, 12:22pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Ipswin

Good grief Pete he ought to pack it in now, goodness knows what he'll be like in 10 years!

He will be as mad as the rest of us Swin.   ;D
Posted by: Ipswin, December 17, 2020, 12:26pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from grimsby pete

He will be as mad as the rest of us Swin.   ;D

I think he's already achieved that Pete

Posted by: Boris Johnson, December 17, 2020, 12:43pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from dicko995
Ollie did say months ago, that if Tom Shutes took over, he would leave, oh well.

he wont be on his own
Posted by: Boris Johnson, December 17, 2020, 12:55pm; Reply: 43

well Shutes isnt a fan, not even a football man.  Admittedly Honest John is poisonous, but that I suspect makes a difference, no allegiance to the club whatsover.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 17, 2020, 12:58pm; Reply: 44
You'd think that Ollie would be able to work with any board, if he wants to create something special then I can't see any reason why they couldn't take place under any ownership. Doesn't he just need to discuss with them what they propose and see if it aligns to his own vision and values. He's on the board so he has access to these people and conversations.
Posted by: wuffing, December 17, 2020, 1:12pm; Reply: 45
I'd have thought Ollie would be an added attraction to any potential new owners, what with his high profile TV, radio and media illuminations!?
Posted by: mimma, December 17, 2020, 1:13pm; Reply: 46
Did Ollie ACTUALLY say he would leave if Shutes took over, or has someone twisted or misunderstand what he has said???
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, December 17, 2020, 1:14pm; Reply: 47
After yesterday’s statement from NELC regarding the dates of the meeting and Holloway’s subsequent appointment followed by this morning’s panicked statement from the man himself all the stars have aligned in my head .

Oh dear the rats are deserting and the pigs are squealing. How embarrassing for these men .
Posted by: pontoonlew, December 17, 2020, 1:18pm; Reply: 48
If anybody actually listens to what Holloway says in his interview, it's quite clear he's not wanting to leave the club but like most of us is annoyed at what the powers that be have done.

I feel like whatever his statement later says, it'll be to the advantage of Shutes. It'll also likely bring national media attention to what's going on at our club at the minute which can only be a positive IMO, the more pressure on JSF the better.
Posted by: Tommy, December 17, 2020, 1:22pm; Reply: 49
Jesus, some of the posts on here!

Is it such a ridiculous idea to wait to see what he has to say and then react to what he actually does say?
Posted by: monkeyboy, December 17, 2020, 1:34pm; Reply: 50
He s probably not happy at some idiot fans shouting he needs to make a statement about this Alex May bloke.
Ollie has always said he leaves the business side to the board not including himself.

Maybe he is finding out how bad and fickle some of our fans are after a not ideal start to the season but lets face it no worse than it has been for years.  
Lets face it we get a win and people scream promotion, get a loss and its relegation.  

A complete rebuild of the team and we are struggling, the building blocks are there but not the patience.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), December 17, 2020, 1:38pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Tommy
Jesus, some of the posts on here!

Is it such a ridiculous idea to wait to see what he has to say and then react to what he actually does say?

Oh as Burnsy would say "give your head a wobble" this is the fishy and talking sense is not allowed. If you haven't a false rumour, can't twist the words, have no inside knowledge, don't know someone who someone knows whose got a mate that's overheard a conversation, if you want to sack everyone or want a poll on a bleedin obvious question then your not part of this community 😉🙄🤔
Posted by: aldi_01, December 17, 2020, 1:42pm; Reply: 52
Interesting that the official channels haven’t said he’s making one yet...
Posted by: denni266, December 17, 2020, 1:47pm; Reply: 53
I took it he ment after saturdays game , could be wrong tho
Posted by: GrimRob, December 17, 2020, 1:54pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from pontoonlew
If anybody actually listens to what Holloway says in his interview, it's quite clear he's not wanting to leave the club but like most of us is annoyed at what the powers that be have done.

I feel like whatever his statement later says, it'll be to the advantage of Shutes. It'll also likely bring national media attention to what's going on at our club at the minute which can only be a positive IMO, the more pressure on JSF the better.

He actually says quite a lot in the interview and quite a lot in the post-match after the game the other night. He's not the sort of person to keep his thoughts to himself. A prepared co-authored statement is not as spontaneous and to-the-heart as the comments he has already made. But we'll see.
Posted by: rancido, December 17, 2020, 2:00pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from dicko995

He didn't say he would leave. He said he would have to rethink about his situation at the club. Not quite the same thing.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, December 17, 2020, 2:02pm; Reply: 56
The bee all and end all is what Ollie wants to do.

He has the choice of backing his 'bezzie mate' JSF, who along with the rest of the Board have put nothing into the club in the last year, therefore leaving him on the breadline with only two thrupenny bits to use for transfers. To continue with this option as is, he will be gone before the end of the season in my eyes

or

He backs a takeover by THREE investment businessmen who may not have an affinity with GTFC, but will bring much needed funding in to be used for the team, the training ground, and even a new ground. They may only want it as a business, but no businessman invests to throw his money away. This is the long term option which could see Ollie firmly encamped in GTFC folklore
Posted by: Boris Johnson, December 17, 2020, 2:19pm; Reply: 57

He backs a takeover by THREE investment businessmen who may not have an affinity with GTFC, but will bring much needed funding in to be used for the team, the training ground, and even a new ground. They may only want it as a business, but no businessman invests to throw his money away. This is the long term option which could see Ollie firmly encamped in GTFC folklore

You, like me have no idea of the level of funding they will bring. You are guessing, and I dont think we will ever know.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 17, 2020, 2:21pm; Reply: 58
I have listened to the RH interview, and it is much more positive than the Telegraph headline.

He is obviously hurting like the rest of us, but he naturally wants his say on this weeks events, and is putting out a carefully worded and professional statement in due course.

He hints it will be a rallying call to supporters. Lets hope we get a positive result this weekend, and get some further news about the takeover talks asap.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 17, 2020, 2:23pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Boris Johnson

You, like me have no idea of the level of funding they will bring. You are guessing, and I dont think we will ever know.

True, but it is likely to be more than the sodomist all we have got at the minute.

As many have said, it is the expertise and collegiate way of doing things that will probably have the biggest effect, but I am sure they will be in a much better position to find investors and sponsors and helpers and bring a much-needed sense of purpose to the club.
Posted by: SomeSanity, December 17, 2020, 2:24pm; Reply: 60

Even if its no funding, it's the same level as what we have been getting in recent times. The only difference is they bring a fresh approach and fresh ideas. Three people with three sets of new business contacts.

Yes, there are risks but there are with any transaction but at least the club is debt-free and not beholden to one man.

What makes you so sure we will ever know Boris?
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, December 17, 2020, 2:33pm; Reply: 61
He’s in this up to his neck .
How was May going to invest £1m ?
How was Holloway going to fund taking overGtfc ?
The whole thing stinks
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 17, 2020, 2:34pm; Reply: 62

He has the choice of backing his 'bezzie mate' JSF, who along with the rest of the Board have put nothing into the club in the last year, therefore leaving him on the breadline with only two thrupenny bits to use for transfers. To continue with this option as is, he will be gone before the end of the season in my eyes

or

Olly’s got a pair of thrupenny bits?? He doesn’t look fat enough for man boobs.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 17, 2020, 2:37pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from monkeyboy
He s probably not happy at some idiot fans shouting he needs to make a statement about this Alex May bloke.
Ollie has always said he leaves the business side to the board not including himself.

Maybe he is finding out how bad and fickle some of our fans are after a not ideal start to the season but lets face it no worse than it has been for years.  
Lets face it we get a win and people scream promotion, get a loss and its relegation.  

A complete rebuild of the team and we are struggling, the building blocks are there but not the patience.

FFS pull your head out of your bottom, GTFC fans and the Fishy are no different to every other club

Take a peek at the forums of other clubs that are struggling and the reaction is just the same.

The Notts County forum was full of vitriol about their directors and hate against the criminal who wanted to be part of their club.

Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 17, 2020, 2:42pm; Reply: 64
As usual, he speaks very passionately about things he's not happy about.

I am thinking along the lines of being sold a story by Fenty, then finding out he's dealing with convicts, and him finding out via the media like the rest of us.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, December 17, 2020, 2:48pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from SomeSanity

Even if its no funding, it's the same level as what we have been getting in recent times. The only difference is they bring a fresh approach and fresh ideas. Three people with three sets of new business contacts.

Yes, there are risks but there are with any transaction but at least the club is debt-free and not beholden to one man.

What makes you so sure we will ever know Boris?

because I think the Football club is probably a side interest that has to fit into there other plans, I worry long term. I think the salary cap makes funding for players irrelevant, and that it will be an astute manager who can get the best out of that budget.  We certainly need to become more attractive, that I dont dispute...and I still thnk we are years away from any new ground, as obstacles will be put in the way.

Posted by: Ruston AT, December 17, 2020, 3:14pm; Reply: 66

because I think the Football club is probably a side interest that has to fit into there other plans, I worry long term. I think the salary cap makes funding for players irrelevant, and that it will be an astute manager who can get the best out of that budget.  We certainly need to become more attractive, that I dont dispute...and I still thnk we are years away from any new ground, as obstacles will be put in the way.

Why? Are we negotiating with the EU. Sorry just had to put that.
Posted by: SomeSanity, December 17, 2020, 3:24pm; Reply: 67

Boris, Boris, Boris,

Up until 4 days ago GTFC was a side interest of JF's so don't give me that. More obstacles will be in place with a figurehead that has been known to deal with crooks that hasn't made any headway since 2004.

** EDIT**

Time to shite or get off the pot.
Posted by: Bigdog, December 17, 2020, 3:24pm; Reply: 68

or

https://twitter.com/jstockwood?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Jason Stockwood Twitter bio.. Forever GTFC with three fishes and regularly attends matches.. Is it the Grimsby fear of the unknown that makes people contradict what they can easily find out with a couple of clicks of a button? And then make swathing assumptions about their motives? FFS, the only evidence we've seen is an artist's impression of a new stadium on a rejuvenated run down dockland area, so we can safely assume it's the centrepiece of their plans for GTFC and they've already got an existing local project underway. Can't we just be happy with that for now until we hear from the horse's mouth so to speak. And the "no businessman throws his money away" line.. ever heard of charity, investment in positive PR, doing things for the greater good, philanthropy or legacy?
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, December 17, 2020, 3:30pm; Reply: 69
Even if the "Golden Triumvirate" are not GTFC fans, they are or were local, so will understand what GTFC means to the people of Grimsby.
Posted by: Ipswin, December 17, 2020, 3:36pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I am thinking along the lines of being sold a story by Fenty, then finding out he's dealing with convicts, and him finding out via the media like the rest of us.

I certainly think thats what he will claim, whether its true or not is another matter

Posted by: gtfcmd, December 17, 2020, 3:36pm; Reply: 71
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/grimsby-town-holloway-shutes-takeover-4162182
Posted by: Ipswin, December 17, 2020, 3:42pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from gtfcmd

Well that's ensured he won't have long to 're-think' his position if Shutes takes over, just the time it takes Shutes to walk from his office to Holloway's with the P45.

So who do you want Shutes and Co or 'wonderful Ollie' and Fenty, sounds like a straight choice to me
Posted by: gtfcmd, December 17, 2020, 3:43pm; Reply: 73
Wait for his statement then I’m sure things might come clearer 🤞
Posted by: Boris Johnson, December 17, 2020, 3:45pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Ipswin

Well that's ensured he won't have long to 're-think' his position if Shutes takes over, just the time it takes Shutes to walk from his office to Holloway's with the P45.

So who do you want Shutes and Co or 'wonderful Ollie' and Fenty, sounds like a straight choice to me

can i vote for both?
Posted by: Ipswin, December 17, 2020, 3:45pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from gtfcmd
Wait for his statement then I’m sure things might come clearer 🤞

You mean there's more to come? Bloody hell, if he managed as much as he talks we'd be top 3

Posted by: ginnywings, December 17, 2020, 3:50pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from gtfcmd

That's from May (no, not that one, the month of May) and his stance may have altered since then.

It might even be a possibility that new blood comes in and works alongside the old. It's all speculation at the moment, and the only thing that bothers me is what is going on, on the pitch.

Someone ought to put them all in a room, bang their heads together and remind them that there's the small matter of a team plummeting to the bottom of the league. If Shutes comes in and Olly takes his ball home, then so be it. No-one is bigger than the club.
Posted by: friskneymariner, December 17, 2020, 4:05pm; Reply: 77
I am convinced under this management the Club is approaching terminal entropy,if it going to be rescued it needs to be quick and involves J.S.F. never setting foot in B.P. again.
Posted by: oochiad, December 17, 2020, 4:06pm; Reply: 78
Let’s not post an old piece of journalism eh........
Posted by: Ipswin, December 17, 2020, 4:15pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from oochiad
Let’s not post an old piece of journalism eh........

The latest missive is just too tear jerking

Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 17, 2020, 5:43pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from friskneymariner
I am convinced under this management the Club is approaching terminal entropy,if it going to be rescued it needs to be quick and involves J.S.F. never setting foot in B.P. again.

Sounds like a cue for a Fenty malapropism: “entropy! Entropy! They’ve all got it entropy!” 😁
Posted by: norfuk mariner, December 17, 2020, 5:54pm; Reply: 81
I thought that was infamy. JF says they have all got it in for me!
Posted by: oochiad, December 17, 2020, 6:09pm; Reply: 82
Honestly, you couldn’t make all this up could you ffs!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 17, 2020, 10:43pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from norfuk mariner
I thought that was infamy. JF says they have all got it in for me!

It is. But it’s meant to be a Fenty malapropism.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 17, 2020, 11:03pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It is. But it’s meant to be a Fenty malapropism.

If you have to explain a joke...

I thought it witty KM.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 17, 2020, 11:10pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from ginnywings

If you have to explain a joke...

I thought it witty KM.

I know. By that point I thought it was a fail anyway 😄

Thanks and cheque’s in the post.
Print page generated: May 24, 2024, 12:52am