Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 10, 2020, 8:13pm
I see Tranmere pressed on an played today with something like 8 positives because the EFL couldn't guarantee they wouldn't get a 15 point deduction!

If that is what we are facing then we are screwed.
Posted by: forza ivano, October 10, 2020, 8:20pm; Reply: 1
Wtf????
Posted by: always grimsby, October 10, 2020, 8:21pm; Reply: 2
We now have the postponed games rearranged so sleep well we won’t get deducted !!
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, October 10, 2020, 8:27pm; Reply: 3
15 points deduction for looking after both sets of players. Well bring it on . Pathetic.
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 10, 2020, 8:34pm; Reply: 4
If that’s true it’s allows comforting to know that the EFL always has the best interest of their clubs at heart.
Posted by: Mikey_345, October 10, 2020, 8:35pm; Reply: 5
Good luck trying to deduct any points from teams postponing due to covid cases.

Pretty sure the EFL would have court cases coming at them from left right and centre.

Government rules are very clear, still don’t know why the EFL think they have the right to make their own up.
Posted by: golfer, October 10, 2020, 8:38pm; Reply: 6
If the virus carries on we could win the league with 1 point.
Posted by: Poojah, October 10, 2020, 8:39pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mikey_345
Good luck trying to deduct any points from teams postponing due to covid cases.

Pretty sure the EFL would have court cases coming at them from left right and centre.

Government rules are very clear, still don’t know why the EFL think they have the right to make there own up.

Indeed. We followed NHS guidelines, it’s as simple as that. The EFL, the shìthouses that they are, will not dare trigger the PR disaster that any points deduction would inevitably being.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 10, 2020, 8:57pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Poojah

Indeed. We followed NHS guidelines, it’s as simple as that. The EFL, the shìthouses that they are, will not dare trigger the PR disaster that any points deduction would inevitably being.

I’m nit so confident. I think you may be overestimating the FL’s competence.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 10, 2020, 9:06pm; Reply: 9
If they issue points deductions then clubs are just going to start lying, assuming some aren't already.
Posted by: Croxton, October 10, 2020, 9:38pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I’m nit so confident. I think you may be overestimating the FL’s competence.

Good Moaning!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGNVU5ZjlgA
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 10, 2020, 10:27pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Croxton

Whoops!
Posted by: Boris Johnson, October 10, 2020, 10:35pm; Reply: 12
15 points...who said that?  Thats what you get for going into admin...

sympathise, but lets not make things up...
Posted by: Teesknees, October 10, 2020, 10:47pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Boris Johnson
15 points...who said that?  Thats what you get for going into admin...

sympathise, but lets not make things up...

From the Tranmere web site....

The Club would be able to field a team but only by playing players out of position and fielding youth players. We also were unable to name seven players on the bench this afternoon.

Given the situation, the Club spoke to the EFL regarding whether it would be possible to postpone the match. We were informed that if we did so there would be a formal investigation, as would happen in the case of any failure to fulfil a fixture. We were also informed that as there was no medical advice that it was unsafe to play, there was no guarantee that the Club would not suffer a deduction of up to 15 points as a consequence. This was not a risk we felt prepared to take.

Don't be so quick to judge!
Posted by: moosey_club, October 10, 2020, 11:29pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from golfer
If the virus carries on we could win the league with 1 point.

We should maybe try that theory out, lose every remaining game by 6 or 7 goals, finish the season on 1 point , -250 goal difference but get promoted  ;D
Posted by: Boris Johnson, October 11, 2020, 12:12am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Teesknees

From the Tranmere web site....

The Club would be able to field a team but only by playing players out of position and fielding youth players. We also were unable to name seven players on the bench this afternoon.

Given the situation, the Club spoke to the EFL regarding whether it would be possible to postpone the match. We were informed that if we did so there would be a formal investigation, as would happen in the case of any failure to fulfil a fixture. We were also informed that as there was no medical advice that it was unsafe to play, there was no guarantee that the Club would not suffer a deduction of up to 15 points as a consequence. This was not a risk we felt prepared to take.

Don't be so quick to judge!

it says up to 15 points.....Bolton got 5 points suspended for 2 games...I find it beggars belief that a club would be docked more points for failing to make one fixture...than a club going into admin....I maintain its balderdash.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, October 11, 2020, 12:30am; Reply: 16
Its total nonsense, they should have called the EFL bluff
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 11, 2020, 11:34am; Reply: 17
As I said yesterday demonstrates that EFL is totally inept in its management of Covid and the protocols to follow in the event that a club has a player testing positive. It matters to them one jot that the current approach not only places people at risk but also removes the ability of holding a fair competitive league where fixtures are played on a level playing field ( no jokes about our humps being removed please).
Posted by: Mariner16, October 12, 2020, 11:32pm; Reply: 18
Interesting to see in Tranmeres reply to the EFL that they were told that those clubs who called games off with covid incidents could with medical advice saying it was unsafe.

Us?

Only other club is Crewe, their player travelled down to Oxford?
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 12, 2020, 11:54pm; Reply: 19

As I understand it any sanctions are nothing to do with the EFL, they are decided by an independent disciplinary commission.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2019-11-22/efl-to-appeal-lenient-sanctions-against-bolton-wanderers
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 13, 2020, 1:36pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Mariner16
Interesting to see in Tranmeres reply to the EFL that they were told that those clubs who called games off with covid incidents could with medical advice saying it was unsafe.

Us?

Only other club is Crewe, their player travelled down to Oxford?

The Crewe player, Beccles former Shrewsbury player, also played seven days later in Crewe’s next league game another matter being investigated. Stable door and horse bolting comes to mind and as I have said on other threads demonstrate a total lack of defined protocols for clubs and players to follow.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 13, 2020, 10:36pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

The Crewe player, Beccles former Shrewsbury player, also played seven days later in Crewe’s next league game another matter being investigated. Stable door and horse bolting comes to mind and as I have said on other threads demonstrate a total lack of defined protocols for clubs and players to follow.

You can imagine the government and its scientific advisers discussing whether to allow spectators back in football grounds. It wouldn't be a long debate.

"Not with that shower at the EFL in charge. No governance. Next item on the agenda...."
Print page generated: May 24, 2024, 3:05am