Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: male private Nale, September 22, 2020, 8:24pm
Along with 2 other players have tested positive for Covid yet the game still went ahead. All are asymptomatic... Does anybody actually know the rules about being in contact with people and who now has to self isolate?  I am none the wiser after all the government spiel, though it appears if you work with someone who gets it you don't have to self isolate and can carry on working.

Posted by: Stadium, September 22, 2020, 8:50pm; Reply: 1
BBC:

Public Health England guidelines state those with Covid-19 should self-isolate for at least 10 days, meaning Moyes, Diop and Cullen will not be able to attend training or the league game against Wolverhampton Wanderers on 27 September.

BBC Radio 5 Live's John Southall said the trio travelled to the ground with the squad in two or three separate coaches.

"They say they all social distanced, the squad, from when they met up and throughout the journey," he said.

"As soon as they arrived, the results from the tests done yesterday came through and the two players and the manager were isolated immediately in separate rooms and left the ground very quickly, I'm told.

"West Ham say they are satisfied nobody else in the squad needs to self-isolate and that is why the game went ahead."
Posted by: Sammo, September 22, 2020, 8:53pm; Reply: 2
Colleague of mine went off with symptoms and we have been told a positive result does not mean we have to isolate even though we are in the same office and have come into close contact.
Posted by: Stadium, September 22, 2020, 9:02pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Sammo
Colleague of mine went off with symptoms and we have been told a positive result does not mean we have to isolate even though we are in the same office and have come into close contact.

Contacts defined here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person/guidance-for-contacts-of-people-with-possible-or-confirmed-coronavirus-covid-19-infection-who-do-not-live-with-the-person#what-is-meant-by-a-contact
Posted by: Sammo, September 22, 2020, 10:10pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Stadium

Cheers, I think my work are making it up as they go along.
Posted by: Humbercod, September 22, 2020, 10:17pm; Reply: 5
See West Ham had a good result must be the Moyes effect of not being there. ;D
Posted by: male private Nale, September 22, 2020, 10:20pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Sammo

Cheers, I think my work are making it up as they go along.

I think so too are the government and their advisors
Posted by: moosey_club, September 22, 2020, 10:21pm; Reply: 7
Will West Ham face a fine or any action ?  I fking doubt it.

"West Ham say they are satisfied nobody else in the squad needs to self-isolate and that is why the game went ahead " .... oh thats ok then. Maybe when a high profile player/ manager snuffs it they will forget about the cash cow....but i doubt it.

Sounds to me like they are bending the rules but what do i know ? Seems the Premier League is above the law and the guidance that we all have to follow. They still jump all over each when they score a goal...cant remember seeing that being ok in any government, department of health , or FA guidance.  
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 8:42am