Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 12, 2020, 1:04pm

After all the problems some including me have had with it I thought it was worth a thread of it's own.

Just paid £10 for the today's game, here's hoping it's the right one this time and not the next game.

Posted by: GTFCH, September 12, 2020, 1:17pm; Reply: 1
Any idea how we can get Ifollow onto a TV??
Posted by: LondonMariner43, September 12, 2020, 1:23pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from GTFCH
Any idea how we can get Ifollow onto a TV??

If you have a laptop with HDMI connection and a TV with one and a HDMI cable, that is one way to do it

Posted by: cardiffmariner, September 12, 2020, 1:23pm; Reply: 3
You can try and buy it by using the browser on your tv. Mine wouldn’t let me as it doesn’t trust the payment page for some reason. The other option is an hdmi cable from your laptop to your tv. This is what I’ve done (got the cable off amazon) and it works well.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, September 12, 2020, 1:26pm; Reply: 4
I play the match in my phone and then either connect to the TV with a USB cable or just screen mirroring. Very straight forward.
Posted by: MarinerDevil, September 12, 2020, 1:27pm; Reply: 5
If you have Chromecast / Android TV, you can wirelessly cast your mobile device's screen to your TV.  Quality's a bit ropey though.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 12, 2020, 1:28pm; Reply: 6

Same here, HDMI cable from a laptop to the TV.

Just remember to change the source setting on your TV to the port you have put the cable into, usually HDMI 1 or 2 if that makes sense.
Posted by: marinerrick, September 12, 2020, 1:32pm; Reply: 7
I've just watched ifollow videos on xbox one, they worked. So I'm assuming match pass will work too.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 12, 2020, 1:42pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from marinerrick
I've just watched ifollow videos on xbox one, they worked. So I'm assuming match pass will work too.

Let us know if it does mate
Posted by: marinerrick, September 12, 2020, 1:46pm; Reply: 9
Someone with more technical knowledge than me may be able to confirm if ifollow videos work surely match will too
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 12, 2020, 2:15pm; Reply: 10
I know nothing but I have watched many a town game by using the HDMI cable from computer into telly.

If I can do it anybody can.   :)
Posted by: lee65, September 12, 2020, 2:44pm; Reply: 11
Up and running on my iPad, good picture quality so far
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 12, 2020, 2:47pm; Reply: 12
First time I’ve used it and I’m impressed so far, was nervous given the slating it got previously.
Posted by: mimma, September 12, 2020, 2:49pm; Reply: 13
Picture quality seems better, so maybe the quality issue is with the equipment used at Blundell Park rather than Ifollow.
Posted by: Blue Mariner, September 12, 2020, 2:53pm; Reply: 14
Laptop casting to my TV using a Chromecast.  Quality looks spot on so far - nothing like the crap from BP a week ago.
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 12, 2020, 2:56pm; Reply: 15
As a novice, I’m guessing our own commentators are on when it kicks off?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 12, 2020, 2:58pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from pontoonlew

Bottom right hand of your screen you'll see the settings icon(looks like a wheel/cog) click on that, click audio and switch to away, that'll give you Humberside commentary
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 12, 2020, 2:59pm; Reply: 17
I've got absolutely nothing so far, just buffering and a blank screen.  Other tabs on my Chrome are working which would suggest my signal is fine.  I really hate this sort of thing.......
Posted by: LH, September 12, 2020, 2:59pm; Reply: 18
The quality is a big improvement on last week for anyone who didn’t see it last week. Hope it continues.
Posted by: LH, September 12, 2020, 3:01pm; Reply: 19
And just as I say that it drops off!9
Posted by: Dan, September 12, 2020, 3:02pm; Reply: 20
You have to disable ad block for some reason (if you use it)
Posted by: oochiad, September 12, 2020, 3:03pm; Reply: 21
Northbank mariner, thank you so much for the change of commentary tip! UTM!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, September 12, 2020, 3:04pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from pontoonlew

I’ve got the Walsall commentators too

Is there an option to change to JT or aren’t RH covering it?
Posted by: BenBB, September 12, 2020, 3:04pm; Reply: 23
Not a very good view angle for the camera, can see the gantry and Walsall's camera man at times. 😂
Posted by: Blue Mariner, September 12, 2020, 3:05pm; Reply: 24
WTAF is that camera position?  Obstructed by the stand when the ball comes close!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, September 12, 2020, 3:06pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Bottom right hand of your screen you'll see the settings icon(looks like a wheel/cog) click on that, click audio and switch to away, that'll give you Humberside commentary

Cheers NBM

I’d never have guessed that
Posted by: ginnywings, September 12, 2020, 3:07pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Heisenberg
I've got absolutely nothing so far, just buffering and a blank screen.  Other tabs on my Chrome are working which would suggest my signal is fine.  I really hate this sort of thing.......

I can never get it to work properly on Chrome, so i log on to it through Edge, which i only use for ifollow. Maybe something to do with cookies and adblockers on Chrome.
Posted by: Sammo, September 12, 2020, 3:09pm; Reply: 27
Using my wife's laptop to cast it to my tv via chromecast must say my first impressions of ifollow are very positive, apart from the update that Hull are winning.
Posted by: BenBB, September 12, 2020, 3:14pm; Reply: 28
Annoying putting the sponsor cards in the top right during the match.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 12, 2020, 3:15pm; Reply: 29
Our goal is shrouded in darkness
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 12, 2020, 3:23pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Fantastic tip, thank god I got rid of those brummies making Walsall out to be Bayern!
Posted by: psgmariner, September 12, 2020, 3:26pm; Reply: 31
doesnt work on chrome on my laptop so watching on my phone
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, September 12, 2020, 3:28pm; Reply: 32
25 minutes in and I havnt managed to get it to work on phone or laptop on 3 different browsers yet, Worked fine last week??
Posted by: psgmariner, September 12, 2020, 3:29pm; Reply: 33
Edge works for me. Chrome doesn’t. iPhone worked perfectly edge on laptop is hit and miss.
Posted by: Ruston AT, September 12, 2020, 3:30pm; Reply: 34
Sorry but who's commentating with JT?
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 12, 2020, 3:32pm; Reply: 35
I know it’s a bit late for today but, can it go direct,somehow, to the telly or does it have to go through A laptop/ computer with a HDIM, or whatever cable. Please answer in layman’s language as I am a complete novice with all this tech stuff.
Posted by: Heisenberg, September 12, 2020, 3:34pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Ruston AT
Sorry but who's commentating with JT?

Someone with a very weak, high pitched voice....
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 12, 2020, 3:36pm; Reply: 37

I couldn't get watch the game, just got a spinning white circle on a black background so clicked on the commentary and then tried watch the game again and it worked, only missed the first 15 mins this week, better than the last game (thumbup)
Posted by: grimps, September 12, 2020, 3:36pm; Reply: 38
Ive just managed to switch commentary thank god
They Walsall commentators were saying its been all Walsall even though the last ten minutes it was all Town
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, September 12, 2020, 3:41pm; Reply: 39
The tardis has started
Posted by: GrimRob, September 12, 2020, 3:41pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Gaffer58
I know it’s a bit late for today but, can it go direct,somehow, to the telly or does it have to go through A laptop/ computer with a HDIM, or whatever cable. Please answer in layman’s language as I am a complete novice with all this tech stuff.

If you use a laptop and an HDMI cable you can basically see anything on the laptop screen on the TV (or even both). Don't wait until 5 mins before the game to try it out. You can literally do it at any time but just need the cable which costs a couple of quid, make sure it's long enough. There are other ways but that's the simplest IMHO and doesn't involve installing anything.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, September 12, 2020, 3:45pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from promotion plaice

I couldn't get watch the game, just got a spinning white circle on a black background so clicked on the commentary and then tried watch the game again and it worked, only missed the first 15 mins this week, better than the last game (thumbup)

No such luck for me, like I said it worked fine last week no idea what the issue is this week, fuming
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 12, 2020, 3:46pm; Reply: 42
Thanks Grimrob but, I have a smart tv, it’s a lot smarter then me, so can I get it direct onto it?
Posted by: carrot top, September 12, 2020, 3:50pm; Reply: 43
Has everything gone down
Posted by: Davec, September 12, 2020, 3:53pm; Reply: 44
decent picture for me, no issues at all, just like last week, who is the co-commentator
Posted by: GrimRob, September 12, 2020, 3:58pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Gaffer58
Thanks Grimrob but, I have a smart tv, it’s a lot smarter then me, so can I get it direct onto it?

Yes, what I'd do is google screen mirroring/wireless projection and your TV brand and read or watch how to set it up. Personally I use a firestick to go down that route and watch it in the living room. But how exactly to do it depends on your tv and phone/laptop brand and operating system.

Spend an hour sussing it out and it's job done for the season!
Posted by: Ruston AT, September 12, 2020, 4:12pm; Reply: 46
Squeaky voice is John ward
Posted by: Garth, September 12, 2020, 6:02pm; Reply: 47
Who's he, regarding Town
Posted by: Mariner56, September 12, 2020, 6:07pm; Reply: 48
https://thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8316136
Posted by: pen penfras, September 12, 2020, 7:28pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Gaffer58

There's a web browser on your tv and you can go to the website through that and then play it through there. It's a right pain navigating websites on a tv though, unless you have something like magic remote that is made for it. I just connect using a cable because the faff of using the browser isn't worth it.
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 12, 2020, 8:13pm; Reply: 50
Thanks for the advice everyone, think I’ll ask my mate Bill Gates to pop round and set it up, he’s quite good with techie stuff.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 13, 2020, 10:16am; Reply: 51
All of you that have had problems getting iFollow on your TV's I suggest you spend this week trying to watch the free videos on iFollow. Apart from paying it is exactly the same as watching a live match. If you manage to watch them on your TV then you should be OK for next weeks live game.
Posted by: Grimal, September 13, 2020, 12:14pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from Gaffer58
Thanks for the advice everyone, think I’ll ask my mate Bill Gates to pop round and set it up, he’s quite good with techie stuff.

And whilst he's there get him to hold on to the live wires. That will do us all a favour.
(focus)(roulette)(fallenangel)
Posted by: MrFisherman, September 14, 2020, 1:56pm; Reply: 53
You can't put ifollow straight onto your Smart TV

You have to screen mirror it onto the TV either using Chromecast or Miracast or use a cable!!!
Posted by: MrFisherman, September 14, 2020, 1:56pm; Reply: 54

You have to screen mirror it onto the TV either using Chromecast or Miracast or use a cable!!!
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 14, 2020, 2:36pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from MrFisherman

Yes you can my friend, you can access it via the GTFC website on your TVs web browser, sign in and away you go, it's how I watch all the games..
Posted by: Henryscat, September 14, 2020, 3:24pm; Reply: 56
No point starting a new thread but has anyone had any luck with a firestick using the silk browser?

I’ve read some other forums (Barnsley I think) that suggest it’s possible
Posted by: pen penfras, September 14, 2020, 3:46pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Henryscat
No point starting a new thread but has anyone had any luck with a firestick using the silk browser?

I’ve read some other forums (Barnsley I think) that suggest it’s possible

Try watching one of the freeview videos this week. If they play, then it will work.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 14, 2020, 10:54pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Grimal

And whilst he's there get him to hold on to the live wires. That will do us all a favour.
(focus)(roulette)(fallenangel)

Didn’t know you were a Town fan Mr President
Posted by: sam gy, September 15, 2020, 8:00am; Reply: 59
Every time I’ve used iFollow it’s worked fine tbh. Laptop to tv via a hdmi cable....simple.
Posted by: Mallyner, September 15, 2020, 9:41am; Reply: 60
Apart from the result, I enjoyed being able to watch the game and although there were a couple of minutes when Daleks took over the commentary, the reception etc was excellent on my laptop.

Having spent many matches in the Upper Findus, when the shipping in the River was more interesting than the game, I couldn't help notice at times how busy the M6 was behind one of the goal ends.

And how many truck drivers were working, to keep us stocked up with the necessities and even luxuries of life. Ordinary people like us, who we sometimes curse, when they take 10 miles to overtake another truck on motorways, but have kept going during the crisis and deserve a lot of credit.  :)
Print page generated: May 24, 2024, 12:06am