Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 11, 2020, 6:26pm

Hehe.....

The Shetland Islands Council has voted overwhelmingly in favour of looking into ways of obtaining financial and political independence from Scotland.

8) 8) 8)
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 12, 2020, 2:23pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

Hehe.....

The Shetland Islands Council has voted overwhelmingly in favour of looking into ways of obtaining financial and political independence from Scotland.

8) 8) 8)

I would vote for that    ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, September 12, 2020, 2:33pm; Reply: 2
We plan to go to the Shetlands next year. Will be interesting to get the local view.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 12, 2020, 2:57pm; Reply: 3
I’ve got a lot of family who live on Shetland (Mid Yell & Lerwick) my dad lived up there for 33 years, he’s buried on Shetland (Lerwick) it’s a wonderful place to visit especially in the summer months, if your going on the ferry it’s a lovely sail (unless it’s a force 9 like I was in once 😉) If you’re flying Sumburgh can be a little daunting with it being near the cliffs. I’d move to Shetland tomorrow if they had a railway (transfer) but unfortunately they haven’t, it’s clean, friendly and plenty of places to see, it’s very family orientated.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 12, 2020, 4:46pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I’ve got a lot of family who live on Shetland (Mid Yell & Lerwick) my dad lived up there for 33 years, he’s buried on Shetland (Lerwick) it’s a wonderful place to visit especially in the summer months, if your going on the ferry it’s a lovely sail (unless it’s a force 9 like I was in once 😉) If you’re flying Sumburgh can be a little daunting with it being near the cliffs. I’d move to Shetland tomorrow if they had a railway (transfer) but unfortunately they haven’t, it’s clean, friendly and plenty of places to see, it’s very family orientated.

Good info there Chris. We will be going on t'ferry with our campervan and will probably time it for when the folk festival is on, if they have one in 2021. This years was cancelled.
Print page generated: May 13, 2024, 8:02pm