Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 8, 2020, 6:21pm
The St Ledger meeting is going ahead tomorrow with over 20,000 racegoers expected there over the next 4 days.  This has been allowed by the Government.
Posted by: Meza, September 8, 2020, 6:25pm; Reply: 1
because they probably own horses etc
Posted by: pontoonlew, September 8, 2020, 6:26pm; Reply: 2
Because it’s a test event within a huge open area at a massively reduced capacity. If you want to stay in for the rest of your life then absolutely nobody is stopping you.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), September 8, 2020, 7:09pm; Reply: 3
And after the races when a few thousand inebriated racegoers head into Doncaster to carry on drinking......
Posted by: mimma, September 8, 2020, 7:13pm; Reply: 4
Donny is a bus ride from Bradford and Leeds  where there are big spikes in cases,

It doesn't make sense to me.
Posted by: toontown, September 8, 2020, 7:39pm; Reply: 5
It's a monitored test event with limited capacity. Germany and other countries have had them too.

It's to help figure out what can be done and what can't sports event wise before venues open up more widely (assuming it goes well). We've got to try and figure out what parts of our lives we can get on with, with restricted capacity and social distancing.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 8, 2020, 8:19pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from 123614
The St Ledger meeting is going ahead tomorrow with over 20,000 racegoers expected there over the next 4 days.  This has been allowed by the Government.

Sport of Kings apparently.......
Posted by: Sigone, September 9, 2020, 1:29pm; Reply: 7
They've just reversed the decision due to local outbreaks.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 9, 2020, 1:45pm; Reply: 8
yet they are allowing it today.... flipping stupid
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, September 9, 2020, 1:47pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Sigone
They've just reversed the decision due to local outbreaks.

closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.....
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 9, 2020, 2:01pm; Reply: 10
The public we’re happy with the decision. But not furlong
Posted by: Garth, September 9, 2020, 3:42pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.....

Neigh lad!
Posted by: golfer, September 10, 2020, 8:00am; Reply: 12
Quoted from mimma
Donny is a bus ride from Bradford and Leeds  where there are big spikes in cases,

It doesn't make sense to me.

What do Leeds, Bradford,Oldham, Bolton, Leicester have in common - pretty obvious to me
Posted by: Henryscat, September 10, 2020, 8:18am; Reply: 13
Dominic Cumming’s friend Dido Harding is a steward of the jockey club who obviously will make money from allowing it (as they did with Cheltenham)

Yes, that’s the same Dido Harding who was in charge of the failed track and trace app and will also head the new public health body.

As an aside, just in case you’re worried about cronyism, the cabinet minister in charge of anti-corruption is (wait for it) John Penrose who also happens to be Dido Harding’s husband. John Penrose also happens to be a member of a think tank that wishes to privatise the NHS.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 10, 2020, 8:46am; Reply: 14
Quoted from golfer

What do Leeds, Bradford,Oldham, Bolton, Leicester have in common - pretty obvious to me

No I don’t know ... go on explain lol lol
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, September 10, 2020, 1:05pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Henryscat
Dominic Cumming’s friend Dido Harding is a steward of the jockey club who obviously will make money from allowing it (as they did with Cheltenham)

Yes, that’s the same Dido Harding who was in charge of the failed track and trace app and will also head the new public health body.

As an aside, just in case you’re worried about cronyism, the cabinet minister in charge of anti-corruption is (wait for it) John Penrose who also happens to be Dido Harding’s husband. John Penrose also happens to be a member of a think tank that wishes to privatise the NHS.

You missed out that Matt Hancock is her MP and a friend. He's the MP for Newmarket. But being the MP for a town that's built on horse racing won't influence his thinking.......

And she was the CEO of the mobile phone company who had a massive data leak and gave out the details of huge numbers of customers (I can't recall the company)

And Finally, she has never been elected to her positions. But we left the EU because we were being controlled by unelected bureaucrats.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, September 10, 2020, 1:07pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

No I don’t know ... go on explain lol lol

Sadly declined industrial histories? A park named after a councillor? Enlighten us......
Posted by: forza ivano, September 10, 2020, 2:59pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from golfer

They've all got professional football teams that have played in the Premiership?

Nailed it!👍
Posted by: golfer, September 10, 2020, 3:16pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from forza ivano

They've all got professional football teams that have played in the Premiership?

Nailed it!👍

Congratulations to Forza ( it's a football forum )
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, September 10, 2020, 3:22pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from forza ivano

Nailed it!👍

Nice one Forza! A lot of people forget Oldham were founder members of the Premier League. The benefits of a plastic pitch eh?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 10, 2020, 3:28pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from golfer

The German philosopher Juergen stöpfel Von Edwards wrote A chapter of his book, ‘the history of big knockers’, in Each of these places
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 9:43am