Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimps, August 23, 2020, 5:31pm
I’ve just been watching the Justin Fashanu documentary on Netflix and was wondering if I ever saw him play .
I checked out his Wiki page and he played for Leyton Orient in the 1990 season and was wondering if he played in the games Against Town that year ?
He only played 5 games for them but I couldn’t find out which 5 .
I know I saw his brother John play against Town in the Wimbledon game
Posted by: Rick12, August 23, 2020, 5:39pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from grimps
I’ve just been watching the Justin Fashanu documentary on Netflix and was wondering if I ever saw him play .
I checked out his Wiki page and he played for Leyton Orient in the 1990 season and was wondering if he played in the games Against Town that year ?
He only played 5 games for them but I couldn’t find out which 5 .
I know I saw his brother John play against Town in the Wimbledon game
So sad what happened to him.Of topic slightly but I read that the reason why he committed suicide was some person who he was meant to have had homosexual  sexual activity with accused him of something he hadn't done.Took his own life because he felt he wouldn't get a fair trial as he was gay  . This may or may not have been on the netflix documentary which I haven't seen?
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, August 23, 2020, 5:46pm; Reply: 2
Yes we played against him in 1984-85when he was at Notts County . He definitely scored in a 1-1 draw at their place, but we played them in the FA Cup that season too, so three games in total.
Posted by: livosnose, August 23, 2020, 6:06pm; Reply: 3
Awooooga ! Sorry that was John .
Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 23, 2020, 6:53pm; Reply: 4
Funny story about Justin Fashanu. Cloughie signed him for £1m but quickly realised he wasn’t good enough for Forest. Cloughie told him he had no future at Forest and he went away to consider what Cloughie had said.

He went back to Cloughie a few days later and told him “I’ve thought about what you said and I’ve spoken to God and he thinks I should stay and fight for my place.”

Cloughie replies “unfortunately there’s only one god in Nottingham and he thinks you should f**k off to Notts County.”

He joined Notts County for £100,000 a few days later.
Posted by: Rick12, August 23, 2020, 7:07pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Funny story about Justin Fashanu. Cloughie signed him for £1m but quickly realised he wasn’t good enough for Forest. Cloughie told him he had no future at Forest and he went away to consider what Cloughie had said.

He went back to Cloughie a few days later and told him “I’ve thought about what you said and I’ve spoken to God and he thinks I should stay and fight for my place.”

Cloughie replies “unfortunately there’s only one god in Nottingham and he thinks you should f**k off to Notts County.”

He joined Notts County for £100,000 a few days later.
I saw a video where Clough was meant to have been homophobic to Fashanu and thats a main reason why he didnt play him?.

Posted by: jock dock tower, August 23, 2020, 9:48pm; Reply: 6
He had MOTD's goal of the season when playing for Norwich in the 1980.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wk34X94Whk
Posted by: Poojah, August 23, 2020, 10:36pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from jock dock tower

I’ve seen that before, even though it’s a few years before my time, but that’s a fúcking brilliant goal.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 24, 2020, 2:07pm; Reply: 8
John Fashanu is a total 🔔 🔚

Plays the race/god card wherever he can. Disowned his brother when he ‘came out’ from what I recall and just comes across as a right arrogant sharp object
Posted by: Mayaman, August 24, 2020, 3:02pm; Reply: 9

I remember that game.  Was a bout 5-3 to Liverpool.  I think supersub Fairclough came and did wonders. Fashanu's goal was top drawer and I loved his muted celebration.
Posted by: Mayaman, August 24, 2020, 3:04pm; Reply: 10
It's a shame.  Such a waste of talent because a lot of men weren't 'man' enough to accept him as he was.
Posted by: White_shorts, August 24, 2020, 3:33pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Plays the race/god card wherever he can. Disowned his brother when he ‘came out’ from what I recall and just comes across as a right arrogant sharp object

You will probably enjoy this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5t0tdjiHaQ

Posted by: grimsby pete, August 24, 2020, 5:17pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I bet you would not say that to his face Woz  .

He has a black belt but is still a sharp object.

And no I would not say that to his face either.

BUT

I would tell him you said it.  :( :( ;D

That was a joke !!!!!!
Posted by: Youngy, August 24, 2020, 5:39pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Rick12
I saw a video where Clough was meant to have been homophobic to Fashanu and thats a main reason why he didnt play him?.

Cloughie says in his autobiography that one of his only regrets is the way he treated Justin.

He bought Justin into his office when he had heard rumours that Justin was gay

Cloughie: If you need meat Justin, where should you go?
Justin: Butcher boss?
Cloughie: Right, what if you need bread?
Justin: Baker?
Cloughie: Correct, so why do you keep going to them gay bars?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 24, 2020, 6:08pm; Reply: 14

And still remains one of my favorites to this day, very sad store in reality.  
Posted by: Rick12, August 25, 2020, 7:20am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Youngy

Cloughie says in his autobiography that one of his only regrets is the way he treated Justin.

He bought Justin into his office when he had heard rumours that Justin was gay

Cloughie: If you need meat Justin, where should you go?
Justin: Butcher boss?
Cloughie: Right, what if you need bread?
Justin: Baker?
Cloughie: Correct, so why do you keep going to them gay bars?
Yes I heard that exact same quote from the video documentary I expressed in my earlier post.

At least Clough showed remorse though.
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 5:04pm