Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, June 3, 2020, 3:50pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52842303

Just wondered wondered what the anti-immigration Brexiteers on here think about this?
Posted by: aldi_01, June 3, 2020, 4:03pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Just wondered wondered what the anti-immigration Brexiteers on here think about this?

Still looking for Rhodesia and Ceylon...
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 3, 2020, 4:14pm; Reply: 2
I don't see a problem I mean we are building 3 million new houses a year, the NHS has so much capacity available, hospitals are just about empty of patients and in a few months time we will have 100% employment no one will be out of work.

Bring them in.
Posted by: Ipswin, June 3, 2020, 4:16pm; Reply: 3

They're only bothered about EU citizens from Eastern Europe anyway Hong Kong citizens are British and as entitled as anyone IMO and more entitled than some
Posted by: golfer, June 3, 2020, 4:22pm; Reply: 4
We are only doing it so that we can give that French-Dutch company workers in Poland a chance to earn a crust printing the passports
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), June 3, 2020, 4:43pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from arryarryarry
I don't see a problem I mean we are building 3 million new houses a year, the NHS has so much capacity available, hospitals are just about empty of patients and in a few months time we will have 100% employment no one will be out of work.

Bring them in.

See your appy with cummings then Harry.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, June 3, 2020, 4:52pm; Reply: 6
I think the question that needs to be asked is can they do a job at this level?
Posted by: GrimRob, June 3, 2020, 5:52pm; Reply: 7
Needs a referendum.
Posted by: Civvy at last, June 3, 2020, 8:05pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from GrimRob
Needs a referendum.

What it needs Rob is moving to the non footy. Along with the rest of the political sh1te in this section.

Unless of course you need the clicks ? !!!
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, June 3, 2020, 8:20pm; Reply: 9
Think we have enough footy things to deal with on a footy website without concerning ourselves about politics.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, June 3, 2020, 10:29pm; Reply: 10
Move them when the footy is back (For Grimsby that is).
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 3, 2020, 10:35pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from 140067

See your appy with cummings then Harry.

I haven't a clue what you are on about.
Posted by: monkeyboy, June 4, 2020, 10:09am; Reply: 12
I’m a big time brexiteer and would welcome the people of Hong Kong. They integrate just fine into our society and are mostly law abiding respectful folk.
They integrate better than some from other countries that’s for sure.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, June 4, 2020, 12:40pm; Reply: 13
So EU immigration = bad and Hong Kong immigration = good?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, June 4, 2020, 4:37pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from monkeyboy
I’m a big time brexiteer and would welcome the people of Hong Kong. They integrate just fine into our society and are mostly law abiding respectful folk.
They integrate better than some from other countries that’s for sure.

Nothing like lazy stereotyping on a Thursday afternoon is there?
Posted by: monkeyboy, June 4, 2020, 10:03pm; Reply: 15
Stereo typing?? Pot kettle. The brexiteer dig earlier would be fine stereotyping
Posted by: LH, June 5, 2020, 12:03am; Reply: 16
The Europeans I know (former colleagues, in-laws) are the hardest working people I’ve met. Not sure Europeans are who you’re focusing on though here Monkey Boy.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 5, 2020, 8:59am; Reply: 17
Hong Kong is a former British colony, so it's ok to let three million of them in because you know, they are just like us.  ::)

Every single one of them honest, hard working citizens, who won't put any strain whatsoever on our resources like those pesky, task dodging, lazy Europeans.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, June 5, 2020, 9:13am; Reply: 18
Quoted from ginnywings
Hong Kong is a former British colony, so it's ok to let three million of them in because you know, they are just like us.  ::)

Every single one of them honest, hard working citizens, who won't put any strain whatsoever on our resources like those pesky, task dodging, lazy Europeans.

tax dodging is the correct term.  
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, June 5, 2020, 1:18pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Boris Johnson

tax dodging is the correct term.  

Not according to this - https://www.oxfordeconomics.com/recent-releases/8747673d-3b26-439b-9693-0e250df6dbba
Posted by: malkamalka, June 5, 2020, 7:50pm; Reply: 20
They're only being allowed in because the traditional EU Vegetable and fruit pickers are refusing to come back to Racist Britain.

Posted by: arryarryarry, June 7, 2020, 12:52am; Reply: 21

I thought all the lefties and remainers were telling us all through the referendum and since, they are all doing low paid jobs?
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, June 7, 2020, 10:14am; Reply: 22
Not that I recall, though I'd say that it is true that a lot were/are. I think you are attempting to deflect, you know fine well that Farage/UKIP made EU immigration a central issue and that remainers pointed out that it was the government who should have been blamed for the lack of investment (despite all the extra tax income from immigrants), which was causing the strain on public services.

None of you will ever admit it, but you were done up like a kipper. I see in the news today that the predicted fall in food standards predicted by labour (and strongly denied by brexiteers) is now quite likely - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jun/06/uk-accused-u-turn-animal-welfare-us-trade-talks
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 8, 2020, 11:05pm; Reply: 23
Not that I recall, though I'd say that it is true that a lot were/are. I think you are attempting to deflect, you know fine well that Farage/UKIP made EU immigration a central issue and that remainers pointed out that it was the government who should have been blamed for the lack of investment (despite all the extra tax income from immigrants), which was causing the strain on public services.

None of you will ever admit it, but you were done up like a kipper. I see in the news today that the predicted fall in food standards predicted by labour (and strongly denied by brexiteers) is now quite likely - https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jun/06/uk-accused-u-turn-animal-welfare-us-trade-talks

I'm not deflecting anything sunshine, I voted to leave the EU for several reasons including giving the country back its powers to control immigration.

If you want lies then look up how many Eastern European migrants were expected to come into the UK when Tony Blair opened the floodgates around 15,000 they said then 500,000 came in now it's several million. You obviously ignore the pressures on the NHS and housing or do you think they never visit the doctor and all live in tents?
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, June 9, 2020, 8:30am; Reply: 24
Quoted from arryarryarry
You obviously ignore the pressures on the NHS and housing or do you think they never visit the doctor and all live in tents?

The point is "sunshine" that they were bringing in extra tax revenues that could have paid for more doctors and housing but the tory's chose not to do so.

Knowing that a lot of brexiteers voted for brexit because of immigration, the point of me starting this thread was to highlight the fact that the torys have been quite quick to ignore voters wishes and potentially allow in 3M in from Hong Kong.

And while we are at it, it was the the Tory's who signed the Maastricht treaty not Labour.
Posted by: barralad, June 10, 2020, 6:39pm; Reply: 25

The point is "sunshine" that they were bringing in extra tax revenues that could have paid for more doctors and housing but the tory's chose not to do so.

Knowing that a lot of brexiteers voted for brexit because of immigration, the point of me starting this thread was to highlight the fact that the torys have been quite quick to ignore voters wishes and potentially allow in 3M in from Hong Kong.

And while we are at it, it was the the Tory's who signed the Maastricht treaty not Labour.

Sad individual that I am I watched the re-run of Election Night 97 on BBC Parliament. I'd forgotten how much support there was in the 92-97 Tory government for Europe and one of the reasons given for their hammering was that the public were quite happy with being in Europe and were fed up of the Tories fighting about it. It was Blair and Brown in 2000 who decided not to join the Euro because the conditions hadn't been met.
Posted by: monkeyboy, June 11, 2020, 6:20pm; Reply: 26
Nothing’s changed I’d still vote out. I suspect the losing side would easily still be on the losing side should there be another vote.
Not good looses these remainers and still trying to say us brexiteers are thick. Must be a majority thick people in this country then
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, June 11, 2020, 6:31pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from monkeyboy
Nothing’s changed I’d still vote out. I suspect the losing side would easily still be on the losing side should there be another vote.
Not good looses these remainers and still trying to say us brexiteers are thick. Must be a majority thick people in this country then

Is this post meant to be ironic?!
Posted by: Ipswin, June 12, 2020, 1:16pm; Reply: 28
I don't mind all these Hong Kong folk coming here at all so long as they integrate

Sadly, as proven professional protesters with little if any predilection for mob violence and criminal damage to public property, they are are going to struggle to fit in
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 13, 2020, 5:25pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from malkamalka
They're only being allowed in because the traditional EU Vegetable and fruit pickers are refusing to come back to Racist Britain.

Again someone who doesn't have a clue what the word racism means.
Posted by: arryarryarry, June 13, 2020, 5:30pm; Reply: 30

Some of the other countries in the EU delayed opening their doors to allow freedeom of movement to the newly joined Eastern European countries, it was Tony Blair that didn't.

https://theconversation.com/the-huge-political-cost-of-blairs-decision-to-allow-eastern-european-migrants-unfettered-access-to-britain-66077

Oh by the way, I'm no fan of the Tories either.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 9:37am