Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, March 22, 2020, 9:53pm
best bit of news I've heard in ages.That awful American hamburger chain are closing up. Every cloud has a silver lining. Just such a shame it's taken these circumstances for it to happen.at least the health of the nations kids will be improved overnight
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 22, 2020, 10:10pm; Reply: 1
Stupid comment.

Any food in excess is bad for anyone.

Eaten in moderation there is nothing wrong with some British or Irish beef.

Just because you don't like them.
Posted by: Rick12, March 23, 2020, 7:11am; Reply: 2
Quoted from forza ivano
best bit of news I've heard in ages.That awful American hamburger chain are closing up. Every cloud has a silver lining. Just such a shame it's taken these circumstances for it to happen.at least the health of the nations kids will be improved overnight
100%

Having  genetic stomach problems myself I cant eat that sort of food anyway.

I dont know if you have seen it but there was a interesting documentary a while back called super size me(2004). Person lived on this type of food for a month and the health effects were dire.Following the program McDonald's profits took a plunge and the company tried to make amends by making their food healthier .  I would advise my own children only it eat now and again eg once every 3 months .I would advise others to do the same.Doctors also say the roughly the same.Hence health is wealth.
Posted by: aldi_01, March 23, 2020, 7:22am; Reply: 3
Super size me is excellent but actually proved a catalyst for huge change at McDonald’s.

People can choose what they want, it isn’t McDonald’s that makes you overweight, it’s your choice to eat it, as proven in the film. They’re actually a good employer so mocking them for closing seems odd.

As has been proven before, some of their food is as healthy as food peddled in supermarkets to be healthy.

Perhaps the fact an organisation the size of McDonald’s shutting down may make people take this more seriously...its odd the power of corporate companies have...
Posted by: Ipswin, March 23, 2020, 7:26am; Reply: 4
Quoted from forza ivano
.at least the health of the nations kids will be improved overnight

All it will mean is that 50% of the nation's children will go hungry!

Posted by: Heisenberg, March 23, 2020, 7:30am; Reply: 5
Quoted from aldi_01
Super size me is excellent but actually proved a catalyst for huge change at McDonald’s.

People can choose what they want, it isn’t McDonald’s that makes you overweight, it’s your choice to eat it, as proven in the film. They’re actually a good employer so mocking them for closing seems odd.

As has been proven before, some of their food is as healthy as food peddled in supermarkets to be healthy.

Perhaps the fact an organisation the size of McDonald’s shutting down may make people take this more seriously...its odd the power of corporate companies have...

I’d agree with this totally. Super Size Me was brilliant, but it was his choice to eat like that for a month. Nothing wrong with McDonald’s at all after those changes we’re made. There is a fraction of the sugar, salt, fat and calories in their food that you’d get in a takeaway pizza, curry or Chinese. Closing down places like this just makes the queues in supermarkets even bigger.

Anyway, NON-FOOTBALL!
Posted by: Rick12, March 23, 2020, 7:32am; Reply: 6
Quoted from aldi_01

Thing is having worked in a fast food chain when I was younger its the way they cook the food . Eg cheap oil and meat bought in on the cheap in bulk.One of the main problems is this oil clogs up the artery's not to mention other health affected problems.As with most businesses profit is the main game changer often at the result of peoples health.
Posted by: aldi_01, March 23, 2020, 7:44am; Reply: 7
Having spent time working in settings such as that myself I wouldn’t disagree but as stated, Super Size Me was a catalyst for change.

People make their own decisions, you can argue about aggressive advertising but people still have w choice. If people can’t see that a burger made in 48 seconds or whatever isn’t going to be gourmet then they need to give their head a wobble.

The cheap quality of produce is no different in some air down restaurants, trust me, I’ve seen it.

I think the key thing to take from this is that a cash cow like McDonald’s shutting should give some indication of how serious this is. Whatever your views, conspiracy theorist, doom monger, believer, concerned, worried etc. a company of this magnitude shutting should make people realise its a big deal...
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 23, 2020, 7:54am; Reply: 8
Hmmm
My son loved (and still does) McD’s. He hasn’t grown up with health probs at all.
I guess that’s because he has responsible parents that limited how often he ate there !!

People are too quick to blame the establishment for their own parenting choices.

That’s not a pop at anyone on this thread by the way. Just my view on this subject.
Posted by: Rick12, March 23, 2020, 7:57am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Civvy at last
Hmmm
My son loved (and still does) McD’s. He hasn’t grown up with health probs at all.
I guess that’s because he has responsible parents that limited how often he ate there !!

People are too quick to blame the establishment for their own parenting choices.

That’s not a pop at anyone on this thread by the way. Just my view on this subject.
Everything in moderation I agree apart from smoking which is sick.

Hence even the great Floyd Mayweather Jr liked the odd MacDonald's from time to time.

Posted by: grimsby pete, March 23, 2020, 11:22am; Reply: 10
There are plenty of young fit kids who love a big Mac,

It depends on how many times they go to have one,

Everything in moderation is the key.

Says fat Pete  :B
Posted by: Perkins, March 23, 2020, 11:40am; Reply: 11
What are McDonalds going to do now with all the dogs lips they make the burgers from.
Posted by: monkeyboy, March 23, 2020, 11:50am; Reply: 12
Yes maccies close but that could mean those parents less able to cook fine cuisine will migrate there love ones onto Turkey dinosaurs and potato twizzlers.
Seriously Maccies shutting will have sod all impact on people eating habits, they will always eat shite if thats how they were brought up.
All about the parenting.

The environment will be the biggest winner until the factories start churning out bigger than ever once the plague has gone.
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 23, 2020, 1:31pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Perkins
What are McDonalds going to do now with all the dogs lips they make the burgers from.

I’ll have ‘em!
Print page generated: May 24, 2024, 4:19am