Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hameln Mariner, March 17, 2020, 7:22pm
Slightly surprised that nobody has already started a thread for tonight's game.  

I'm all for IH trying out new formations but this insistence on having 6 changes for every game isn't my idea of working out a settled side for next season. As for playing Dave Moore in goal and Macca and Ben Davis as the forward pairing I'm not sure that is going to work.

I'll not be able to make the game so if anyone who is at BP tonight is able to post updates I'd be grateful.

UTM.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, March 17, 2020, 7:33pm; Reply: 1
As there was no crowd and they where all there they kicked off early one surprise to the line up is Ian Holloway at centre forward. It’s working he’s just scored a hatrick in 15 minutes but he’s subbed himself now and brought John fenty on  
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 17, 2020, 7:43pm; Reply: 2
There’s still no bog roll in the Ponny toilets.  😕
Posted by: crusty ole pie, March 17, 2020, 7:45pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Civvy at last

Plenty in The ladies
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 17, 2020, 7:52pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Civvy at last

All right George Michael  ;)
Posted by: moosey_club, March 17, 2020, 7:54pm; Reply: 5
The new artisan burgers are fcking gorgeous, speaking to the catering staff they said they have been listening to feedback and now they have used all the old frozen stock they say if they get good sales and feedback tonight they will permanently switch, the brioche buns melt in your mouth and the burgers are superb.  Just hope they sell enough to make the switch permanent.

Posted by: promotion plaice, March 17, 2020, 7:57pm; Reply: 6

No Ludvig in the squad tonight, he's back in Sweden   ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 17, 2020, 8:04pm; Reply: 7
Jackie Bestall just come on as sub for the injured Clive Mendonca.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 17, 2020, 8:16pm; Reply: 8
That fella from Homes under the Hammer comes on for the visitors.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 17, 2020, 8:21pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Abdul19

Martin Roberts ?? Didn't know he played  ;)
Posted by: Madeleymariner, March 17, 2020, 8:23pm; Reply: 10
Do you know I'd forgot we were playing tonight I could kick myself for missing this one.
Posted by: Squinter, March 17, 2020, 8:24pm; Reply: 11
Cambridge must have got it mixed up with the boat race, the've got a 'c0cks' up front, oh no my mistake its Piers Morgan
Posted by: Abdul19, March 17, 2020, 8:31pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from moosey_club

Martin Roberts ?? Didn't know he played  ;)

;D
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 17, 2020, 8:31pm; Reply: 13
Apparently tonight is a wild card 6 pointer, if we win we get 6 points.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 17, 2020, 8:35pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Abdul19

At least his hair won't move in the wind   8)

Posted by: bawarmy, March 17, 2020, 8:35pm; Reply: 15
Get in !
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 17, 2020, 8:36pm; Reply: 16

Get in !!!
Posted by: mariner83, March 17, 2020, 8:41pm; Reply: 17
Well played Mighty!!
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, March 17, 2020, 8:50pm; Reply: 18
Couldn’t make tonight’s game as had a doctor’s appointment because I have been constantly putting on Sinatra, Tony Bennet and Dean Martin songs, thankfully nothing serious just a mild version of the Crooner virus.

Good news about Holloway’s 15 minute hat- trick and gives me great hope for next season, oh have to go the wife has just said “something stupid” and I have realised we are just “strangers n the night” and I should have gone to “New York” with “Nancy”.Oh well “that’s life” and guess its “all or nothing” from now on.

Are we still winning wife won’t turn the radio over so Dean Martin it is whilst the dogs wanted Bob Martin.

Back to therapy
Posted by: tintowner, March 17, 2020, 8:55pm; Reply: 19
Substitution..........
Green coming on  ??)
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, March 17, 2020, 10:06pm; Reply: 20
Anyone else try one of the Young’s Mariners Pies??? Decent indeed food at footy - nice bit of brown sauce on top of mine
Posted by: bawarmy, March 17, 2020, 10:46pm; Reply: 21
Did we win
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, March 18, 2020, 12:31am; Reply: 22
Nah! Green came on. Every Town attack fell apart and they tucked 8 goals past us in the last 5 minutes after we brought on one handed George the Pink Hippo in goal. They found our weak spot with him not being able to save shots to his right.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 18, 2020, 2:47am; Reply: 23
Nah! Green came on. Every Town attack fell apart and they tucked 8 goals past us in the last 5 minutes after we brought on one handed George the Pink Hippo in goal. They found our weak spot with him not being able to save shots to his right.

For all his faults I still think George was better on crosses than Macca....just saying.

Posted by: ex-merseymariner, March 18, 2020, 6:58am; Reply: 24
I thought it was jamie green who came on?
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 18, 2020, 8:02am; Reply: 25
[quote=618]Jackie Bestall just come on as sub for the injured Clive Mendonca.[/quot

This is the first time that a post on The Fishy has given me an erection.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, March 18, 2020, 8:04am; Reply: 26
Anyone else love how Ollie interviewed JT in the post match?? With a giant note pad in his hands and the words Mr Blobby written over and over and over and over and over
Posted by: aldi_01, March 18, 2020, 8:08am; Reply: 27
I felt sorry for that Cambridge fan who had his flag deconstructed until it no longer posed a threat to safety...
Posted by: golfer, March 18, 2020, 9:22am; Reply: 28
Don't know which match you lot have been watching but the game was abandoned after 15 minutes - the referee was that shite he sent the whole town team off for kissing after the first goal due to government RECOMMENDATIONS. Boris has been asked if the score stands but he is deferring commitment for 3 months until he has conferred with his health advisor who has gone into self isolation in his holiday home in Barbados
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 12:51pm