Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Gaffer58, March 7, 2020, 4:19pm
Ollie in his post match interview saying a Glennon has bust his foot, assume If correct that’s his season over.
Posted by: golfer, March 7, 2020, 5:32pm; Reply: 1
We seem to be picking up quite a few long term injuries at present. Players aren't being protected enough by the officials.  You don't seem to get these injuries to the same extent in the Premier.
Posted by: Marinerz93, March 8, 2020, 11:51am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Gaffer58
Ollie in his post match interview saying a Glennon has bust his foot, assume If correct that’s his season over.

Sadly it could be but there again it depends on what the damage is and how that effects his running and other aspects of his game. Anywhere around 6 weeks to end of season, the dirty scunt (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored)
Posted by: fishboyUTM, March 8, 2020, 12:25pm; Reply: 3
Not good with Garmston's hamstring injury. Leaves us without a left back although Hendrie can do a good job there. Will give Hewitt an opportunity to earn a new contract next season though at right back so at least there are some positives.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 8, 2020, 12:36pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from fishboyUTM
Not good with Garmston's hamstring injury. Leaves us without a left back although Hendrie can do a good job there. Will give Hewitt an opportunity to earn a new contract next season though at right back so at least there are some positives.

According to Cod Almighty he is already contracted for next season.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 8, 2020, 12:51pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from golfer
We seem to be picking up quite a few long term injuries at present. Players aren't being protected enough by the officials.  You don't seem to get these injuries to the same extent in the Premier.

Tackling is not allowed in the PLfor financial reasons.

Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, March 8, 2020, 2:50pm; Reply: 6
Didn't anyone notice that Ben Davies was on the bench yesterday, he could play right back and Hendrie on the left.
Posted by: davmariner, March 8, 2020, 9:14pm; Reply: 7
Tilley played at left wing back for Yeovil so could probably do a job there.
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 9, 2020, 10:14am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Didn't anyone notice that Ben Davies was on the bench yesterday, he could play right back and Hendrie on the left.

Even though I saw the side, this completely escaped me!  Guess it reflects the injuries we've got at the minute more than anything else.  

Tilley was fine when he came on at left-back so wouldn't be surprised to see if he carries on there.  
Posted by: monkeyboy, March 9, 2020, 10:48am; Reply: 9
Or Starbuck could go into right back with Hendrie at left? not like we are really playing for anything and gives the lad a few games.
Might be worth a shot
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, March 9, 2020, 10:54am; Reply: 10
With nothing to play for you'd hope Starbuck is above Ben Davies at the very least unless he demonstrates in a match environment that he's not yet ready.
Posted by: Youngy, March 9, 2020, 11:53am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
With nothing to play for you'd hope Starbuck is above Ben Davies at the very least unless he demonstrates in a match environment that he's not yet ready.

I was thinking the same, Holloway said previously that he likes what he sees in Starbuck, it would be nice if he got a mini run of games between now and the rest of the season. I saw him against Scunny in the Checkatrade and it was clear he was half decent.
Posted by: sam gy, March 9, 2020, 12:32pm; Reply: 12
I was under the impression Starbuck is an attacking wide player/Wide forward? Maybe i'm getting him mixed up though.
Posted by: Meza, March 9, 2020, 10:32pm; Reply: 13
He's a centre midfielder I believe
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 11:37am