Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Barrattstander, January 31, 2020, 6:48pm
I wonder if Ollie has set a target for this season ?

At this moment Town sit 15th in the League only one place below our best league finishing position since the 2006 play-off final year.

There is every chance therefore that this could turn out to be our most 'successful' season in the last 14 years, not sure that would be something to celebrate, but hopefully a positive sign of better things to come.
Posted by: rancido, January 31, 2020, 6:51pm; Reply: 1
Why this obsession with targets? You do the best you can and take it from there. Too many variables in football!
Posted by: ginnywings, January 31, 2020, 6:59pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from rancido
Why this obsession with targets? You do the best you can and take it from there. Too many variables in football!

Forward thinking clubs have targets.

I still think we can make the play offs with a decent run and the games in hand.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 31, 2020, 6:59pm; Reply: 3
Engage with the support, get more bums on seats and keep the feelgood factor going until they come back at the end of June then he'll get on with the football.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 31, 2020, 7:02pm; Reply: 4
I thought it was tommy target

P16 btw. Just next to the rumbelows advert and the £2.50 voucher for norris'
Posted by: Gaffer58, January 31, 2020, 7:51pm; Reply: 5
Talking of the feel good factor, probably this next close season the club will be very proactive in getting season tickets out, using the Ollie effect.
Posted by: Rik e B, January 31, 2020, 11:32pm; Reply: 6
Knowing the ambition of the man, he probably keeping ambitions of a crazy last minute surge for playoffs under his (flat) hat!
Posted by: PoutonStepover, February 1, 2020, 10:46am; Reply: 7
I’d be happy with 7th
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 1, 2020, 11:49am; Reply: 8
Looks unlikely we could make the play offs BUT with 7 new players and plenty of games to play we have the squad to challenge should we get a run of wins.Town win 2 out of the next 3 games I will believe and better still win all 3 boy will this Club have some momentum.
Posted by: somersetmariner, February 1, 2020, 11:53am; Reply: 9
Quoted from ginnywings

Forward thinking clubs have targets.

I still think we can make the play offs with a decent run and the games in hand.

Life is good, when there is a positive Ginny.....ah !
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 1, 2020, 11:57am; Reply: 10
I will be happy with 10th over the moon with  7th.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 12:17pm