Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mimma, November 14, 2019, 5:02pm
From the Telegraph:

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/england-vs-montenegro-matija-sarkic-3536827

Twins in tonight's Montenegro squad to play at Wembley were born here in Diana Princess of Wales hospital.

goalkeeper Matija Sarkic might play, or at least be on the bench. He's on loan at Livingston, from Villa.

His brother has been at Benfica, and Leeds, now plays for Burton.
Posted by: Ruston AT, November 14, 2019, 6:00pm; Reply: 1
Oliver matija approached GTFC when he was looking for a club, needless to say he was declined he then went and joined Leeds.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 14, 2019, 6:53pm; Reply: 2

Tonight's team news :

England XI: Pickford, Alexander-Arnold, Stones, Maguire, Chilwell, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Winks, Mount, Sancho, Kane, Rashford.

Subs: Trippier, Pope, Rose, Gomez, Mings, Tomori, Rice, Maddison, Hudson-Odoi, Wilson, Abraham, Henderson.
Posted by: mimma, November 14, 2019, 7:01pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Ruston AT
Oliver matija approached GTFC when he was looking for a club, needless to say he was declined he then went and joined Leeds.

Where did you get this from?

Oliver signed for Benfica. He then signed for Swansea.  He left them and signed for Leeds but couldn't break into their first team. He left Leeds and signed for Burton Albion, where he is now.

He was born here but left as a baby and has never as far as I know been back. His only connection to Grimsby is he was born here.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 14, 2019, 7:21pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

Tonight's team news :

England XI: Pickford, Alexander-Arnold, Stones, Maguire, Chilwell, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Winks, Mount, Sancho, Kane, Rashford.

Subs: Trippier, Pope, Rose, Gomez, Mings, Tomori, Rice, Maddison, Hudson-Odoi, Wilson, Abraham, Henderson.

Surprised Maddison's not starting
Posted by: moosey_club, November 14, 2019, 7:22pm; Reply: 5
Monenegro , wasnt that the mid sized family car made by Austin , fitted in the range somewhere  between the Allegro and Maestro ?
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 14, 2019, 7:24pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from moosey_club
Monenegro , wasnt that the mid sized family car made by Austin , fitted in the range somewhere  between the Allegro and Maestro ?

None of them were as good as my Morris Marina   ;)

Posted by: promotion plaice, November 14, 2019, 8:00pm; Reply: 7

Good finish by Oxlade-Chamberlain.....1-0 England
Posted by: Ruston AT, November 14, 2019, 8:01pm; Reply: 8
Sorry mimma I can't copy your reply.
Both the matija boys visit Grimsby regularily as they have family here and as you said one signed for Leeds the other for Aston villa. Before Leeds though GTFC were offered the services of Oliver and mr Hurst didn't fancy him.
Posted by: AussieMariner, November 14, 2019, 8:01pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from promotion plaice

None of them were as good as my Morris Marina   ;)

They should have called it the Mariner.
Based on it’s performance.
And maybe it’s quality.
Looked promising when it was first release but God it was a pile of (s)crap
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 14, 2019, 8:09pm; Reply: 10

2-0..Kane, Montenegro aren't very good.
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 14, 2019, 8:14pm; Reply: 11
Wasn't there some Hugo bloke?
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 14, 2019, 8:16pm; Reply: 12

4-0 after 30 minutes   :)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 14, 2019, 9:28pm; Reply: 13
IS the reason that other countries fare better because more of their players don't play domestic football against each other? Just a thought
Posted by: immariner, November 14, 2019, 10:59pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from mimma

He was born here but left as a baby and has never as far as I know been back. His only connection to Grimsby is he was born here.

...eeeeexcept his mum and her side of the family are from here  ;D

Twonk.
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 8:41am