Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 16, 2019, 6:08pm
See the club have been given a warning about two recent incidents at B.P. not good.

Remember seeing the Mansfield keeper handing something thrown at him yeah he was annoying but that sort of thing could land us a heavy fine or worse.
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 16, 2019, 6:19pm; Reply: 1
I afraid I must admit to being guilty of lobbing some very choice words at the referee the other week. I am now ashamed and would like to apologise to the gentleman in question. Although in hind sight he was an absolute knobhead.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 16, 2019, 7:03pm; Reply: 2
Anyone else notice a different tone in that statement.
Non threatening and a request for help that explains the consequences for the club. Hard to argue with that approach for me.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 16, 2019, 11:20pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Anyone else notice a different tone in that statement.
Non threatening and a request for help that explains the consequences for the club. Hard to argue with that approach for me.

Very friendly....can only assume JF and Nick Dale were completely unaware of this statement being released  ;D
Posted by: GollyGTFC, October 17, 2019, 5:39am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
See the club have been given a warning about two recent incidents at B.P. not good.

Remember seeing the Mansfield keeper handing something thrown at him yeah he was annoying but that sort of thing could land us a heavy fine or worse.

From my vantage point it looked like either a Mars Bar or Snickers that was thrown towards Conrad Logan.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), October 17, 2019, 8:59am; Reply: 5
Not acceptable. This is what I thought I saw with Mansfield keeper though. There had been a break in play players received drinks or energy ? Pouches a Mansfield player threw his in their penalty area. Moments later keeper goes to the spot where this was discarded picks something up and  hands to the ref. Maybe coincidence and something else may well have landed near. In no way am I condoning such actions of throwing anything on the pitch.
Posted by: jock dock tower, October 17, 2019, 9:50am; Reply: 6
Is it just me who fondly remembers the days at BP in the 60s and 70s when the ticker tape of toilet rolls descended onto the pitch at BP when a goal had been scored?
Posted by: wuffing, October 17, 2019, 10:15am; Reply: 7
Quoted from jock dock tower
Is it just me who fondly remembers the days at BP in the 60s and 70s when the ticker tape of toilet rolls descended onto the pitch at BP when a goal had been scored?

That was me too Jock. Also away games too. When the team came out for kick-off, my friends and I would release from our pockets thousands of cut up newspapers, a fab ticker-tape welcome. Ah, those were the days eh?
Posted by: Ipswin, October 17, 2019, 10:22am; Reply: 8
Bus ticket rolls were better than toilet rolls, they were much longer and went much further due to their weight. If you threw them wrong though they didn't unwind and were bloody hard if they hit anyone
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 17, 2019, 1:11pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from GollyGTFC

From my vantage point it looked like either a Mars Bar or Snickers that was thrown towards Conrad Logan.

I can only surmise he got so upset then because it wasn't a multipack that was thrown?  ;)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 17, 2019, 1:14pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Ipswin
Bus ticket rolls were better than toilet rolls, they were much longer and went much further due to their weight. If you threw them wrong though they didn't unwind and were bloody hard if they hit anyone

They were my "missile of choice" too

I always used to check behind the bench seats near the rear entrance/exit on the N° 7 to BP because I found that's where the conductors tended to keep them  ;)
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 17, 2019, 3:29pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from GollyGTFC

He should be thankful that they reduce the size of these things every month or so. Ten years ago a Mars Bar would have floored him. ;D

Posted by: Grimal, October 17, 2019, 8:39pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from GollyGTFC

If it was a snickers perhaps the person that threw it thought he looked like Joan Collins. ;).

Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, October 17, 2019, 10:50pm; Reply: 13
They used to Chuck all sorts from the Pontoon, even darts, nutters.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 12:20pm