Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: listy, May 28, 2019, 6:32pm
Interesting and great read about Clive Mendonca

if it does not open from this link just copy onto your browser

Nissan.html?fbclid=IwAR0Khttps://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7068437/Clive-Men_rgRdonca-Wembley-hat-trick-death-threats-working-632cGVaSiLwEbYVZRBY66ylKlIr6zCkFREFedVSmiIiKDrsZTcQ
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, May 28, 2019, 7:06pm; Reply: 1
My all time favourite, just love the guy.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, May 28, 2019, 7:34pm; Reply: 2
Has signed for us, now that makes my hairs stand up on the back of my neck.
Posted by: Yoda, May 28, 2019, 8:39pm; Reply: 3
One of Towns greatest players.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 28, 2019, 8:42pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from listy
Interesting and great read about Clive Mendonca

if it does not open from this link just copy onto your browser

Nissan.html?fbclid=IwAR0Khttps://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7068437/Clive-Men_rgRdonca-Wembley-hat-trick-death-threats-working-632cGVaSiLwEbYVZRBY66ylKlIr6zCkFREFedVSmiIiKDrsZTcQ

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7068437/Clive-Mendonca-Wembley-hat-trick-death-threats-working-Nissan.html
Posted by: mimma, May 29, 2019, 12:01am; Reply: 5
Here is super Clive against Sunderland at Blundell Park scoring a fantastic individual goal. He must have loved playing against them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqSeSiIPnmg
Posted by: Mendonca1995, May 29, 2019, 9:08am; Reply: 6
Super super Clive a clinical finisher for us what we would give for a fit Clive nowadays !!!
Posted by: golfer, May 29, 2019, 9:13am; Reply: 7
Interesting to see the teams we were playing against then .-the Ups and Downs in their fortunes over such a seemingly short period of time.    Who said" money is the root of all evil "
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 29, 2019, 9:18am; Reply: 8
Quoted from golfer
Interesting to see the teams we were playing against then .-the Ups and Downs in their fortunes over such a seemingly short period of time.    Who said" money is the root of all evil "

As your mate snoops would tell you it’s ‘the LOVE of money is the root of all evil’. In 1 Timothy ch 6 v 10, where he is talking about Shaun Harvey.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, May 29, 2019, 11:09am; Reply: 9
Best striker we've had in my lifetime. Frankly it's not even close can't, nobody gets near super clive.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 29, 2019, 11:43am; Reply: 10
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Best striker we've had in my lifetime. Frankly it's not even close can't, nobody gets near super clive.

Aye top drawer was Clive I have been fortunate enough to see Drinkell,Wilkinson,Hobson,Whymark and Birtles who all also oozed class and then just behind Rees,Woods,Lund,Lester,Bogle . That`s an impressive list and lots of others I never mentioned Kev Drinkell in my opinion was just better than Clive due to being better in the air but a cigarette  paper between them .
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 29, 2019, 1:48pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Aye top drawer was Clive I have been fortunate enough to see Drinkell,Wilkinson,Hobson,Whymark and Birtles who all also oozed class and then just behind Rees,Woods,Lund,Lester,Bogle . That`s an impressive list and lots of others I never mentioned Kev Drinkell in my opinion was just better than Clive due to being better in the air but a cigarette  paper between them .

I'd go with that too 1ML... maybe because we saw Drinks from being a young kid with potential turn into a scourge of defences up and down the land, not just with us but Norwich & Rangers

I often wonder too about Terry Donovan who came on the scene at about the same time.... we sold him on to Villa ( once again imho on the cheap ) and it didn't work out as well for him because of Villa's league & European Cup success ( and then later his injury) but he was considered back then by some to be the better of the two Town starlets

Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 29, 2019, 1:54pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I'd go with that too 1ML... maybe because we saw Drinks from being a young kid with potential turn into a scourge of defences up and down the land, not just with us but Norwich & Rangers

I often wonder too about Terry Donovan who came on the scene at about the same time.... we sold him on to Villa ( once again imho on the cheap ) and it didn't work out as well for him because of Villa's league & European Cup success ( and then later his injury) but he was considered back then by some to be the better of the two Town starlets

I just remember all the players in my first bracket had the fear factor for us vs opposition teams Drinkell in particular was a right handful at a young age in what`s now the Championship . Time fuddles the brain but I vaguely remember seeing Town v Leicester and Lineker got a big money move not long after and I honestly thought he was poor (at that time) . Mark Hately then with Pompey much more impressive as an opposition player and Drinkell was certainly on a par with them both at that time.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 29, 2019, 2:03pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I just remember all the players in my first bracket had the fear factor for us vs opposition teams Drinkell in particular was a right handful at a young age in what`s now the Championship . Time fuddles the brain but I vaguely remember seeing Town v Leicester and Lineker got a big money move not long after and I honestly thought he was poor (at that time) . Mark Hately then with Pompey much more impressive as an opposition player and Drinkell was certainly on a par with them both at that time.

Didn't we have a chance to sign Lineker for £30,000 at one point?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 29, 2019, 2:04pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Probably :(
Posted by: golfer, May 29, 2019, 6:04pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Nice legs shite crisps
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 29, 2019, 6:54pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from golfer

Nice legs shite crisps

Thanks, but was I right about the Lineker opportunity?
Posted by: Eastendmariner, May 31, 2019, 3:01pm; Reply: 17
What a player  natural in front of goal. Was really gutted to see him go. Iwas there  at Wembley to see that Hatrick  still sobering up from that great result from the day before  watching  Town get promoted  rows and rows of Red charlton shirts, and. Me in my sweaty Town Top lol  ;D
Posted by: fiveallive, May 31, 2019, 4:05pm; Reply: 18
The first game I went to was in 1995 I was about 7 a dour 0-0 Mendonca was injured, the next match I attended we beat Ipswich 3-0 Mendonca hat trick and from that match on i was football and Grimsby mad, Mendonca was a excellent finisher.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, May 31, 2019, 9:02pm; Reply: 19
Well over 100 goals at Championship level, makes you wonder if we'll ever see the like again.

Can't imagine what he'd be worth in the modern game.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 9:58am