Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Bigdog, April 4, 2019, 6:03pm
With all the negativity that seems to be surrounding football at the minute, it raises the spirits to read a good news story..

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47811334
Posted by: Azimuth, April 4, 2019, 6:38pm; Reply: 1
A nice Gesture, well done that man.
Although I am sure sone will find a way to critisise or be negative about this.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 4, 2019, 7:24pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Azimuth
A nice Gesture, well done that man.
Although I am sure sone will find a way to critisise or be negative about this.

You rang ?   ;)

For someone who is reported to have agreed a deal worth £300k a week then, while it is a nice gesture, its probably equivalent to your average fan paying for a mate to go.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 5, 2019, 11:39am; Reply: 3
Quoted from moosey_club

You rang ?   ;)

For someone who is reported to have agreed a deal worth £300k a week then, while it is a nice gesture, its probably equivalent to your average fan paying for a mate to go.

He didn't HAVE to do it though, did he?
Posted by: moosey_club, April 5, 2019, 11:50am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Les Brechin

Maybe his accountant told him to  ;)

Posted by: diehardmariner, April 5, 2019, 12:17pm; Reply: 5
Wonder how many of the media outlets who have been so eager to hammer harass Sterling in the past will run this story as a feature?
Posted by: Abdul19, April 5, 2019, 12:25pm; Reply: 6
"Pampered millionaire Sterling doesn't buy tickets for soldiers and nurses"
Posted by: Ipswin, April 5, 2019, 12:32pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Les Brechin

Well someone had to do something, Man City sent 2000 tickets back! For a cup semi at Wembley ffs I think they are being spoilt
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, April 5, 2019, 12:43pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Ipswin

Well someone had to do something, Man City sent 2000 tickets back! For a cup semi at Wembley ffs I think they are being spoilt

Nail on head. Their 4th Wembley outing in a year plus next 2 games are in London. Only a sheik can afford that. So they had oodles of spare seats.

To be fair though the kids are being treated to a day at the City training ground as well.

Posted by: buckstown, April 6, 2019, 9:45am; Reply: 9
I think his marketing team have been working overtime for the last 6 months but it's still an admirable gesture. There are still 24 other Man City players who didn't do it.
Posted by: Gaffer58, April 6, 2019, 12:42pm; Reply: 10
As his old school is in Watford, I assume those lucky kids, who the majority will be supporters of London clubs are well chuffed.
Posted by: Stadium, April 6, 2019, 1:01pm; Reply: 11
Everything from Raheem Sterling is a publicity stunt at the moment.

He's become the spokesman for every social issue.

The media gave him a hard time and now are up his backside as not to face a backlash.

For my money he’s currently the best player in the world, who can’t kick it with any power.
Posted by: Maringer, April 6, 2019, 1:14pm; Reply: 12
He's managed to kick it hard enough to find the net 25 times this season, so I'd imagine quite a few players would be happy to kick it as softly.

I'd imagine those in the media who were giving him stick are a little embarrassed now he's converted his club form to international level. A remarkable improvement over the past season.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 6, 2019, 1:25pm; Reply: 13
Nice gesture from Raheem and despite some miserable so and so’s on here one that I’m sure has been done for the right reasons, like  to when he stuck his hand in his pocket for the Grenfell fund.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 9:22am