Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 23, 2018, 3:46pm
Sol Campbell  is in talks to be their new manager

That could be interesting.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, November 23, 2018, 3:49pm; Reply: 1
Only November but feels like they've gone down already!

Still plenty of games to go and a shake up is what they need, , , just don't think Sol is the man to do it
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 23, 2018, 4:20pm; Reply: 2
Well I have to say it would be a surprise but then again football is full of them I suppose...
Wouldn't be one bit shocked if a certain Mr Hurst fancies his chances, but maybe a bit too low for him to stoop.  
Posted by: forza ivano, November 23, 2018, 4:39pm; Reply: 3
just a shame he didn't get the notts county gig - we could've counted ourselves as safe from relegation if that had happened ;D
Posted by: Teesknees, November 23, 2018, 5:06pm; Reply: 4
They'll be in the soup if they appoint him!
Posted by: wuffing, November 23, 2018, 5:28pm; Reply: 5
I wonder if he'll make a meat-balls of it!?(boxed)
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 23, 2018, 6:02pm; Reply: 6
Well he will have 57 varieties of formations.
Posted by: buckstown, November 23, 2018, 6:07pm; Reply: 7
Well he's been coaching the England U21's so I suspect his coaching skills are ok. Question is can he manage and can he make a silk purse out of a pigs whatsit?
Something tells me he might just make a go it, but I hope not. Would be nice to have one relegation spot tied up early.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, November 23, 2018, 6:15pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Teesknees
They'll be in the soup if they appoint him!

Would only CONDENSE their situation
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 23, 2018, 6:40pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from buckstown
Well he's been coaching the England U21's so I suspect his coaching skills are ok. Question is can he manage and can he make a silk purse out of a pigs whatsit?
Something tells me he might just make a go it, but I hope not. Would be nice to have one relegation spot tied up early.

Can they make a Silkmen out of a Sol’s ear I think is the phrase you were looking for.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, November 23, 2018, 7:35pm; Reply: 10
Well if he were to be appointed it would demonstrate his commitment to becoming a Manager so good luck to him, hope he succeeds but they still finish below us.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 23, 2018, 7:54pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Well if he were to be appointed it would demonstrate his commitment to becoming a Manager so good luck to him, hope he succeeds but they still finish below us.

Good luck to him but I'll be happy if we finish 22nd in the table at the moment......how sad is that !!!!

Posted by: golfer, November 23, 2018, 8:26pm; Reply: 12
I've never heard of SOL soup
Print page generated: May 23, 2024, 9:04pm