Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 12, 2018, 8:19pm

Croatia v England......I haven't got Sky Sports so listening on the radio but it doesn't sound very inspiring even taking into account it's a "behind closed doors" game.

Taken from another site........If Macclesfield lose or draw at Tranmere Rovers tonight they will equal a League record for most games played without a win. They did not win in their last 23 league games when they were last in the Football League (2011-12). This season they have not won in 12 games.

The record is 36, Derby County between September 2007 and September 2008.
Posted by: mariner paul, October 12, 2018, 8:37pm; Reply: 1
What is it with all this square ball and back passing how the hell are you suppose to score if you don't attack at this rate the best we can hope for is a 0-0 draw bore of
Posted by: LH, October 12, 2018, 9:13pm; Reply: 2
The England match is being played at a pre-2017 Sincil Bank.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 12, 2018, 9:24pm; Reply: 3
Tranny 1 up
Posted by: forza ivano, October 13, 2018, 12:29am; Reply: 4
Josh magennis up front for n.i. Being watched  by sol Campbell, the man we should really have appointed ( or not)
Posted by: Cloudy, October 13, 2018, 10:54am; Reply: 5
I read that a few Town fans were amongst the gang on the hill overlooking the pitch in Croatia, supporting England.
Are they mental? I get supporting England home and away if that’s your bag but to travel all that way knowing in advance they cannot get in the ground seems crazy to me.
Must be made of money
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, October 13, 2018, 11:20am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Cloudy
I read that a few Town fans were amongst the gang on the hill overlooking the pitch in Croatia, supporting England.
Are they mental? I get supporting England home and away if that’s your bag but to travel all that way knowing in advance they cannot get in the ground seems crazy to me.
Must be made of money

At least one lad I recognised from town on some pictures I’ve seen on Twitter
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 13, 2018, 11:21am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Cloudy
Must be made of money

Yeah, I know about 4 lads who went.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, October 13, 2018, 1:17pm; Reply: 8
I am going to Barry Town v Carmarthen.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 13, 2018, 2:51pm; Reply: 9

HT...Northampton 0-1 FGR

If Northampton win they go above us   :)
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 13, 2018, 4:55pm; Reply: 10

With Northampton and Morecambe both winning today Town drop 2 places to 21st in the table   :-/

Latest.......Port Vale 1-6 Lincoln   ??)
Posted by: forza ivano, October 13, 2018, 5:00pm; Reply: 11
Luke summer fields scores for wrecsam and Cambridge lose so we are 3 points clear of relegation with a game in hand
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 13, 2018, 5:24pm; Reply: 12
Sutton were playing Bohemians away today (Town link Aswad and Tombola playing for Sutton).

So we have an English team playing an Irish one in something called the Scottish Challenge Cup.  Marvellous!

Commentators were joking about it meant Sutton were playing 'in Europe'.  ;D
Posted by: Cloudy, October 13, 2018, 5:39pm; Reply: 13
Clee Town won 3-2 away in the FATrophy.
Radcliffe borough??
Posted by: chaos33, October 13, 2018, 6:01pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from promotion plaice

With Northampton and Morecambe both winning today Town drop 2 places to 21st in the table   :-/

Latest.......Port Vale 1-6 Lincoln   ??)

Fair play to Lincoln, they made a big statement, absolutely smashing Vale at home. They set the standard. I noticed that one of my favourite players at this level scored - Shay MCartan, who's on loan from Bradford and who was ace for Accrington when they were in L2. A player I'd really like to see here, along with James Collins, who was at Crawley and is now at Luton (scored for them today).
Posted by: Madeleymariner, October 13, 2018, 6:12pm; Reply: 15
Watching Halifax Chesterton, Clarke Berret and Southwell playing for Halifax,
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 13, 2018, 6:12pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from chaos33

Fair play to Lincoln, they made a big statement, absolutely smashing Vale at home. They set the standard. I noticed that one of my favourite players at this level scored - Shay MCartan, who's on loan from Bradford and who was ace for Accrington when they were in L2. A player I'd really like to see here, along with James Collins, who was at Crawley and is now at Luton (scored for them today).

Lincoln look good for promotion but that result doesn't surprise me; Port Vale were terrible last Saturday. Aspin can't have long left surely?
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 13, 2018, 6:46pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Watching Halifax Chesterton, Clarke Berret and Southwell playing for Halifax,

Yeah I'm also watching.......Halifax take the lead against the run of play to be fair to Chesterfield.

Posted by: Les Brechin, October 13, 2018, 6:50pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Sutton were playing Bohemians away today (Town link Aswad and Tombola playing for Sutton).

So we have an English team playing an Irish one in something called the Scottish Challenge Cup.  Marvellous!

Commentators were joking about it meant Sutton were playing 'in Europe'.  ;D

And then at 7.30 (Live onS4C if anyone's interested) we have Connah's Quay Nomads v Coleraine, so a Welsh Team versus an Irish team, also in The Scottish Challenge Cup!!
Posted by: chaos33, October 13, 2018, 7:00pm; Reply: 19
Yeah reckon Aspin on his way soon
Posted by: mimma, October 13, 2018, 7:12pm; Reply: 20
Hope Aspin stay for a bit longer so that we can climb above them and put a few points between them.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 14, 2018, 9:21am; Reply: 21

I saw yesterday Gibraltar won their first competitive match since becoming a UEFA-affiliated nation in 2013, they had lost all their previous 22 matches.

Oh.... and Holland beat Germany 3-0   8)
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 8:32am