Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, September 29, 2018, 7:19pm
An interesting item in todays programme in which Jolley was defending his choice of formation. A sure sign he is under pressure. I have always been of the opinion that the crowd would demand 442 and that seemed to happen today, although the outcome was the same. We just don't have any creative players it doesn't matter which way you line them up. For that reason I think whoever is in charge will struggle. We gave away Dembele for next to nothing and he was the only creative player in the squad.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 29, 2018, 7:25pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from GrimRob
An interesting item in todays programme in which Jolley was defending his choice of formation. A sure sign he is under pressure. I have always been of the opinion that the crowd would demand 442 and that seemed to happen today, although the outcome was the same. We just don't have any creative players it doesn't matter which way you line them up. For that reason I think whoever is in charge will struggle. We gave away Dembele for next to nothing and he was the only creative player in the squad.

He also mentioned his choice of 4-4-2 in the post match interview, and said people had asked for it, which i found worrying. Did he play with this formation because of fan pressure?

Sure sign of a struggling manager as you say.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 29, 2018, 7:43pm; Reply: 2
He's clutching at straws - which I get - but he said in his interview that he feels some players aren't performing to their ability. Two things, he's overestimated them or he's lost them - either way, it's time to change.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 29, 2018, 7:46pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from MuddyWaters
He's clutching at straws - which I get - but he said in his interview that he feels some players aren't performing to their ability. Two things, he's overestimated them or he's lost them - either way, it's time to change.

Think you may be right there. It's happening to Mourinho now and Conte last season; manager's of some of the worlds best footballers. If they won't go the extra mile for you, you're screwed.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 29, 2018, 7:49pm; Reply: 4
...........and his reference today to have played 8 teams in the top half.  Sounds like deckchairs on the Titanic.
Posted by: golfer, September 29, 2018, 8:11pm; Reply: 5
If they hadn't played us they most likely wouldn't be in the top half.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 29, 2018, 8:38pm; Reply: 6
Doesn't matter what formation we play, our defence is crap, midfield weak and up front no one who looks like getting many goals. Our squad is poor and that is down to Jolley.
Posted by: chaos33, September 29, 2018, 8:42pm; Reply: 7
Jolley and/or whoever gave him a budget that put these players in scope.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 29, 2018, 9:09pm; Reply: 8
His programme notes were more like the ramblings of a man who has lost the plot. Explaining that we played 4-4-2 for most of our 20 game winless run last season and that we have only won games under himself with only 1 striker up front.

He defended the reasonings behind not playing 4-4-2 and then the team came out playing 4-4-2!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 29, 2018, 9:10pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from jamesgtfc
His programme notes were more like the ramblings of a man who has lost the plot. Explaining that we played 4-4-2 for most of our 20 game winless run last season and that we have only won games under himself with only 1 striker up front.

He defended the reasonings behind not playing 4-4-2 and then the team came out playing 4-4-2!

Cook was so bad it could have been 4-4-1
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 29, 2018, 9:25pm; Reply: 10
It does not matter what formation we play if the players are not on board or do not know what they are supposed to do.

We a going to lose /
Print page generated: May 22, 2024, 8:35pm