Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 9, 2018, 9:51pm

According to the Oldham fans forum they've sold nearly 700 tickets already for Saturday.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/topic/50725-grimsby-a/
Posted by: Maringer, September 9, 2018, 10:01pm; Reply: 1
Good bit of revenue there. Let's hope the away fans can generate an atmosphere lifts the performance of our players.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 9, 2018, 10:01pm; Reply: 2
About time we got more decent away followings like that. Reckon it'll be noisy.
Posted by: Cloudy, September 10, 2018, 6:35am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Maringer
Good bit of revenue there. Let's hope the away fans can generate an atmosphere lifts the performance of our players.

Good bit of revenue to offset the reduced home following?
Posted by: chaos33, September 10, 2018, 7:57am; Reply: 4
Was thinking the same. Prob only 3500-4000 home fans so a good away following will compensate. Shame, because a few more points and strong home performances would have seen 5 - 6k home fans.

We must turn it round at home, starting this Saturday.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 10, 2018, 12:12pm; Reply: 5
Anyone think because we are so bloody awful present the Oldham fans think they'll be coming to watch a rout thus increasing their following for this game?..if so, I hope we go out there and whip their lancashire asses!!...
Posted by: moosey_club, September 10, 2018, 1:15pm; Reply: 6
I imagine a lively time in Cleethorpes Saturday then. ......

unless they read the away supporters guide and congregate in Stallingborough for drinks instead and miss kick off by leaving the pub at 2:45  ;D  
Posted by: Flying Mariner, September 10, 2018, 1:19pm; Reply: 7
I hope we batter them like they did us last time we played them.
It was at Boundary Park in 2004.
Lost 6-0.
I'm sure it was a Centenary game or similar and the crowd got in free of charge.
Hence a attendance of over 13,000 !

Oh and Scott Vernon was in the Oldham team :-)
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), September 10, 2018, 1:23pm; Reply: 8
Looking at Oldham’s form and the fact that our optimism is pretty low, this looks to me like one of those games where we really put on a performance.
Posted by: diehardmariner, September 10, 2018, 1:34pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Flying Mariner
Lost 6-0.
I'm sure it was a Centenary game or similar and the crowd got in free of charge.

Didn't Scott Vernon score an overhead kick in front of the Town fans just before half-time?

It was free entry because some new American owners had just rocked up there.
Posted by: diehardmariner, September 10, 2018, 1:37pm; Reply: 10
Just checked, he got a hat-trick that day!
Posted by: Flying Mariner, September 10, 2018, 2:11pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from diehardmariner
Just checked, he got a hat-trick that day!

I recall the game but not the scores so just checked myself.
Yes a hat-trick and Danny Boshell also played for them :-)

Posted by: Les Brechin, September 10, 2018, 2:34pm; Reply: 12
Wasn't it 6-0 at half-time that day.

I wasn't there as I was driving back from a week in The Isle of Wight and had the radio on and they seemed to be "Going Over To Boundary Park Again" every 5 minutes. Each time I was hoping we'd scored but unfortunately not.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 10, 2018, 2:44pm; Reply: 13
5 at half time. I remember thinking it was much much worse than the Hartlepool game a few months beforehand.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 10, 2018, 7:05pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Flying Mariner
Lost 6-0.

I was at the game and the mention of Vernon highlights the fact that for years we have signed decent players, but often 10 years too late when they are short of better offers.

If you won't pay the going rate for sought after players they won't come.
Posted by: rancido, September 10, 2018, 7:33pm; Reply: 15
[quote=3362]

I was at the game and the mention of Vernon highlights the fact that for years we have signed decent players, but often 10 years too late when they are short of better offers.

As a point of interest have you any evidence to substantiate this?
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 10, 2018, 8:16pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from rancido
[quote=3362]

As a point of interest have you any evidence to substantiate this?

Yes I had a meeting with John and Michael last night and they confirmed it. It will be on You Tube soon I bet.
Posted by: OAFCWOOWB, September 12, 2018, 1:58pm; Reply: 17
Glad you seemed shocked by the big following. We've taken 1600 to Morecambe already, 260 on a Tuesday night to Yeovil, 850 to Forest Green.

Just a shame we didn't beat Newport on Saturday would have left us sitting 2nd and saw a following of 1700 ish I reckon.

That 6-0 game was mad, let everyone in free, then couldn't let season ticket holders in as there was no space!

Also remember a guy protesting on the half way line against you lot years and years ago if any of you remember it?

Then there was the 3-3 thriller on Boxing Day at your place.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, September 12, 2018, 2:24pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from OAFCWOOWB
Glad you seemed shocked by the big following. We've taken 1600 to Morecambe already, 260 on a Tuesday night to Yeovil, 850 to Forest Green.

Just a shame we didn't beat Newport on Saturday would have left us sitting 2nd and saw a following of 1700 ish I reckon.

That 6-0 game was mad, let everyone in free, then couldn't let season ticket holders in as there was no space!

Also remember a guy protesting on the half way line against you lot years and years ago if any of you remember it?

Then there was the 3-3 thriller on Boxing Day at your place.

It was a girl/women if I remember, went onto the pitch. I was up for a funeral the day after
Posted by: OAFCWOOWB, September 12, 2018, 2:33pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

It was a girl/women if I remember, went onto the pitch. I was up for a funeral the day after

That rings a bell as well, I'm sure I have memories of some fat old bloke sitting on the half way line refusing to move one game as well .... talking years ago 2001ish.
Posted by: Mendonca1995, September 12, 2018, 5:53pm; Reply: 20
Vernon scored a hatrick whaaaaat 🤔
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 10:46am