Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 24, 2018, 10:40am
Panic on the streets of Lincoln.
Scunthorpe Chairman Peter Swan set to make a financial offer they will find hard to refuse hmmmmmmmmmm
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 24, 2018, 10:48am; Reply: 1
I think they'd need there heads testing TBH........
Posted by: Garth, August 24, 2018, 10:48am; Reply: 2
No way would they move from Lincoln to Scunny----would you ;D
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 24, 2018, 10:52am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Garth
No way would they move from Lincoln to Scunny----would you ;D

In this game depends on the money.No idea what Lincoln pay but you would assume Scunny would pay far more? Still I will get the marshmallows out and watch this develop makes a change for us to be sat on the fence :)
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 24, 2018, 11:00am; Reply: 4
Not going to happen.
Posted by: Garth, August 24, 2018, 11:01am; Reply: 5
Quoted from 1mickylyons

In this game depends on the money.No idea what Lincoln pay but you would assume Scunny would pay far more? Still I will get the marshmallows out and watch this develop makes a change for us to be sat on the fence :)

Not shopping in Wilcos, the bros have five year contracts to be bought out, would be hellish expensive for novice league managers, need them to stay where they are scraping lucky results atm, but its a long way to the finishing line and bookies don`t always get it right (Leicester and Accrington) for instance.
Got a feeling that we will meet the imps in the playoffs this year if they can hold there nerve
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 24, 2018, 11:01am; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete
Not going to happen.

No smoke without fire Pete and this is hot from the Scunny steelworks ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 24, 2018, 11:25am; Reply: 7
Quoted from 1mickylyons

No smoke without fire Pete and this is hot from the Scunny steelworks ;)

I can see why Sconny would be after them Micky,

BUT

I can not see the Cowley's moving there,

They will move when they get Lincoln as far as they can take them.imo
Posted by: mariner91, August 24, 2018, 11:26am; Reply: 8
They'd be mad to. It's never going to happen.
Posted by: realist, August 24, 2018, 11:36am; Reply: 9
Who cares?
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, August 24, 2018, 11:54am; Reply: 10
Why would they move to a club of limited potential and probably on the way down compared to a club on the way up and with not inconsiderable potential?
It’s not going to happen.
Posted by: cjbill, August 24, 2018, 12:10pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Why would they move to a club of limited potential and probably on the way down compared to a club on the way up and with not inconsiderable potential?
It’s not going to happen.

Isn't this what people said about the potential of Hurst leaving us for Shrewsbury?
Posted by: Dazzerb, August 24, 2018, 12:18pm; Reply: 12
[quote=6]

Not shopping in Wilcos, the bros have five year contracts to be bought out, would be hellish expensive for novice league managers, need them to stay where they are scraping lucky results atm, but its a long way to the finishing line and bookies don`t always get it right (Leicester and Accrington) for instance.
Got a feeling that we will meet the imps in the playoffs this year if they can hold there nerve

I’ll have 5 pints of what your drinking

Posted by: RoboCod, August 24, 2018, 12:22pm; Reply: 13
I just can't see Swann wiping out all of that investment in Scunny, then asking the wife if he can borrow her purse again as he wants a new club.
I'd honestly expect a huge scaling down of club investment for Swan IF he decides to stay involved, a smaller local club outside of the League perhaps.

Or he may just give it all up and just buy a big yacht.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 24, 2018, 12:25pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from RoboCod
I just can't see Swann wiping out all of that investment in Scunny, then asking the wife if he can borrow her purse again as he wants a new club.
I'd honestly expect a huge scaling down of club investment for Swan IF he decides to stay involved, a smaller local club outside of the League perhaps.

Or he may just give it all up and just buy a big yacht.

And more horses.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 24, 2018, 12:29pm; Reply: 15
they'd be insane to go there
Posted by: ginnywings, August 24, 2018, 12:45pm; Reply: 16
Lincoln clearly have more potential than Scunny anyway, and they could be swapping leagues this season. Can't see what would attract them to Scunny, even if Scunny did want them, which i doubt.
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 24, 2018, 1:30pm; Reply: 17
Do we know for a fact that they've got a massive buy-out clause?

Considering how high their stock was when they signed those long-term deals, why on earth would they sign up to something that ties them into something no-one will realistically pay for?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 24, 2018, 2:19pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Scunthorpe Chairman Peter Swan set to make a financial offer they will find hard to refuse hmmmmmmmmmm

Does it include 4,000 plastic fans as well?    ;D ;D ;D

Posted by: Gaffer58, August 24, 2018, 2:23pm; Reply: 19
Looknorth naming Grayson and Mcall (is that how you spell it?) as in the frame, would of thought they would want 3-4 thousand a week.
Posted by: mariner paul, August 24, 2018, 2:26pm; Reply: 20
Bullshit
Posted by: Cloudy, August 24, 2018, 2:42pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from diehardmariner
Do we know for a fact that they've got a massive buy-out clause?

Considering how high their stock was when they signed those long-term deals, why on earth would they sign up to something that ties them into something no-one will realistically pay for?

I dont think for one moment the Cowleys will be going to Scunny, a backward step if ever there was one BUT I suspect DHM is correct. Just because you sign a 4 or 5 year deal doesnt mean to say that a new club has to pay Lincoln the wages fof 4 or 5 years. There will be almost certainly a buy out clause, no idea what though. £500k max??
Posted by: Posh Harry, August 24, 2018, 4:42pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Cloudy

I dont think for one moment the Cowleys will be going to Scunny, a backward step if ever there was one BUT I suspect DHM is correct. Just because you sign a 4 or 5 year deal doesnt mean to say that a new club has to pay Lincoln the wages fof 4 or 5 years. There will be almost certainly a buy out clause, no idea what though. £500k max??

Most Lincoln fans quote a £1 million buy out. But then again most Lincoln fans are full of, well, you know what 😊
Posted by: Helgy, August 24, 2018, 5:00pm; Reply: 23
Of course we have a buy out clause be mad not too.

No Panic on the streets of Lincoln just yet lol 😂

Posted by: Impish2, August 27, 2018, 5:04pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from 1mickylyons

So, looks like that financial offer was refused, who would have believed it!?

Maybe they have been interviewed at Notts today!?
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 27, 2018, 5:14pm; Reply: 25
Lincoln currently have twice the support of Scumthorpe and are a club on the up, Scumthorpe are a stagnant one gene pool on the way down.

If the Cowleys visit Scumthorpe, Swan will have to make sure the wind is blowing away from Scumthorpe, as I was working down Cemetary rd in Scumthorpe and thought the sewers had backed up, the customer told me it generally smells like that, pheweee.
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 27, 2018, 5:48pm; Reply: 26
M93, I think the location of where you were working gives you the clue to the smell.
Posted by: chaos33, August 27, 2018, 5:54pm; Reply: 27
Scunthorpe have appointed Stuart McCall. This thread was a massive waste of time and energy.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 27, 2018, 8:33pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from chaos33
Scunthorpe have appointed Stuart McCall. This thread was a massive waste of time and energy.

Like his appoinrment will be , a manager on the decline it won’t be long scunny
Posted by: Garth, August 28, 2018, 8:52am; Reply: 29
Apparently they applied for the job but we're turned down ;) ;D
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 28, 2018, 9:00am; Reply: 30
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Like his appoinrment will be , a manager on the decline it won’t be long scunny

Do you think?  Lot of Bradford fans I've seen on Twitter seem to think he's an excellent appointment.

McCall's got a very decent track record and looked to have been harshly treat when sacked at Bradford.  In and around the top six for most of the season, failure to back him in the January transfer window and then sacked him at the first sign of a wobble.  Pretty sure they were still in the top six when he got sacked too, a position they didn't come close to reaching for the rest of the season.

Whilst I think Scunny are facing some potential hardship with Swann either pulling the plug or at least wanting to tighten the spending, but this is a good appointment in my eyes.  Especially when you think Steve Cotterill was also linked with the job!
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), August 28, 2018, 11:03am; Reply: 31
Quoted from diehardmariner

Especially when you think Steve Cotterill was also linked with the job!

Cotterill is a lower league Steve McLaren. Can't believe his name still gets linked with jobs. Of course, I'm aware that Steve McLaren will soon be a lower league Steve McLaren.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 28, 2018, 12:30pm; Reply: 32
Cowleys did not want that job they are waiting for the Ipswich job coming available again. ;)
Posted by: Impish2, August 28, 2018, 2:38pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from grimsby pete
Cowleys did not want that job they are waiting for the Ipswich job coming available again. ;)

If they wait long enough and depending how low West Ham go, they may well be in the frame for that job seeing as DC is a Hammers fan.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 28, 2018, 4:04pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Impish2

If they wait long enough and depending how low West Ham go, they may well be in the frame for that job seeing as DC is a Hammers fan.

Impish2.....with statements,like that you are showing just  how deluded Lincoln fans really are....from Pellegrini to Cowleys,!!???....I don't think so....
Posted by: Abdul19, August 28, 2018, 4:11pm; Reply: 35
Danny Dyer's a Hammers fan too, maybe they'll take him on as first team coach.
Posted by: MarinerDevil, August 28, 2018, 4:36pm; Reply: 36
Scunny always seem to pull a good manager out of the hat when they really need one.

Remember back to 2013-14.  They were lower mid-table in League 2 and had just been dumped out of the cup by their non-league local rivals.  The tide was about to finally turn against them.  Until Russ Wilcox went on an unbeaten run to secure promotion back to League 1.  I think we were the last team to beat them that season.  

This will inevitably turn out to be a good appointment.  Tough times will come when Swann finally decides to stop pouring money into a bottomless pit, but the moment when we pass each other on our way to our 'rightful place', long predicted to be just around the corner on here, will have to wait a while longer.
Posted by: Impish2, August 28, 2018, 5:56pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Impish2.....with statements,like that you are showing just  how deluded Lincoln fans really are....from Pellegrini to Cowleys,!!???....I don't think so....

So if West Ham got relegated and the Cowleys do up sticks at Lincoln inevitably , you couldn't ever see them manage at the Hammers?

I think they will manage at a high level, they have a 15% better win rate (currently 60%) than one of our highest ever in Graham Taylor, he didn't do too bad after us did he?

Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 28, 2018, 6:25pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Impish2

So if West Ham got relegated and the Cowleys do up sticks at Lincoln inevitably , you couldn't ever see them manage at the Hammers?

I think they will manage at a high level, they have a 15% better win rate (currently 60%) than one of our highest ever in Graham Taylor, he didn't do too bad after us did he?

Seriously, no I cannot...in the same way Buckley never got a job bigger than west brom, which hardly went well..
We proved their weakness quite easily, to me they have notechnical nouse, an inability to change a pattern of play during the game and let's get real, they've done okay with you but I reckon they'll struggle with a bigger club, just like Hurst is with Ipswich....I may be proven wrong but I wouldn't count ya chickens yet, West Ham will always pull a big name as a manager, and for as much as you don't want to hear....the Cowleys are just school teachers done good, can't see them ever getting a go at one of the bigger clubs in any league....
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 28, 2018, 7:10pm; Reply: 39

[/quote]
Well Graham Taylor was a tactical genius, a pupil of the Charles Hughes football school, basically if you lump it into the oppositions penalty area 30 times in a game the percentages say you should score, "do I not like that"
Posted by: Impish2, August 28, 2018, 7:58pm; Reply: 40

Seriously, no I cannot...in the same way Buckley never got a job bigger than west brom, which hardly went well..
We proved their weakness quite easily, to me they have notechnical nouse, an inability to change a pattern of play during the game and let's get real, they've done okay with you but I reckon they'll struggle with a bigger club, just like Hurst is with Ipswich....I may be proven wrong but I wouldn't count ya chickens yet, West Ham will always pull a big name as a manager, and for as much as you don't want to hear....the Cowleys are just school teachers done good, can't see them ever getting a go at one of the bigger clubs in any league....

No technical nouse, I thought I was deluded! We shall see, I wouldn't mind betting they will manage at Championship or higher at some stage in their careers.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 28, 2018, 8:33pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Impish2

No technical nouse, I thought I was deluded! We shall see, I wouldn't mind betting they will manage at Championship or higher at some stage in their careers.

Sorry?...it does not take a technical maestro to tell ya players to kick f@ck out the opposition, lump the ball as often as you can in the oppositions penalty box, instruct ya centre forward to dive around more than tom daly and get in the face of the 4th official at every minute of the 90!!!....seriously, give ya a head a shake...just because they've turned the tide doesn't make them.world beaters, Jesus Impish, be real about it, I've no beef with the Cowleys per se, just with their style of football management
Posted by: AkindePen, August 31, 2018, 4:03pm; Reply: 42

You had one good game and you got a point. Yet you claim you've found their weaknesses 😂😂😂 what a statement. They've never lost to Grimsby managing Lincoln. You've really exposed them!! Just hand us that league two title now 🏆
Posted by: RoboCod, August 31, 2018, 4:21pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from AkindePen

You had one good game and you got a point. Yet you claim you've found their weaknesses 😂😂😂 what a statement. They've never lost to Grimsby managing Lincoln. You've really exposed them!! Just hand us that league two title now 🏆

Ah, TownCryer, wondered where you'd gone. Logged up 13 days already, well done.
Posted by: waynegftc, August 31, 2018, 5:02pm; Reply: 44
da kowlyz r frordz lyk gwardeola oof it 2 reedz iz there onely taktik n thay iz fik az pigshit
Posted by: AkindePen, August 31, 2018, 8:04pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from RoboCod

Ah, TownCryer, wondered where you'd gone. Logged up 13 days already, well done.

Who is TownCryer? 13 days is because I left it logged in on my phone after I registered.

Anyway, considering you lot have discovered Cowley's weaknesses (the greatest manager to walk the earth) you've got no excuses now for when Jolley leads you to a bottom half finish
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 31, 2018, 8:57pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from AkindePen

Who is TownCryer? 13 days is because I left it logged in on my phone after I registered.

Anyway, considering you lot have discovered Cowley's weaknesses (the greatest manager to walk the earth) you've got no excuses now for when Jolley leads you to a bottom half finish

If you think the Cowleys are he greatest etc etc, with what they have actually achieved to date, then your easily pleased.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 31, 2018, 9:48pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Gaffer58

If you think the Cowleys are he greatest etc etc, with what they have actually achieved to date, then your easily pleased.

Of course he's easily pleased. He's a Lincoln fan.
Posted by: newarkmariner, August 31, 2018, 10:03pm; Reply: 48
Hahahahahahahahaha, wow Akindepen you seriously believe Mr hoof ball Cowley is the greatest manager to walk the earth, are you one off these special people who get convinced to go on britains got talent just for normal folk to laugh at , You quite clearly have only just started watching football or your smoking rastarfarian old holburn (just say no kids).Dimler
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 31, 2018, 11:01pm; Reply: 49

There's that many Lincoln fans posting on here now I'm surprised Jules hasn't tried to nick the prediction thread off me   ;D

That's not an invitation FrazerGTFC   ??)
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 1, 2018, 8:26am; Reply: 50
Quoted from AkindePen

Take ya face for a sh!te son, we not only got a point but gave you a lesson in how to play football,, without that cheating illegitimate robbing a penalty off us you'd have gone home empty handed,..Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts because when, and they will, the wheels fall off you'll end up playing infront of 1750 fans and the Cowleys will be back doing what they best, teaching PE...
Posted by: AkindePen, September 1, 2018, 5:49pm; Reply: 51
Like I said. Greatest managers ever. Enjoy your relegation battle 😂 hand us the title now 🏆 thank you 😘 at least you got a point at home Vs the champions 😂
Posted by: Hagrid, September 1, 2018, 5:57pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from AkindePen
Like I said. Greatest managers ever. Enjoy your relegation battle 😂 hand us the title now 🏆 thank you 😘 at least you got a point at home Vs the champions 😂

Get this idiot banned Rob
Posted by: AkindePen, September 1, 2018, 7:33pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Hagrid

😍😍😘😘 Bitter much. Enjoy finishing 23rd 😂
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 1, 2018, 8:36pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from AkindePen

No, but keep posting all the crap you are coming out with because it means you have spent decades in our shadow and don't know how to handle the sunshine, you pasty faced bellringer. I bet your face is so sallow with sad sunken eyes even your hand goes limp when you try and have a bit of you time.
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 1, 2018, 8:51pm; Reply: 55
Someone could put all Akindefalloverpen stupid comments into one folder, then in May when Lincoln fail in the playoffs (again) they could all be put back up.
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 1, 2018, 9:00pm; Reply: 56
How come Akindepen is getting green ticks with the absolute drivel he's spouting, are there more Lincoln fans on this site then on that Vitals thingy.
Posted by: bawarmy, September 1, 2018, 9:07pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from AkindePen

This is the biggest c unt on here for a long time. Is it one of the Cowley knobs?
Posted by: AkindePen, September 1, 2018, 9:21pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Gaffer58
Someone could put all Akindefalloverpen stupid comments into one folder, then in May when Lincoln fail in the playoffs (again) they could all be put back up.

Don't worry, we will be champions long before may
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 1, 2018, 10:17pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from AkindePen

Take your hand off your tail and place it firmly back on your bandwagon........................ You lot are like Chelsea fans who  call in to radio phone in's and start the call with "I've been going for XXX years" why do they so this? To bat off the "where where you when you where excrement" jibes.

Yes you are doing well at the moment but as the say "money makes the world go around" or the "project" at least.

Posted by: Impish2, September 1, 2018, 11:24pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from newarkmariner
Hahahahahahahahaha, wow Akindepen you seriously believe Mr hoof ball Cowley is the greatest manager to walk the earth, are you one off these special people who get convinced to go on britains got talent just for normal folk to laugh at , You quite clearly have only just started watching football or your smoking rastarfarian old holburn (just say no kids).Dimler

I keep reading about you often hoofing the ball aimlessly up to forwards that struggle to win the ball, like today against Yeovil.  

We mix it pretty well. D Cowley does get us playing a bit more football with the players we have this season (even though he has no tactical nouse) and without Rhead it's a lot more evident.  All 3 goals against Exeter today were well made and along the ground without a single hoof for any of them.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 1, 2018, 11:26pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from AkindePen

Do one ya div...how about you post on your site rather than feeling the need to gloat on our forum..you really are a complete tw@t!!!
Posted by: LH, September 1, 2018, 11:28pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Impish2

I keep reading about you often hoofing the ball aimlessly up to forwards that struggle to win the ball, like today against Yeovil.  

We mix it pretty well. D Cowley does get us playing a bit more football with the players we have this season (even though he has no tactical nouse) and without Rhead it's a lot more evident.  All 3 goals against Exeter today were well made and along the ground without a single hoof for any of them.

Why on earth are you reading and posting on our forum when you’re top you absolute weirdo?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 1, 2018, 11:41pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from Impish2

[b]Bit in bold above /b] - Players you have "bought" this season and no doubt signed based un the wages you can pay rather than their desire to join who you might believe o be the Supreme Kings of Europe.

Posted by: Grantley, September 1, 2018, 11:50pm; Reply: 64
They’re enjoying updating the the ongoing thread they have about us. There are a lot of chips on a lot of shoulders over there. They’re paying players 4K a week, of course they’re going to finish above us.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 2, 2018, 12:02am; Reply: 65
Quoted from Impish2

Impish, we really don't give a shite bud, yes, you are top of the pile, somewhere we were not so many moons ago, only we were top of the championship, when you get there I'll give you n.lincoln some credit, until then you'll remain a plastic club, paying over the top wages trying to buy your way into football fortune....let's revisit this after xmas, I'm convinced it will be a very different story...
Posted by: Bradford Mariner, September 2, 2018, 12:42pm; Reply: 66
How on earth can anyone deny that the Cowley's are doing a great job at Lincoln?

I reckon many of our fans would love to see us achieving the same level of success and, hopefully, MJ can find the right formula to do just that.

UTM
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 2, 2018, 1:02pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from Bradford Mariner
How on earth can anyone deny that the Cowley's are doing a great job at Lincoln?

I reckon many of our fans would love to see us achieving the same level of success and, hopefully, MJ can find the right formula to do just that.

UTM

No body can argue they are having some success, what the problem is this...lincoln fans jumping on our forum claiming these 2 ex teachers are the next matt busby after a year of relative football fortune....as I said, when they are managing at a decent level then I'll eat my words and publicly apologise for lambasting their approach to how you play football....
Posted by: MarinerGaz, September 2, 2018, 1:08pm; Reply: 68
Funny, somehow reminds me of the banter with that MonkeyHanger guy a while back...
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, September 2, 2018, 3:12pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from Impish2

So you’re telling me that you’ve travelled down to Exeter and watched your team win 3-0 & your 1st thought is too post on your rivals messageboard? Hahaha, that made me chuckle.
Posted by: Impish2, September 2, 2018, 3:24pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

So you’re telling me that you’ve travelled down to Exeter and watched your team win 3-0 & your 1st thought is too post on your rivals messageboard? Hahaha, that made me chuckle.

No, I didn't travel to Exeter, don't get to many away games anymore.

I was replying to defend my club about a few things. I don't come on here to gloat.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 2, 2018, 8:06pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from Impish2

I was replying to defend my club about a few things. I don't come on here to gloat.

Really?
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 2, 2018, 10:45pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from Impish2

Steady on, you'll have someone's eyes out Pinocchio  ;D

or is it because you are lonely with all the new faces at Sincil male masturbation you don't recognise anyone yet enough to talk to them.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 2, 2018, 10:49pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from Hagrid

Why? Sure he's a knob, but when did that count?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 3, 2018, 6:07am; Reply: 74
Quoted from MarinerGaz
Funny, somehow reminds me of the banter with that MonkeyHanger guy a while back...

I don`t post but often venture onto the poolie bunker to read the utter despair.Never fails to cheer me up after they went to great lengths to mention 8-1 and feeder club ;D
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 10:52am