Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: davmariner, March 20, 2018, 12:06am
In light of his unacceptable performances for a lot of the season, should Clarke be stripped of the captaincy for the final eight games of the season? Do comment below who should replace him if you go with yes.

Please note in light of the controversy of voting with ticks and crosses, I have returned to using the poll function. ;)
Posted by: davmariner, March 20, 2018, 12:08am; Reply: 1
McKeown.
Posted by: livosnose, March 20, 2018, 1:08am; Reply: 2
Macca
Posted by: livosnose, March 20, 2018, 1:10am; Reply: 3
I hate the fat kunt but it might do him the world of good concentrating on what he does best .... eating then football
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 20, 2018, 6:49am; Reply: 4
I think he’s shite, but stripping him of the captaincy now would only be a negative move. He hasn’t been very good, maybe his legs are going at 33. He’s been on a downer for some time and was relegated last season. I don’t doubt he is giving his best.

None of us are amongst the squad, but it’s very clear it lacks leaders in every area. I don’t seen any point in changing Captain now.

Anyway giving a player an armband doesn’t mean he has to be the only one geeing up, organising and leading by example.
Posted by: pizzzza, March 20, 2018, 6:52am; Reply: 5
Disley
Posted by: golfer, March 20, 2018, 7:33am; Reply: 6
Sommerfield
Posted by: oochiad, March 20, 2018, 7:41am; Reply: 7
Summerfield all day long.
Posted by: Yoda, March 20, 2018, 7:47am; Reply: 8
Collins.
Posted by: Orange_Sauce, March 20, 2018, 7:48am; Reply: 9
Doesn't need to be stripped of the captaincy, just not selected in the starting 11, so by default there has to be another on field captain.

Macca.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 20, 2018, 8:02am; Reply: 10
Captain Mainwaring. Don't panic.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 20, 2018, 8:13am; Reply: 11
When the captain of a team is so poor I always think it sets the bar for the others to be poor , he costs a goal virtually every game so shouldn’t be in the first 11

Macca for captain
Posted by: TAGG, March 20, 2018, 8:22am; Reply: 12
8 games to go.
Confidence of the team at an historical low.
Team need all the support we can give them.
Players read this forum.

Why the intercourse do we need a poll like this right now???

Someone else wearing the arm band at this stage will effect the team not a not.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 20, 2018, 8:28am; Reply: 13
Sorry but if players choose to read this forum then they are fair game. They are humiliating us on a weekly basis. Is it their fault? Probably not, it's Slade's in the first instance and the ultimately the 'boards' for making the very same mistakes that led to our relegation last time. Unforgivable and a disgrace.

The players are just shite, we could all pretend they aren't but 17 games without a win tells its own story. They need to man up and get us over the line. Then the vast majority can leave the town, never to return.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 20, 2018, 8:55am; Reply: 14
Amen to that Vicar.
Posted by: Perkins, March 20, 2018, 10:40am; Reply: 15
Don't bother with a captain, all he does is shake hands before the kick off , and anyone can do that. The idea of a captain is to lead, and  we don't have one of those at the moment.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 20, 2018, 10:50am; Reply: 16
Michael Jolley will want his own man as captain,

Trouble is he is not at the club yet.
Posted by: Ipswin, March 20, 2018, 10:55am; Reply: 17
Well that's done a lot for Clarke's confidence to add to the constant slagging off of Matt, Kelly, Vernon, Hooper, Dixon, Berrett, Rose, and Woolford  doesn't leave many who would want to turn out for the club let alone be captain.

There has been a call to get rid of everyone bar Macca, Mills and Clifton at the end of the season, no need, there will be a rush to the exit

I thought we were supposed to getting behind the players on the vital run in. Now Slade has gone are we looking for another target to blame?
Posted by: davmariner, March 20, 2018, 11:05am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Ipswin
Well that's done a lot for Clarke's confidence to add to the constant slagging off of Matt, Kelly, Vernon, Hooper, Dixon, Berrett, Rose, and Woolford  doesn't leave many who would want to turn out for the club let alone be captain.

There has been a call to get rid of everyone bar Macca, Mills and Clifton at the end of the season, no need, there will be a rush to the exit

I thought we were supposed to getting behind the players on the vital run in. Now Slade has gone are we looking for another target to blame?

They’ve gone nearly 20 games without winning. What do you expect? Naturally, questions are going to be asked.
Posted by: Ipswin, March 20, 2018, 11:28am; Reply: 19
Quoted from davmariner

They’ve gone nearly 20 games without winning. What do you expect? Naturally, questions are going to be asked.

Of course but they should be asked of Slade, Wilkinson and Fenty and, if the winless run continues, Jolley. Moan about the team as a whole by all means, all fans do don't we? But leave off individuals, if anything they are all as bad as each other, no one is exempt. Slag them off as a group but then get behind them as a group too, not just Saint Macca and Master Clifton

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 20, 2018, 11:58am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Ipswin

Of course but they should be asked of Slade, Wilkinson and Fenty and, if the winless run continues, Jolley. Moan about the team as a whole by all means, all fans do don't we? But leave off individuals, if anything they are all as bad as each other, no one is exempt. Slag them off as a group but then get behind them as a group too, not just Saint Macca and Master Clifton

Macca and Clifton have been exempt of criticism simply because their efforts actually look like they care
Posted by: Posh Harry, March 20, 2018, 12:43pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Ipswin

Says the man who used to slag off our best player, biggest asset and highest scorer Mr Bogle.

Posted by: Ipswin, March 20, 2018, 12:56pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Posh Harry

Says the man who used to slag off our best player, biggest asset and highest scorer Mr Bogle.

I never slagged off his performances as I rarely saw him and I never comment on individual players in matches I have not seen.

If you would like to waste an hour or so checking you will see I did not like the man, did not rate the man as ridiculously highly as some on here (the Premiership was mentioned for felicitations sake!) proven right by his record since leaving Town for pastures new (the grass is still probably still greener, in front of the bench at Peterborough, though as he's raking in the £££s) but I did not single him out for blame or criticism of his performances

Posted by: RoboCod, March 20, 2018, 1:01pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Ipswin

I never slagged off his performances as I rarely saw him and I never comment on individual players in matches I have not seen.

If you would like to waste an hour or so checking you will see I did not like the man, did not rate the man as ridiculously highly as some on here (the Premiership was mentioned for felicitations sake!) proven right by his record since leaving Town for pastures new (the grass is still probably still greener, in front of the bench at Peterborough, though as he's raking in the £££s) but I did not single him out for blame or criticism of his performances

;D You spent rather more than an hour obsessing about his 'dodgy' knee and how we'd been sold a duffer. Completely wrong.
I liked Bogle, I'd fu**ing worship the guy now.

Posted by: Posh Harry, March 20, 2018, 1:14pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Ipswin

So you never slagged off his performances as you wouldn’t do that if you haven’t seen individual performances, but you did (therefore I assume do) not like the man, so I assume you knew him personally or have met him to make that judgement?

Posted by: ginnywings, March 20, 2018, 1:18pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Ipswin

I think the prevailing view of most was that he was too good for this level and was probably about lower end of Championship level, and probably worth around a million quid as a punt for a side lacking goals. That turned out to be the case.
Posted by: Ipswin, March 20, 2018, 1:21pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from RoboCod

;D You spent rather more than an hour obsessing about his 'dodgy' knee and how we'd been sold a duffer. Completely wrong.
I liked Bogle, I'd fu**ing worship the guy now.

You could always go and watch Wigan, sorry, Cardiff oh no, Peterborough

Posted by: Ipswin, March 20, 2018, 1:23pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from ginnywings

I think the prevailing view of most was that he was probably worth around a million quid as a punt for a side lacking goals. That turned out to be the case.

But it didn't though did it? He was hardly prolific at Wigan and soon moved on

Posted by: ginnywings, March 20, 2018, 1:48pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Ipswin

But it didn't though did it? He was hardly prolific at Wigan and soon moved on

But it did. He went to a higher division for 1 million and was then sold to Cardiff for 700,000. Those are facts and he was judged to be good enough for that level by two different managers, one of whom is a very successful manager at that level. Wigan sold him because they got relegated to League 1. The fact he is currently on loan is neither here nor there. Harry Kane was once on loan to Orient. He scored three goals for Cardiff, got an injury, then couldn't get back in the side. Doesn't mean he won't go back there and be a success. He's not a top end striker agreed, but he is way better than you said he was at the time he was here.
Posted by: RoboCod, March 20, 2018, 1:56pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Ipswin

You could always go and watch Wigan, sorry, Cardiff oh no, Peterborough

You could always say..oh yeah, ha ha, I remember saying he was crocked, we'd wasted out transfer kitty  cos he missed a couple of pre-season friendlies with a sore knee when he signed, silly me, he was fine and went on to get us promoted, ha ha...

But you won't.
Posted by: toontown, March 20, 2018, 5:26pm; Reply: 30
Swin you commented on his individual performance in the braintree semi 2nd leg, slagging him off and saying he should be subbed. Can't be bothered to check but pretty sure of that. He was our best outlet that day, kept persisting, and got the goal to put us through to Wembley. Probably drunk you right off!  ;)
Posted by: golfer, March 21, 2018, 6:17pm; Reply: 31
Reverend Ipswin ?
Posted by: oldun, March 22, 2018, 4:58pm; Reply: 32
I know Macca is worshipped in these parts and his howlers are somehow overlooked cos he is a good lad and he cares. He cares so much he handed in a transfer request when he had some serious competition. Anyway my point is I am not in favour of goalkeepers as captains, they are too far from the action. Ideally a midfielder and Summers could do it, but I see no point in changing at present, unless of course Clarke loses his place in the team. My understanding is team captains also earn a bit more.
Posted by: rancido, March 22, 2018, 7:06pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from oldun
I know Macca is worshipped in these parts and his howlers are somehow overlooked cos he is a good lad and he cares. He cares so much he handed in a transfer request when he had some serious competition. Anyway my point is I am not in favour of goalkeepers as captains, they are too far from the action. Ideally a midfielder and Summers could do it, but I see no point in changing at present, unless of course Clarke loses his place in the team. My understanding is team captains also earn a bit more.

I agree , it's hard to inspire and motivate the team from the penalty area. Directing play, grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck and motivating players can only really be achieved from by an outfield player preferably by a mid-fielder or central defender.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 7:18pm