Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheCodfather1966, February 19, 2018, 3:38pm
First of all who the frig is he, and according to Wikepedia, he is now our manager, appointed today................  if true this club lurches from one disaster to another...

UTM
Posted by: GrimRob, February 19, 2018, 3:44pm; Reply: 1
If you don't know who he is how can you be so certain he's a disastrous appointment?

P.S. the page on Wikipedia was last edited by an anonymous mobile user
Posted by: TheCodfather1966, February 19, 2018, 3:46pm; Reply: 2
Fair point, even by your standards............  nobody can be as bad as Slade and Wilko............ 8)
Posted by: barrattstandman, February 19, 2018, 3:47pm; Reply: 3
Wikipedia states that citation needed . This presumably means anyone can put this in not is not necessarily true. This sort of thing has been done before with the knowhow. Beyond me but it seems possible
Posted by: GTFCH, February 19, 2018, 3:47pm; Reply: 4
Agreed I can’t understand why Guardiola hasn’t been lined up for the job! Why aren’t we trying to poach him...insane!
Posted by: pontoonlew, February 19, 2018, 3:48pm; Reply: 5
4pts clear at top of Conference on a shoe string budget, looks shite....
Posted by: barrattstandman, February 19, 2018, 3:56pm; Reply: 6
Major point against him is that he is 53 yrs old. Never managed in Football League, so why hasn’t he been picked up by now if he is any good
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 19, 2018, 4:00pm; Reply: 7
I see Macclesfield have a massive game tomorrow night at Tranmere, so even if it is him, I can't imagine we will hear anything till midweek?
Posted by: TheCodfather1966, February 19, 2018, 4:05pm; Reply: 8
My point was it just seems very quick and possibly not thought out too well.  Nothing against John Askey at all, and he has done a fantastic job at Macclesfield Town this season, no question about that at all.  Lets face it, Noddy and Big Ears would be better than Slade and Wilko, so whoever comes in, I for one will support to the max.

UTM
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 19, 2018, 4:14pm; Reply: 9
It now says that he's manager of Cambridge!!
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 19, 2018, 4:16pm; Reply: 10
According to Wiki, he has just been appointed Cambridge Utd manager

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Askey
Posted by: LH, February 19, 2018, 4:26pm; Reply: 11
Oh it’s getting ridiculous now. It says he’s Barca manager. Who can take that website seriously any more?!  ::)
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 19, 2018, 4:31pm; Reply: 12
Typical Fenty, letting him go to Cambridge for peanuts and then missing out on the financial windfall now that Barca have him. Fenty Out!
Posted by: moosey_club, February 19, 2018, 4:43pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from LH
Oh it’s getting ridiculous now. It says he’s Barca manager. Who can take that website seriously any more?!  ::)

Perhaps he is doing it himself to raise his profile.........obviously he can use a computer...  that's 1 box ticked  ;)
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, February 19, 2018, 4:49pm; Reply: 14
He was  on a six minute rolling contract
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, February 19, 2018, 4:59pm; Reply: 15
I did tell you that Askey was interviewed last Wednesday in a previous post !

Reliable source too !
Posted by: HistonMariner, February 19, 2018, 5:03pm; Reply: 16
It actually says Manager of Barcelona and Yeovil.

Macclesfield play Tranmere on Tuesday. So if it is to be Askey I guess it will be after that if it is not to be Phil Brown. I
expect the former. 2 possibilities from either end of the desired spectrum as seen on here.

Suspect there will be stick flying about despite him coming from a lower level wanting to prove himself as wanted by
many though agreed not everyone.
Suspect there will be stick flying about because it’s happened too quick despite many (probably the majority) not
wanting Wilco to remain in charge after the frustration of Saturday.
Suspect we’ll hear about it being a panic move without due diligence despite my belief ( perhaps naively) that the thought process didn’t’ begin after the sacking of RS.
Suspect we’ll hear about it being a cheap option despite my belief that something must have enticed him out of Macclesfield after over 30 years.( It could of course be the fresh sea air or even the supporters )

Basically it appears to me to be a case of being “ Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t “
I am prepared and want to be part of a supportive B&W Army. UTMM.

Trust there is plenty of red ink.

Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 19, 2018, 5:06pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from TheCodfather1966
My point was it just seems very quick and possibly not thought out too well.  Nothing against John Askey at all, and he has done a fantastic job at Macclesfield Town this season, no question about that at all.  Lets face it, Noddy and Big Ears would be better than Slade and Wilko, so whoever comes in, I for one will support to the max.

UTM

No they wouldn't, they're too busy in the boardroom.
Posted by: GrimRob, February 19, 2018, 5:08pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from barrattstandman
Wikipedia states that citation needed . This presumably means anyone can put this in not is not necessarily true. This sort of thing has been done before with the knowhow. Beyond me but it seems possible

It's not very hi tech. You just click on the Edit button at the top of the page. Anyone can contribute to Wikipedia. A few pages are locked down, but most are open to anyone changing it.
Posted by: GrimRob, February 19, 2018, 5:11pm; Reply: 19
The page has been locked now due to "Persistent vandalism". Children!  ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=John_Askey&action=history
Posted by: realist, February 19, 2018, 5:13pm; Reply: 20
There is a meeting at a secret location as we speak. Should be some news soon
Posted by: Marinerz93, February 19, 2018, 5:15pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from realist

How soon is now

[youtube]M9EjE4qm7b8[/youtube]
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2018, 5:16pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from realist

Not completely secret then.
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), February 19, 2018, 5:16pm; Reply: 23
To be fair to the guy, not withstanding he is 53, he looks to have made some decent progress.

Macclesfield appear to have stood by him well in this stint as gaffer for a few seasons now, and allowed him to learn and build, in much the same way as what Paul Hurst was allowed to here. And it looks like he is about to deliver for Macclesfield with them sitting pretty at the top of the league and hopeful of automatic promotion to the Football League.

Without knowing too much about his background, his style of play, or the way he operates as a manager; on the face of it he looks like somebody that could fit the mould as an emerging manager with good prospects.

I for one wouldn't get too hung up on him being around his 50's before getting a chance as a Number 1. I am not ageist. In fact, this could actually be a benefit to him, if he has spent his time working away at developing himself as a good coach leading up to where he is now.
Posted by: realist, February 19, 2018, 5:16pm; Reply: 24
Seriously. I have been working at North Thorseby and watched all the board go by.
Might be jumping to completely the wrong conclusion but I am sure somebody shouted "shut up" as they drove past
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2018, 5:18pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from realist
Seriously. I have been working at North Thorseby and watched all the board go by.

Are you a traffic cop?  :)
Posted by: realist, February 19, 2018, 5:20pm; Reply: 26
Worse, I dig holes in the road and cause huge tailbacks
Posted by: GollyGTFC, February 19, 2018, 5:24pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from realist

Meeting room at Ferrybridge services?
Posted by: Perkins, February 19, 2018, 5:33pm; Reply: 28
RH just said new managerial appointment will be announced  within the next 24 hours.
Posted by: Cayman_mariner, February 19, 2018, 5:41pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Perkins
RH just said new managerial appointment will be announced  within the next 24 hours.

Lets hope there's emphasis on the word 'new' then.

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 19, 2018, 5:53pm; Reply: 30
I watched Macclesfield tear Wrexham apart earlier in the season , Pearson had a tough time against their front 2 who look ten times better than we have
Posted by: GollyGTFC, February 19, 2018, 6:12pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Perkins

Can’t see it being Askey if that timeframe is correct. Likely to point towards someone unemployed so likely Phil Brown or maybe John Sheridan. I don’t think Wilko would be given the job full time until the end of the season and after Saturday I imagine the board would be keen to appoint someone ASAP.
Posted by: Tinymariner, February 19, 2018, 6:14pm; Reply: 32
I would be very surprised if Askey departs Macc whilst they are in top position, although managers have done it in the past, I'm sure it happened to Scunny.
Posted by: Will Haddock, February 19, 2018, 6:21pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Can’t see it being Askey if that timeframe is correct. Likely to point towards someone unemployed so likely Phil Brown or maybe John Sheridan. I don’t think Wilko would be given the job full time until the end of the season and after Saturday I imagine the board would be keen to appoint someone ASAP.

Sheridan - recent jobs at Newport and Oldham leave little to be confident about, but has survived relegation and got teams to play-offs
Posted by: Father Christmas, February 19, 2018, 6:26pm; Reply: 34
Lee Clark
Posted by: davmariner, February 19, 2018, 6:29pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I don’t see the timeframe issue. If it’s all agreed and he’s no longer going to be Macclesfield manager then whether they’ve got a game tomorrow night is irrelevant.
Posted by: buckstown, February 19, 2018, 6:31pm; Reply: 36
I can't believe its Askey although their forum suggests he's had a big fall out with the chairman recently. Surely we would have heard something through Macclesfield if we were trying to nick their manager while their top of the league?
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 19, 2018, 6:32pm; Reply: 37
Has Paul Cox been mentioned at all?

I see he was sacked by Guiseley last week
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 19, 2018, 6:34pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from arryarryarry
Has Paul Cox been mentioned at all?

I see he was sacked by Guiseley last week

Yes mentioned and dismissed
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 19, 2018, 6:34pm; Reply: 39
Who does Matt Dean say it is ?  :)
Posted by: GollyGTFC, February 19, 2018, 6:40pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Will Haddock

Sheridan - recent jobs at Newport and Oldham leave little to be confident about, but has survived relegation and got teams to play-offs

John Sheridan is the ultimate survival expert- gets results with dross. As much as I think we’re not in the imminent doom that some people seem to think we are I think we have to make an appointment which is more concerned with the next 2 months than the next 2 seasons.
Posted by: golfer, February 19, 2018, 6:46pm; Reply: 41
Barbed wire has been placed around Adam Murrays house with a sign saying "Keep Off-he'll cost you 50 quid "      That's us out of the running then.
Posted by: wigworld, February 19, 2018, 7:40pm; Reply: 42
[url]https://aidanthomasjonesmedia.wordpress.com/2018/02/02/macclesfield-town-manager-john-askey-and-club-chairman-fall-out/[/url]
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 19, 2018, 7:43pm; Reply: 43
Dated feb 2 people fall out and back in all the time
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2018, 7:46pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Still got no budget though. Maybe he fancies working at a club that can sign enough players for two teams.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, February 19, 2018, 7:48pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from ginnywings

Still got no budget though. Maybe he fancies working at a club that can sign enough players for two teams.

Two really excrement teams  ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2018, 7:55pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Yeah, true.  :B

Posted by: RoboCod, February 19, 2018, 8:10pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Even in training our practise games are 0-0 ::)
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, February 19, 2018, 8:14pm; Reply: 48
Two clean sheets though! And both were really unlucky not to win it.
Posted by: forza ivano, February 19, 2018, 8:16pm; Reply: 49

Have an look at their forum.people not being paid, askey not to talking to their official media, still at odds with the owner
Posted by: forza ivano, February 19, 2018, 8:22pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from realist

It's such a secret meeting that we know who's attending, where it is and when it is thanks to you. Thank Christ fenty isn't anything to do with MI 5 ;D
Posted by: golfer, February 19, 2018, 8:35pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from RoboCod

Even in training our practise games are 0-0 ::)

And that's with the goal posts 20yds apart
Posted by: TAGG, February 19, 2018, 8:37pm; Reply: 52
Been at Mac for years.
What has he ever done???
If he was as good as some say why has he never been picked up by another club??
If he is Fentys next disaster in waiting I will never go to BP again.
Posted by: forza ivano, February 19, 2018, 8:41pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from TAGG
Been at Mac for years.
What has he ever done???

Nothing like giving a bloke a chance...... ;)
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, February 19, 2018, 8:43pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from TAGG
Been at Mac for years.
What has he ever done???

Maybe he has been approached but because he's Macc through and through he didn't want to leave.  This recent disagreement with the owners could have changed his mind.

Posted by: Davec, February 19, 2018, 8:52pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Perkins

Not calling you a liar but I can see absolutely nothing of this on Twitter or anything
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, February 19, 2018, 8:53pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from TAGG
Been at Mac for years.
What has he ever done???

I had never heard of him till last week. However he has taken Macc to the top of the league it took us 6 years to get out of with Hurst and that was only via the play offs. He has a very small budget, and he must know a lot of up and coming players from the National League that he might like to sign.

If it is him I am sure most fans would wish him well. Unfortunately we are not in a position to pick and choose a top, top manager but then I cannot remember when we ever have been to be honest.

Perhaps we will know more tomorrow.
Posted by: TAGG, February 19, 2018, 8:56pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from forza ivano

Nothing like giving a bloke a chance...... ;)

Seen this posted by a few.
Why should we give a bloke a chance who has done nothing in his managerial career????
Posted by: TAGG, February 19, 2018, 9:04pm; Reply: 58
If we are going down the cheep as chips route with a non league manager at least get someone who has won something.
Marcus Newell comes to mind.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 19, 2018, 9:06pm; Reply: 59
Winning the NCEL is definitely more worthy of managing a L2 team than being top of the league below on a shoestring budget.
Posted by: TAGG, February 19, 2018, 9:12pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Abdul19
Winning the NCEL is definitely more worthy of managing a L2 team than being top of the league below on a shoestring budget.

This is my point neither are qualified to manage our club
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 19, 2018, 9:16pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Davec

Not calling you a liar but I can see absolutely nothing of this on Twitter or anything

On RH news bulletin at 5.25 an announcement expected with 24 Hours.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2018, 9:16pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from TAGG
If we are going down the cheep as chips route with a non league manager at least get someone who has won something.
Marcus Newell comes to mind.

I had a little bit (not much mind) sympathy with your point until this post. Marcus Newell has won stuff and Askey hasn't seems to be your reasoning. The circumstances both managers are working in seem to have no bearing whatsoever in your argument.

I've won leagues and cups at an amateur level. Perhaps i was good enough to play for England if only someone had given me the chance?
Posted by: Grim74, February 19, 2018, 9:18pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from ginnywings

I had a little bit (not much mind) sympathy with your point until this post. Marcus Newell has won stuff and Askey hasn't seems to be your reasoning. The circumstances both managers are working in seem to have no bearing whatsoever in your argument.

I've won leagues and cups at an amateur level. Perhaps i was good enough to play for England if only someone had given me the chance?

You do talk some bollox sometimes.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 19, 2018, 9:18pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from GrimRob
The page has been locked now due to "Persistent vandalism". Children!  ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=John_Askey&action=history

The Fishy runs Wiki too now ..... get in.
Posted by: forza ivano, February 19, 2018, 9:19pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Grim74

Pot, kettle, black are the words that immediately spring to mind
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 19, 2018, 9:23pm; Reply: 66
Everybody as friendly as ever with those who share different views, as we will never agree on a suitable appointment I would at least expect, whoever gets the job, that the majority of fans would give the new guy a chance and go down to BP to see if things have improved.

Obviously Tagg will not be in that majority
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 19, 2018, 9:24pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from TAGG

Seen this posted by a few.
Why should we give a bloke a chance who has done nothing in his managerial career????

Well Slade got two chances and he's won f*** all.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 19, 2018, 9:24pm; Reply: 68
Everybody as friendly as ever with those who share different views, as we will never agree on a suitable appointment I would at least expect, whoever gets the job, that the majority of fans would give the new guy a chance and go down to BP to see if things have improved.

Obviously Tagg will not be in that majority
Posted by: Father Christmas, February 19, 2018, 9:29pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from forza ivano

Pot, kettle, black are the words that immediately spring to mind

Black, pot, kettle
Posted by: TAGG, February 19, 2018, 9:34pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Well Slade got two chances and he's won f*** all.

Yes another great decision by Fenty
Two days before Slade was appointed I posted on here 'SLADE OUT' and got the same excrement as I am now.
That's why the fishy is so great 👍👍👍👍👍
Posted by: forza ivano, February 19, 2018, 9:35pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from Father Christmas

Black, pot, kettle

Kettle, black, pot?
Posted by: sam gy, February 19, 2018, 9:41pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from TAGG

Yes another great decision by Fenty
Two days before Slade was appointed I posted on here 'SLADE OUT' and got the same excrement as I am now.
That's why the fishy is so great 👍👍👍👍👍

Yes, you are a genius.

Jesus, forgive me for I have sinned. I didn’t want our new manager sacked instantly, and I was prepared to give him my backing because...you know....I support my football club.

I know the club gives us very little to hang on to when it comes to supporting the club, but if we can’t even have a tiny sense of optimism that a manager might do ok, then really....what’s the flipping point?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 19, 2018, 9:42pm; Reply: 73
I just have this horrible feeling it will be Wilkinson and if it is then I'm pretty sure we will be playing conference football next season.

But on a brighter note I will be £18 a week up because I won't step a foot in Blundell park if this happens.

Call me what you want but I couldn't possibly take anymore of this excrement.

Hope it's askey now I've depressed myself into oblivion.
Posted by: gytone, February 19, 2018, 9:42pm; Reply: 74
FFS, if it happens to be Askey give him a chance 😡
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 19, 2018, 9:47pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I just have this horrible feeling it will be Wilkinson and if it is then I'm pretty sure we will be playing conference football next season.

But on a brighter note I will be £18 a week up because I won't step a foot in Blundell park if this happens.

Well let's put it this way if all you say comes true as in Wilko gets the job and takes us down........ I won't be renewing my season ticket and I will be cherry picking my games......and that's only if we are making some sort of a challenge.

Posted by: hheh2, February 19, 2018, 9:50pm; Reply: 76
It can't be Wilko theres no way
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2018, 9:50pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from Grim74

I take that as a compliment from you.  ;)
Posted by: TAGG, February 19, 2018, 9:52pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from sam gy

Yes, you are a genius.

Jesus, forgive me for I have sinned. I didn’t want our new manager sacked instantly, and I was prepared to give him my backing because...you know....I support my football club.

I know the club gives us very little to hang on to when it comes to supporting the club, but if we can’t even have a tiny sense of optimism that a manager might do ok, then really....what’s the flipping point?

Ye didn't have to be a genius to see Slade was going to be a disaster. It was obvious that a man who had never won a thing, been sacked a number of times, was well as being on the way down and unemployable to everyone else except Mr J Fenty
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2018, 9:54pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from TAGG

Ye didn't have to be a genius to see Slade was going to be a disaster. It was obvious that a man who had never won a thing, been sacked a number of times, was well as being on the way down and unemployable to everyone else except Mr J Fenty

Can't disagree with that.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2018, 9:55pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from jonnyboy82

I have every sympathy for your opinion and choice, but surely one game in charge is a bit harsh to come to that conclusion?
Posted by: Hagrid, February 19, 2018, 9:58pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from ginnywings

I have every sympathy for your opinion and choice, but surely one game in charge is a bit harsh to come to that conclusion?

I went to cambridge. Id already said he should’ve gone with slade and i dont want him in charge of this club. He’s done nothing to convince me he will do any good for us, we need someone new
Posted by: RichMariner, February 19, 2018, 9:58pm; Reply: 82
I didn't want to be too critical of Wilkinson ahead of the Cambridge match and was happy with the idea of him seeing us through to the end of the season, but his decision to broadly keep the same team, playing the same way and losing the match sort makes me believe that this appointment has to be someone with fresh ideas and totally external to the club.

If it's Askey, I think it's the board's intentions to (obviously) stay up and then build steadily next season. If Fenty wants his loans back he needs to find more Omar Bogles to sell and Askey might be that man from his time in non-league.

If we're not bringing through our own youth players then finding other rough diamonds is the only way to make money if we're just going to tread water in League 2 while we stabilise the club and rebuild a bit of balance (which I'd be happy with for long term gains).

I'd prefer it if we could bring through the likes of Clifton and Wright to sell on, but unless the new manager sees and believes in their potential it needs to come as a directive from the board.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, February 19, 2018, 10:02pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from RichMariner
I didn't want to be too critical of Wilkinson ahead of the Cambridge match and was happy with the idea of him seeing us through to the end of the season, but his decision to broadly keep the same team, playing the same way and losing the match sort makes me believe that this appointment has to be someone with fresh ideas and totally external to the club.

If it's Askey, I think it's the board's intentions to (obviously) stay up and then build steadily next season. If Fenty wants his loans back he needs to find more Omar Bogles to sell and Askey might be that man from his time in non-league.

If we're not bringing through our own youth players then finding other rough diamonds is the only way to make money if we're just going to tread water in League 2 while we stabilise the club and rebuild a bit of balance (which I'd be happy with for long term gains).

I'd prefer it if we could bring through the likes of Clifton and Wright to sell on, but unless the new manager sees and believes in their potential it needs to come as a directive from the board.

You're far to logical mate shame our board isn't , same mistakes being repeated I'm afraid which will end in the same end result
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2018, 10:03pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from Hagrid

I went to cambridge. Id already said he should’ve gone with slade and i dont want him in charge of this club. He’s done nothing to convince me he will do any good for us, we need someone new

Fair enough, but he does seem to be getting tarred with a very large Slade shaped brush.
Posted by: davmariner, February 19, 2018, 10:14pm; Reply: 85
Controversial, but I’ve heard a whisper that it won’t be Askey...
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2018, 10:16pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from davmariner

Why controversial?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 19, 2018, 10:17pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from ginnywings

Fair enough, but he does seem to be getting tarred with a very large Slade shaped brush.

Well, he says there wasn't a problem between him & Slade and he clearly advised on some signings so I don't think that's as unfair as you make it sound.
Posted by: Cloudy, February 19, 2018, 10:18pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from davmariner

For what it is worth I don't think it will be Askey
Posted by: davmariner, February 19, 2018, 10:19pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from ginnywings

Why controversial?

Because it goes against what social media and local media outlets are speculating.
Posted by: LH, February 19, 2018, 10:19pm; Reply: 90
I can’t see it being Askey. Hardly anything at the Macc end suggests it is happening.
Posted by: mariner91, February 19, 2018, 10:22pm; Reply: 91
I'm going to be so upset if it's Wilkinson.
Posted by: Grim74, February 19, 2018, 10:23pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from davmariner

Great news he's worse than slade.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2018, 10:27pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from davmariner

Because it goes against what social media and local media outlets are speculating.

Ah! Fair do's. Thought you were going to say Wilko was getting it.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 19, 2018, 10:31pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from ginnywings

Not really, you had to be there, it was Slade Mk2.

If Paul Wilkinson wanted to make a career out of managing a Football League club he should have been brave and left out the plodders, played DJ from the start, I mean he had hardly been on the pitch when he got us the penalty.

As I have mentioned before I really cannot believe that JF will appoint him, it wont stop me going but I will fear for the future of GTFC.

Posted by: arryarryarry, February 19, 2018, 10:33pm; Reply: 95

Yes mentioned and dismissed

OK, I would expect him to have applied for the job though, wouldn't be my choice.
Posted by: ginnywings, February 19, 2018, 10:36pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from arryarryarry

Not really, you had to be there, it was Slade Mk2.

If Paul Wilkinson wanted to make a career out of managing a Football League club he should have been brave and left out the plodders, played DJ from the start, I mean he had hardly been on the pitch when he got us the penalty.

As I have mentioned before I really cannot believe that JF will appoint him, it wont stop me going but I will fear for the future of GTFC.

Fair enough, i bow to the judgement of those who witnessed the game, same with Hagrid. Must say that i was disappointed with his selection and lack of being able to affect change once we went behind.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, February 19, 2018, 10:42pm; Reply: 97
Quoted from ginnywings

Nope.

Sam Kelly and jj Hooper came off a reccomendation from him so that should be enough on its own.

Seriously we need a fresh input and even though I appreciate  wilko for his time as a servant it just can't be him it just can't this decision will take us down.

If ever a time for a fresh voice with new ideas was needed it's now , staying with wilko would be like knowing your car is fvcked but you keep spraying the WD40 and hope it's gonna last another week.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 19, 2018, 10:49pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Nope.

Sam Kelly and jj Hooper came off a reccomendation from him so that should be enough on its own.

Seriously we need a fresh input and even though I appreciate  wilko for his time as a servant it just can't be him it just can't this decision will take us down.

If ever a time for a fresh voice with new ideas was needed it's now , staying with wilko would be like knowing your car is fvcked but you keep spraying the WD40 and hope it's gonna last another week.

I used to do that with an old Austin A40.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, February 19, 2018, 10:56pm; Reply: 99
I'd be happy with Askey. Works within a budget, happy blooding youth and is meant to be a good coach.
Posted by: HistonMariner, February 21, 2018, 12:42pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from HistonMariner
It actually says Manager of Barcelona and Yeovil.

Macclesfield play Tranmere on Tuesday. So if it is to be Askey I guess it will be after that if it is not to be Phil Brown. I
expect the former. 2 possibilities from either end of the desired spectrum as seen on here.

Suspect there will be stick flying about despite him coming from a lower level wanting to prove himself as wanted by
many though agreed not everyone.
Suspect there will be stick flying about because it’s happened too quick despite many (probably the majority) not
wanting Wilco to remain in charge after the frustration of Saturday.
Suspect we’ll hear about it being a panic move without due diligence despite my belief ( perhaps naively) that the thought process didn’t’ begin after the sacking of RS.
Suspect we’ll hear about it being a cheap option despite my belief that something must have enticed him out of Macclesfield after over 30 years.( It could of course be the fresh sea air or even the supporters )

Basically it appears to me to be a case of being “ Damned if you do. Damned if you don’t “
I am prepared and want to be part of a supportive B&W Army. UTMM.

Trust there is plenty of red ink.

Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 7:46am