Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Fat Cobra, November 23, 2017, 3:44pm
Sat earlier having abit of me time and thought, at times like this we could do with a reasonable chap to provide well thought out and reasoned opinions regarding the current state of gtfc.

Golfer was the first that sprung to mind, but nah he hasn't the time with the imminent book launch.

Grimsby Pete? Nah he's to busy prepping for his bout in the ring.

Getyourfactsright? Nah he's too busy with the stadium.

Eureka, 80's glory! If there ever was a time for this man to shine then now is his moment.

80's forgive me of all my wrong doings and slanderous statements. We need you, please come back, the future of gtfc is in your hands.

What happened to him and will he ever return?
Posted by: ginnywings, November 23, 2017, 5:46pm; Reply: 1
He got eaten by vowels.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, November 23, 2017, 5:53pm; Reply: 2
He’s on the search for gold
Posted by: supertown, November 23, 2017, 6:04pm; Reply: 3
Probably went the same way as macca bilk and Spoony , just metamorphosised into someone else
Posted by: bigbadmarinerbob, November 23, 2017, 6:17pm; Reply: 4
He is probably still writing a reply
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 23, 2017, 6:19pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from bigbadmarinerbob
He is probably still writing a reply

👍
Posted by: forza ivano, November 23, 2017, 6:20pm; Reply: 6
Was it 80s glory or macca bilk who was the multi millionaire, genius businessman who played golf with all the regions ' big noises'  and was very good at telling the hot polloi how best to live their lives?
Posted by: davmariner, November 23, 2017, 6:22pm; Reply: 7
Last I heard from him he was posting on the OS forum.
Posted by: Tommy, November 23, 2017, 6:29pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from forza ivano
Was it 80s glory or macca bilk who was the multi millionaire, genius businessman who played golf with all the regions ' big noises'  and was very good at telling the hot polloi how best to live their lives?

Think that was "thebigeasy" wasn't it?

Another one I've just remembered....."roundballovalhole"
Posted by: LH, November 23, 2017, 6:34pm; Reply: 9
Was one called bladerunner too? Massively patriotic Brit with a stars and stripes avatar.
Posted by: barralad, November 23, 2017, 6:49pm; Reply: 10
Was it bladerunner who launched a vitriolic campaign against poor Tim Micklebrough?
Posted by: Croxton, November 23, 2017, 8:43pm; Reply: 11
As an avid Fishy reader for many ears I enjoyed the badinage and breadth of views supplied by 80's and the rest. As an exile and lone traveller the Fishy is the go to guide for away days and companion on the train home. Hopefully, more guests will take the plunge and register to enrich the wider GTFC community. No offence to current posters!
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 23, 2017, 9:07pm; Reply: 12
Whatever happened to that Hammo chap, can't remember his fishy name but he likes 16 to 99?
Posted by: golfer, November 24, 2017, 5:08pm; Reply: 13
Thanks for mentioning our new book launch  " SLADE should be a SPADE". As you entrusted me with the advertising for our latest novel I was hoping that you would understand my wanting to keep it under close wraps until the appropriate time i.e. when the twerp is replaced. Even though the launch is imminent I must remind readers that Fat Cobra and myself are still reaping the rewards of our previous novel " The Snake in the Bunker " on sale in all good bookshops.A clue as  to why he should be called a spade is given on page 200.
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 24, 2017, 5:58pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from golfer
Thanks for mentioning our new book launch  " SLADE should be a SPADE". As you entrusted me with the advertising for our latest novel I was hoping that you would understand my wanting to keep it under close wraps until the appropriate time i.e. when the twerp is replaced. Even though the launch is imminent I must remind readers that Fat Cobra and myself are still reaping the rewards of our previous novel " The Snake in the Bunker " on sale in all good bookshops.A clue as  to why he should be called a spade is given on page 200.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ygYAqtx.gif[/img]
Posted by: crusty ole pie, November 24, 2017, 7:23pm; Reply: 15
I often wonder what happened to hairy haddock did he go bald or have a shave? Now there was a controversial character
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, November 24, 2017, 9:57pm; Reply: 16
Um bongo, ffs  I liked them 2
Posted by: forza ivano, November 25, 2017, 11:56am; Reply: 17
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
Um bongo, ffs  I liked them 2

And the legendary Wayne. Although he's probably just doing another stretch In hm prison lincoln
Posted by: grimps, November 26, 2017, 6:20am; Reply: 18
Quoted from barralad
Was it bladerunner who launched a vitriolic campaign against poor Tim Micklebrough?

Nothing wrong with that ! Tim Micks a twit
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 26, 2017, 6:41am; Reply: 19
As poster names go Hang gliding Jesus still ranks amongst the best I have seen although Dolly sixer was quite good.
Posted by: Mallyner, November 27, 2017, 10:07am; Reply: 20
Quoted from davmariner
Last I heard from him he was posting on the OS forum.

I am fairly sure he is not on there either.

Several years ago when the OS forum was vibrant and I had more time, I used to post on there.
All of a sudden 80s began dissecting my posts virtually letter by letter and in the end I gave up posting, because I was wasting too much precious time.

We had a bit of a spat, but made up and he actually came to introduce himself at the match, after I gave him my seat number. He was much younger than I expected him to be and quite a nice person, who I believe lived somewhere Market Rasen way. He said he couldn't afford to come every week, we shook hands and he disappeared higher up into the Upper Findus and I never saw him again.

He also gave up posting and after an absence of a year or so, somebody said that they missed him and he was obviously reading the posts and came back for a period, until some turned on him.

Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 6:46am