Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, November 22, 2017, 10:46pm

Award winning Siriki interviewed by BBC re his family;   http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42058945
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 22, 2017, 11:08pm; Reply: 1
Cool. Didn't know he'd won until I read that. Hope it's not like the Manager of the Month kiss of death.

Thanks for posting exMM
Posted by: headingly_mariner, November 23, 2017, 8:05am; Reply: 2
If he's not given an improve and extended contract beyond his two years somebody needs their head testing.
Posted by: Rick12, November 23, 2017, 11:24am; Reply: 3
Has the potential to play in the championship.

Of all the players I have seen in the last 5 years play for Grimsby for the first time  Dembele has impressed me the most
Posted by: Rick12, November 23, 2017, 11:27am; Reply: 4
Quoted from headingly_mariner
If he's not given an improve and extended contract beyond his two years somebody needs their head testing.
Thing is will he will want to stay for 2 years with us.I like to think he would but he is a quality player that deserves to play higher up the leagues.

Posted by: cannylad68, November 23, 2017, 11:52am; Reply: 5
He may well be offered an extended/new contract, but he and his agent will decide.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, November 23, 2017, 1:23pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Rick12
Thing is will he will want to stay for 2 years with us.I like to think he would but he is a quality player that deserves to play higher up the leagues.

maybe not, but he might want to earn more money every week on the understanding that he will be sold when it's right for both parties.
Posted by: Kris2, November 23, 2017, 2:49pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from headingly_mariner

maybe not, but he might want to earn more money every week on the understanding that he will be sold when it's right for both parties.

I doubt anyone would sign a contract that says they'll be held hostage and not allowed to advance their career until the club agree to sell them lol. In the end we won't be able to stop him if he's determined to take an offer on the table. It'll either be make some money off him or get nothing when his contract runs out and an unhappy player not up for it because he feels the club is holding him back.

I hope we can keep him for the full season but think there will be interest in January. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Scunthorpe or something come deadline day. Don't think he's ready to hold down a place in the championship for another couple of years but he could easily be a regular starting player in League One.
Posted by: grimsbybrown, November 23, 2017, 3:54pm; Reply: 8
I think Headingly is right.

Isn't part of the answer about setting a release clause value?  The player gets improved wages here and now, the club secure a minimum value for their asset, and the player knows a transfer won't be denied them - as long as the price is realistic.

The price for Dembele, well, that's a whole other question...
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 23, 2017, 3:58pm; Reply: 9
A lot of players have a release clause in their contract,

Barcelona put £198 million on Neymar thinking nobody is daft enough to pay that amount  ;D
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:14am