Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 22, 2017, 10:42am
Last night at the Wigan v Donny game Ryan Colclough not only scored 2 goals in Wigan's 3-0 win.

He got the nod from his dad in the stand that his wife's waters had broke,

So with permission from the manager he subbed himself and went straight to the hospital in his footy gear,

Just in time to see his son being born.

That must be a first, well done to all.
Posted by: jaygy, November 22, 2017, 12:30pm; Reply: 1
Should have gone for his hat trick first 😂

Seriously though that is one great day for him, I bet he's in his element right now
Posted by: LondonMariner43, November 22, 2017, 7:28pm; Reply: 2
I'm pretty certain I remember an announcement years ago for someone in the crowd whose wife had gone into labour, but it may just be one of those apocryphal tales that your hear and end up believing you actually witnessed.  
Posted by: Hameln Mariner, November 22, 2017, 8:42pm; Reply: 3
It was at Stockport away many moons ago. The PA announcer passed the message out but I remember the bloke who was stood near me said that he wasn't going home till full time.
Posted by: LH, November 22, 2017, 9:05pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Hameln Mariner
It was at Stockport away many moons ago. The PA announcer passed the message out but I remember the bloke who was stood near me said that he wasn't going home till full time.

Have to say whenever I hear the “can the owner of a1993 brown Volvo estate” type PA calls if mine ever came up I’d leave it til the end of the game. I mean, how many times are you going to see a 0-0 draw at home... oh.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 22, 2017, 11:14pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from LH

Have to say whenever I hear the can the owner of a “1993 brown Volvo estate” type PA calls if mine ever came up I’d leave it til the end of the game. I mean, how many times are you going to see a 0-0 draw at home... oh.

Havnt heard one of them since 1995... ;D

Pretty sure i have heard at BP ..."would the driver of a coach..."   you just know the away supporters or even team are gonna be delayed on their departure
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 23, 2017, 5:08pm; Reply: 6
So we know he scored in February as well then 😉
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 23, 2017, 5:20pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Civvy at last
So we know he scored in February as well then 😉

It took you a long time to work that out Civvy   ;D
Posted by: Perkins, November 24, 2017, 10:16am; Reply: 8
Quoted from moosey_club

Havnt heard one of them since 1995... ;D

Pretty sure i have heard at BP ..."would the driver of a coach..."   you just know the away supporters or even team are gonna be delayed on their departure

Unless it's a case of "would the driver of the coach return to his vehicle to unlock it, cos Fatty Evans has been ordered to go sit in it"
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 2:14pm