Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 14, 2017, 8:01pm

England XI: Hart, Walker, Bertrand, Gomez, Stones, Maguire, Livermore, Dier, Vardy, Loftus-Cheek, Rashford

Brazil XI: Alisson, Dani Alves, Miranda, Marquinhos, Marcelo, Casemiro, Renato Augusto, Paulinho, G. Jesus, Neymar, Coutinho

Can't see anything but a big Brazil win    :'(  

Latest... Ireland 1-0  Denmark

Posted by: moosey_club, November 14, 2017, 8:49pm; Reply: 1
Afraid to attack with any real gusto....defensively solid......

Southgate is mimicking Russ.
Posted by: TAGG, November 14, 2017, 8:51pm; Reply: 2
Again not watching.
Its as boring as watching Russ and the boys 👎
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, November 14, 2017, 9:04pm; Reply: 3
In Brazil they say that it is just like watching Grimsby Town.

That Neymar pass with the outside of his foot was sublime though.
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 14, 2017, 9:13pm; Reply: 4
Were really missing Jordan Henderson, also why is Rashford taking free kicks that are floated into the box, haven't we a defender/ midfielder capable.
Posted by: TAGG, November 14, 2017, 9:21pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Gaffer58
Were really missing Jordan Henderson, also why is Rashford taking free kicks that are floated into the box, haven't we a defender/ midfielder capable.

Henderson????????
Hes shiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt
Posted by: Fishy_fishtails, November 14, 2017, 9:23pm; Reply: 6
I reckon it's all JF's fault.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 14, 2017, 9:24pm; Reply: 7
Sort it out Slade
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 14, 2017, 9:30pm; Reply: 8
Tagg, the Henderson comment was tongue in cheek, and Slade will be watching this and thinking what a great performance by England, done on possession, done on chances, those Brazilians are much to expressive for league 2.
Posted by: chaos33, November 14, 2017, 10:01pm; Reply: 9
Boring
Posted by: Mariner93er, November 14, 2017, 10:03pm; Reply: 10
Watched the Ireland game instead and it was a cracker.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 14, 2017, 10:07pm; Reply: 11
overall although not easy on the eye as England were parking the bus we certainly limited Brazil to very few opportunities .and in tournament football you have to do that in certain games to stay in games and tournaments.....Gomez looked decent i thought.
Posted by: Meza, November 14, 2017, 10:32pm; Reply: 12
Missing a creation midfielder for me....like a Barkley (when fit and a run of games)  dier was just that dire.  Henderson the new Ray Wilkins.....loftus cheek is decent abd livermore too much like dier and henderson.  

We just dont have enough creative midfielders apart from Wiltshire, Shelvey and Barkley.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 14, 2017, 10:37pm; Reply: 13
Draw every game 0-0 and we can win the WC on pens. Southgate is good at them.
Posted by: Skrill, November 14, 2017, 10:39pm; Reply: 14
I don't see us getting out the group stages tbh (sleeping)

Please prove me wrong England..

At least we are GOING to Russia, unlike Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland!
                                                               (fishfish)        (fishfish)          (fishfish)          (fishfish)
Posted by: mimma, November 14, 2017, 11:57pm; Reply: 15
And Italy!!
Posted by: MarinerBen, November 15, 2017, 12:10am; Reply: 16
Watched the entire match and for a 0-0 thought it was good. Attacking wise Rashford took on the Brazilian defence whilst Vardy tried counter-attacking, the defence was solid and no Henderson in midfield made my year!

Henderson is exactly what is wrong with the first team. I don't watch Premier Tripe but if he still plays for Liverpool I'm astonished.

Brazil arguably fielding their strongest side, England fielding youth, and with minimal subs for a friendly game I for one will not complain.

Did I mention I don't like Henderson? If he's in the World cup team I'm not watching.
Posted by: golfer, November 15, 2017, 8:04am; Reply: 17
I just don't get the reasoning for playing Dier. It's ok setting out a defensive plan when playing the likes of Brazil and Germany but the same system is used in every match. All Dier does is run towards the ball when we are in possession to receive a 5 yard pass. If by some miracle he manages to control the ball he either passes straight back or another 5 yard pass putting another defender under pressure. Last night he made 1 decent forward pass the whole game. He jogs about aimlessly for 90 minutes-I have run marathons faster than his top speed-he has obviously never heard of spatial ability-absolutely useless-might as well play with 10 men-wouldn't even get in a Slade eleven.          P.S.  I am not getting at anyone in particular ??)
Posted by: GrimRob, November 15, 2017, 9:35am; Reply: 18
The format of the tournaments encourages negative football for the underdog. A draw in the group stages is generally ok as long as you beat the 4th seed in the group. You should get enough points to go through win and at least one draw. In the knockout phases extra time and penalties are the best options for the weaker team so if they are smart that's what they'll aim for.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, November 15, 2017, 9:44am; Reply: 19
0-0 against Germany and 0-0 against Brazil. It's coming home lads, it's coming home.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 15, 2017, 10:28am; Reply: 20
Quoted from GrimRob
The format of the tournaments encourages negative football for the underdog. A draw in the group stages is generally ok as long as you beat the 4th seed in the group. You should get enough points to go through win and at least one draw.

In a 24 team tournament yes, but is that the case in a 32?
Posted by: moosey_club, November 15, 2017, 12:20pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from golfer
I just don't get the reasoning for playing Dier. It's ok setting out a defensive plan when playing the likes of Brazil and Germany but the same system is used in every match. All Dier does is run towards the ball when we are in possession to receive a 5 yard pass. If by some miracle he manages to control the ball he either passes straight back or another 5 yard pass putting another defender under pressure. Last night he made 1 decent forward pass the whole game. He jogs about aimlessly for 90 minutes-I have run marathons faster than his top speed-he has obviously never heard of spatial ability-absolutely useless-might as well play with 10 men-wouldn't even get in a Slade eleven.          P.S.  I am not getting at anyone in particular ??)

Most of his second touches were a tackle....

actually i take that back....most of his second touches were a foul

but at least he can take a free kick, the one he had last night was only 5-6 yds wide of the goal.
Posted by: monkeyboy, November 15, 2017, 1:43pm; Reply: 22
Sorry but was encouraged by the last 2 games using largey youth, they showed the first team regulars how to play.

Its hows we may have a good future for the national team, we just need to stop picking people on what club they play for rather than ability.
0-0 against the best team in the world using kids is very positive to me. hope it gives Southgate a selection headache and he does not just pick the usual dross like Slade would.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 8:35pm