Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 13, 2017, 10:45pm

I go to a few reserve games but don't think I can make this one   :-/

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/november/rose-set-for-reserves-run-out/
Posted by: Simariner, November 14, 2017, 11:48am; Reply: 1
Jamey must be close to making a return to the first team???
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 14, 2017, 12:17pm; Reply: 2
Any trialists again?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, November 14, 2017, 12:33pm; Reply: 3
These trialists might aswell have been on a one year contract they been with us that long.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 14, 2017, 2:41pm; Reply: 4
[tweet]930443525619109888[/tweet]
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 14, 2017, 3:12pm; Reply: 5

Cardwell makes it 2-0

The ball is chipped into the box, and Cardwell is in the centre to supply the easiest of headers to double Town’s advantage
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 14, 2017, 3:14pm; Reply: 6
Get Jamey Osborne in the starting XI on Saturday. We need some sort of flair/spark.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, November 14, 2017, 3:21pm; Reply: 7
Osbourne been our mist creative player, against what is essentially Burton youth team, great cross from Kelly providing a headed goal from Cardwell,and on this performance worth trying Kelly at left back, cool finish from Hooper....3-0
Posted by: Grimbiggs, November 14, 2017, 3:35pm; Reply: 8
4-0 77th min....Hooper penalty
Posted by: Abdul19, November 14, 2017, 3:49pm; Reply: 9
5-0 Powles
Posted by: Grimbiggs, November 14, 2017, 3:55pm; Reply: 10
Final score Town 5-0 Burton schoolkids....solid performances at the back from Clifton and Osbourne, whilst or best players were Jamey Osbourne and Sam Kelly I don't know who the No 8 is, but he had a good game as well. I thought our other fringe players would be more dominate against such a young side, but at least Cardwell and Hooper scored. Osbourne must be worth a start on the bench at least against Carlisle and might be worth giving Kelly a start on the left, because of his crossing ability alone, and the strikers need some service.
Posted by: Chrisblor, November 14, 2017, 3:55pm; Reply: 11
Unchanged starting line up on Saturday again then...
Posted by: sam gy, November 14, 2017, 4:23pm; Reply: 12
Would be very surprised if Osborne is ready to start on Saturday.....best to make sure he’s 100% than take a risk, but it’s amazing to hear he’s well on his way to a return. God knows we need him!
Posted by: jimgtfc, November 14, 2017, 4:24pm; Reply: 13
I’m all for making sure players are ready before rushing them back from injury, but how many reserve games does Jamey need before he’s considered for first team selection again? He’s had a few minutes under the belt already now surely!?
Posted by: Abdul19, November 14, 2017, 4:25pm; Reply: 14
I think Kelly will start at left back (which may be better than playing a right back there). Osborne will hopefully get at least a place on the bench.
Posted by: Sigone, November 14, 2017, 4:32pm; Reply: 15
Can I get a season ticket for the reserves next season instead...thought Hooper played ok was a bit disappointed with rose but hard to judge against such a young Burton team.
Posted by: gobby, November 14, 2017, 4:42pm; Reply: 16
Thought J Osborne came off with an injury to his left leg today  8)
UTMM
Posted by: Maringer, November 14, 2017, 4:42pm; Reply: 17
Does Kelly have the 'grit' to play full-back? I think he's certainly quick enough and I don't doubt he'll try hard but not sure he'll be good in a battle, so to speak. Let's hope Carlisle's right-winger is rubbish.

I suppose he may well have experience of playing full-back in the past, which might be useful.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 14, 2017, 4:45pm; Reply: 18
He played there against future world cup winners last week you know ;)
Posted by: Garth, November 14, 2017, 6:02pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Chrisblor
Unchanged starting line up on Saturday again then...

And so it should be, whats the point of playing any of today`s footballing free scoring team and risk destroying our nil scored record
Posted by: Garth, November 14, 2017, 6:12pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Maringer
Does Kelly have the 'grit' to play full-back? I think he's certainly quick enough and I don't doubt he'll try hard but not sure he'll be good in a battle, so to speak. Let's hope Carlisle's right-winger is rubbish.

I suppose he may well have experience of playing full-back in the past, which might be useful.

TBF Kelly had a decent game today at left back and nothing got past him, that does not make him a league left back but maybe worth a try, switched the other way round Bobby Cummings was better at left wing than left back. If he`s not injured J Osborne should play Saturday, he looked fit enough IMO
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 14, 2017, 6:35pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Garth

TBF Kelly had a decent game today at left back and nothing got past him, that does not make him a league left back but maybe worth a try, switched the other way round Bobby Cummings was better at left wing than left back. If he`s not injured J Osborne should play Saturday, he looked fit enough IMO

There's that Grimsby S again.  ;)
Posted by: Skrill, November 14, 2017, 7:06pm; Reply: 22
Imagine we beat a team 5-0 in a league two fixture? The fishy would explode!
Posted by: Chrisblor, November 14, 2017, 7:32pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Maringer

It's Jamie Devitt isn't it? Can't see that match up ending well for Kelly.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, November 14, 2017, 9:33pm; Reply: 24
Good to see such positive feedback about a 5-0 victory
The boo boys presumably wanted a 10-0 win and would still complain
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 14, 2017, 9:48pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Good to see such positive feedback about a 5-0 victory
The boo boys presumably wanted a 10-0 win and would still complain

Boo boys? I think you'll find this is a Fans' Forum.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, November 14, 2017, 9:50pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Boo boys? I think you'll find this is a Fans' Forum.

You could have surprised me with that comment
All I ever see on this site is negative

Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 14, 2017, 10:05pm; Reply: 27

Negativity is driven by the product put in front of the paying customer. I'm not prepared to speculate but there are bits and pieces of information that don't add up to me.
Posted by: Maringer, November 14, 2017, 11:18pm; Reply: 28
Didn't Devitt play on the left, or was that just for us? Oh well, hope he's like Devitt Mk. II rather than Mk. I. Quite disappointed with him when he was last with us.

As for Osbourne, I'd rather he was left out for another game or two if his fitness isn't absolutely up to scratch. Better not to risk him in the shorter term after a reasonably long lay-off.
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 15, 2017, 12:46am; Reply: 29

I take it you didn’t look on here during operation Promotion then!!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 15, 2017, 1:29am; Reply: 30

That's a bit rich coming from you.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 15, 2017, 7:08am; Reply: 31

WTF have we had to be positive about in the last 12 Months?
Posted by: RoboCod, November 15, 2017, 8:15am; Reply: 32
Quoted from Skrill
Imagine we beat a team 5-0 in a league two fixture? The fishy would explode!

We only hear 'Fishy 5' these days. Hearing 'Grimsby Town 5..' would be very nice.
Posted by: monkeyboy, November 15, 2017, 1:51pm; Reply: 33
Seems Wilko can manage the reserves into a scoring team, maybe we have the wrong man in charge of the first team.?

I would have not took Slade but would have more than happy to give Wilko the main job.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 15, 2017, 2:29pm; Reply: 34
If only the first team played against children.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 7:37am