Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: AlfredTheGreat, November 11, 2017, 5:09pm
I reckon I spend over a grand a year including travelling which is often more expensive than tickets. Glad I didn't waste any money today.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, November 11, 2017, 5:11pm; Reply: 1
At the moment as little as possible
Posted by: ginnywings, November 11, 2017, 5:11pm; Reply: 2
Too much at the moment. Nowhere near value for money and we've already been told it will be dearer next season. Unless the football improves, i won't be spending much at BP next season. Stuck with my ST for this season though.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, November 11, 2017, 7:31pm; Reply: 3
£721.51p plus food so far this season. Which is a lot less than this time last season.

(includes season and other tickets, fuel or train, parking & programmes.)
Posted by: lukeo, November 12, 2017, 12:21am; Reply: 4
Around £300, but that includes a weekend away to legoland on route to Stevenage (only way I could convince the Mrs to go!).. Wish I hadn't  ;D and today  ;D oh and Newport  :'(
Posted by: 139914 (Guest), November 12, 2017, 8:12am; Reply: 5
Red diesel is £1 a litre, my boat uses just under a gallon an hour cruising the Great Ouse.  Therefore for the price of a home game I get to relax for an afternoon, do a spot of fishing and have a decent pint.  So in answer to the OP's question, absolutely nothing, the combination of Fenty and Slade just isn't worth a single penny of my cash.
Posted by: mariner83, November 12, 2017, 8:48am; Reply: 6
Haven't added it up, 2x season tickets, fuel to BP and back and the occasional away match - it doesn't feel like value for money.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, November 12, 2017, 1:04pm; Reply: 7
Not much this season, 2 home games so far, just to visit family really, £50 a pop, and only 2 away games so far (way down on what I would have gone to) as really dont think I get any entertainment for my money and can always sit at home and watch most games live if I'm not busy doing something less boring.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 12, 2017, 8:24pm; Reply: 8
Well into four figures
Posted by: headingly_mariner, November 12, 2017, 8:35pm; Reply: 9
Don't want to tot it up.

I'm fuming that the prices will go up. I can cope with us being shite because I'm used to it, but I'm very much undecided as to whether I'll renew my season ticket if the prices go up.

There is only so much of being treated like a twit by the club I can take.
Posted by: LH, November 12, 2017, 8:42pm; Reply: 10
I tried to keep a total of spending last season and forgot to do it after Notts County away and by that point it was close to £700. Probably a bit less this year as I have a different job and can't get away as often (lucky me, eh?) but it'll still be close to £1000 over the course of a season I'd imagine. That's probably £12,000 since I started the current stint of being a season ticket holder 12 years ago. I assume my cheque for my 10% dividend will arrive any day soon?
Posted by: denni266, November 12, 2017, 8:56pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from 139914
Red diesel is £1 a litre, my boat uses just under a gallon an hour cruising the Great Ouse.  Therefore for the price of a home game I get to relax for an afternoon, do a spot of fishing and have a decent pint.  So in answer to the OP's question, absolutely nothing, the combination of Fenty and Slade just isn't worth a single penny of my cash.

Totally agree with you there.. be carefull tho .. i do the same most of the time now. but on the broads , wroxham etc. and have been called or should i say. had the mick taken for doing it insted of going to the home games all the time  ;)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 12, 2017, 9:04pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from LH
I tried to keep a total of spending last season and forgot to do it after Notts County away and by that point it was close to £700. Probably a bit less this year as I have a different job and can't get away as often (lucky me, eh?) but it'll still be close to £1000 over the course of a season I'd imagine. That's probably £12,000 since I started the current stint of being a season ticket holder 12 years ago. I assume my cheque for my 10% dividend will arrive any day soon?

That seems high seeing as though it was early September when we played at Meadow Lane last season...maybe you'd included STs in that amount though?

Posted by: Hagrid, November 12, 2017, 9:08pm; Reply: 13
too much
Posted by: LH, November 12, 2017, 9:19pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

That seems high seeing as though it was early September when we played at Meadow Lane last season...maybe you'd included STs in that amount though?

Yes includes season tickets and a fair amount of merchandise because I was daft enough to think that we might make a decent fist of pushing for a second promotion so my money would be put to good use. Turns out it was spent on appointing two managers and back room staff and a bonus for the majority shareholder. You live and you learn.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, November 12, 2017, 10:07pm; Reply: 15
I don't dare think it must run into four figures have certainly sacrificed family events and taken time off work without pay to attend games.

I get ridiculled by people as being a fool but find it very hard not to go but this season as severly tested my resolve.

I suspect I am not alone in that respect
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, November 12, 2017, 10:09pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from LH

Yes includes season tickets and a fair amount of merchandise because I was daft enough to think that we might make a decent fist of pushing for a second promotion so my money would be put to good use. Turns out it was spent on appointing two managers and back room staff and a bonus for the majority shareholder. You live and you learn.

You sure do LH...

By the way it wasn't me not believing you about Notts County Away... your total spend might have been for more than one ST and I'd not even considered merchandise such as new shirts

It sure does make you think when you tot it all up how much each of us contributes to the coffers

Posted by: Civvy at last, November 12, 2017, 10:19pm; Reply: 17
I think the relevant question is ‘How much will you be spending on future football.

My answer is ‘a lot less than last season’. I feel I’m not the only one !!
Posted by: realist, November 12, 2017, 10:33pm; Reply: 18
I never counted what I spent. Whatever it was was worth it.  Now, it has all changed . My planned spend is nothing, the only thing that will get me back is a protest against the board. Thank you Fenty and Slade.

PS. This is my own decision and I am not in any way advocating that people copy my actions.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 13, 2017, 8:12am; Reply: 19
Quoted from realist
I never counted what I spent. Whatever it was was worth it.  Now, it has all changed . My planned spend is nothing, the only thing that will get me back is a protest against the board. Thank you Fenty and Slade.

PS. This is my own decision and I am not in any way advocating that people copy my actions.

Christ im ill I agree with every word from realist.  
Posted by: 75 (Guest), November 13, 2017, 6:08pm; Reply: 20
I've cut back on away games a bit this season. I probably usually average about 10 or so every year and probably spend about £150 each game, trains, hotels and beer. Maybe spend about £70 most home games on beer and sambucas, lol
Posted by: realist, November 13, 2017, 8:30pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Christ im ill I agree with every word from realist.  

Sometime I do get overcome with a bit of common sense. Not very often though ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, November 13, 2017, 11:05pm; Reply: 22
I blew a good £200 this weekend following Darlington away to Kidderminster. Food, travel, hotel & ticket in etc.

Was it worth it? 3-1 down with 11 minutes to go, then get a last minute equaliser to make it 3-3?

Of course it was. That's what away days are all about  8) 8)
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 6:12pm