Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 8, 2017, 11:23am
Be interesting to hear what your favourite episode is, I love them all and must have watched them hundreds if not thousands of times, my favourite is “Go West young man”

What’s your favourite?
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 8, 2017, 11:26am; Reply: 1
Hundreds of very funny clips stick in my mind Chris,

The chandelle one is my favourite plus the " Gary " one is up there.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 8, 2017, 11:38am; Reply: 2
It’s difficult to name a favourite Pete because they’re all fantastic and brilliantly done, I never tire of watching them and never will.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 8, 2017, 11:48am; Reply: 3
Agree mate they still make me laugh even when I know what is going to happen.
Posted by: mariner chopper, November 8, 2017, 1:21pm; Reply: 4
A Touch of Glass
The Unlucky Winner Is
Jolly Boys Outing
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 8, 2017, 2:03pm; Reply: 5
All so well written and acted as you say Chris, it's difficult to pick out a favourite. Wonder if it'll be like Dad's Army and still be good after 40 years. Mind you it's been 30 since it started so, maybe yes.
Posted by: Maringer, November 8, 2017, 3:36pm; Reply: 6
Have to say, I don't think it has aged as well as some TV comedy series though there certainly are some classics in there. I was surprised at how clunky one or two of the earlier episodes were when I saw them the other year, especially as I remember laughing my bits off when I first watched them.
Posted by: Grim74, November 8, 2017, 4:57pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Maringer
Have to say, I don't think it has aged as well as some TV comedy series though there certainly are some classics in there. I was surprised at how clunky one or two of the earlier episodes were when I saw them the other year, especially as I remember laughing my bits off when I first watched them.

You miserable git, what's up is it to politically incorrect for you? What a sad indictment of today's society when you realise that this ledgendary show wouldn't even make the pilot episode today, (David Jason has said as much)  what with the ultra liberal easily offended wetbags.

Anyway I loved the show and still love watching them when I catch them on gold, for me they are all funny but the one that stands out (can't remember the episode) is where Del has to organise a singer for the local gangsters mum........cwyiiiiing😭
Posted by: Maringer, November 8, 2017, 5:03pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Grim74

You miserable git, what's up is it to politically incorrect for you? What a sad indictment of today's society when you realise that this ledgendary show wouldn't even make the pilot episode today, (David Jason has said as much)  what with the ultra liberal easily offended wetbags.

So I'm not allowed to have my own opinion on what I find funny any more?

Good God, you're a cretin.

Watch some Steptoe and Son when you get the chance. That has held up well, albeit that the humour is much darker in nature.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 8, 2017, 5:09pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Grim74

Anyway I loved the show and still love watching them when I catch them on gold, for me they are all funny but the one that stands out (can't remember the episode) is where Del has to organise a singer for the local gangsters mum........cwyiiiiing😭

Tony Angelino  8). “Stage fright” that one is Tone. 👍
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 8, 2017, 5:10pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Grim74

flipping hell Grim. You're seeing Reds under the beds.
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 8, 2017, 5:26pm; Reply: 11
[youtube]D-NsiCWHT24[/youtube]

Makes it even funnier knowing Nicholas Lyndhurst was under such pressure.

[youtube]93bAdEf0pzc[/youtube]

Truly brilliant comedy series

Posted by: Grim74, November 8, 2017, 6:42pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Tony Angelino  8). “Stage fright” that one is Tone. 👍

Thanks Chris, absolute classic still urine myself 😂 every time I see it.
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 8, 2017, 6:45pm; Reply: 13
I've probably seen every episode dozens of times but to be honest the titles of each episode don't really register.

I love The Jolly Boys Outing though and everytime I hear "Everybody's Talking" by Nilsson I just picture them all walking around Margate with Trigger with his inflatable dolphin.

Not many classic comedies over the years but OFAH is right up there with Fawlty Towers and Phoenix Nights for me.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 8, 2017, 6:51pm; Reply: 14
Certainly not a "fan" of it myself, dont stop turning channels over if i come across it which i would do if i stumbled across Porridge or Dads Army or more lately Peep Show....however a question to divide you real fans...

Grandad or Uncle Albert.... Which character was the better comedy material ?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 8, 2017, 6:56pm; Reply: 15
Both brilliant but Uncle Albert for me Moosey.
Posted by: mariner91, November 8, 2017, 7:11pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from moosey_club
Certainly not a "fan" of it myself, dont stop turning channels over if i come across it which i would do if i stumbled across Porridge or Dads Army or more lately Peep Show....however a question to divide you real fans...

Grandad or Uncle Albert.... Which character was the better comedy material ?

Peep show is brilliant. Easily the best comedy from the UK since it first aired.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, November 8, 2017, 9:09pm; Reply: 17
The sex doll episode is genius. Remember when it first aired and talking about it at school the next day in stitches. Still enjoy watching it on Gold now and then but more so the earlier ones with grandad rather than latter day episodes.

Whatever happened to the likely lads still remains my all time favourite though British sitcomwise.
Posted by: barralad, November 9, 2017, 8:35am; Reply: 18
I think my favourite is the one where they make the money from the time piece (the missing link) but just about every episode had funny bits. Love the Batman and Robin thing where they burst in on the funeral!
Any sight of baby Damien and Rodney's reaction is hilarious.

The episode where Rodney wins the kids art competition and goes on the holiday. Fantastic.. ;D
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 9, 2017, 9:41am; Reply: 19
I thought Grandad was brilliant and nobody could be as good,

BUT

Uncle Albert proved me wrong, I can not choose between them.
Posted by: chaos33, November 9, 2017, 10:03am; Reply: 20
Love the episodes with Grandad best. Think my favourite episode is the one where Rodney decides to leave his partnership with Del and go into business with Mickey Pearce. The lawn mower engines! :)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 9, 2017, 1:42pm; Reply: 21
Broken Lawn mower engines Phil  ;)
Posted by: chaos33, November 10, 2017, 1:55pm; Reply: 22
:)
Posted by: 139881 (Guest), November 15, 2017, 8:53pm; Reply: 23
Used to watch OFAH religiously. Must have seen every episode a good couple of hundred times

Hard to point to a favourite but "Tea for three" and "Friday 14th" are up there
Posted by: Ipswin, November 19, 2017, 6:00pm; Reply: 24
Brilliant programme but for me one character just stood out above all the others - Trigger - was just so hilarious - great lines and beautifully delivered!

Talking of great lines, in Porridge just one line stands out above all others in all episodes. The late Brian Glover playing Heslop, 'I read a book once, green it was' - brilliant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce7t_NyPkmo
Posted by: GYinScuntland, November 20, 2017, 1:35am; Reply: 25
Quoted from Maringer

So I'm not allowed to have my own opinion on what I find funny any more?

Good God, you're a cretin.

Watch some Steptoe and Son when you get the chance. That has held up well, albeit that the humour is much darker in nature.

Blimey, that's not as PC as it probably could be.
It's a good job you're not one of those leftie types or they'd be drumming you out and no mistake.  ;)
Posted by: Maringer, November 21, 2017, 7:22am; Reply: 26
If somebody says something cretinous which has no relevance to the post, it's only polite to point it out. Well, perhaps not polite, but then I never claimed I was being polite.
Posted by: Davec, November 23, 2017, 8:41pm; Reply: 27
The Unlucky Winner is.. quality episode and that's my favourite,  don't think many people will agree but I also like If They Could See Us now and Rodney Come Home
Posted by: Grim74, January 24, 2018, 1:44pm; Reply: 28
Turns out Del Boy's a racist illegitimate now -

http://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/film-and-tv-people-are-calling-out-only-fools-and-horses-for-racist-jokes-20180119.amp.html?c=1516387646122&__twitter_impression=true
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:27pm