Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 5, 2017, 8:55pm
I was just wondering if Slade missed a trick with yesterday's team selection, as it's the chekaturd cup on Wednesday and that team must be a majority of the previous team, if Slade had picked those players who are either bench warmers or just fiddling their thumbs yesterday than those same players could then play against Sunderland, not risking his chosen ones and keeping within the rules.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, November 5, 2017, 8:59pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Gaffer58
I was just wondering if Slade missed a trick with yesterday's team selection, as it's the chekaturd cup on Wednesday and that team must be a majority of the previous team, if Slade had picked those players who are either bench warmers or just fiddling their thumbs yesterday than those same players could then play against Sunderland, not risking his chosen ones and keeping within the rules.

Didn't they change this rule at the last meeting on a very hot island off the coast of Spain after all the complaints from Managers? I don't blame Slade for playing "his first team" on Saturday though, I would hate to be one of those clubs who play their reserves in the FA cup.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, November 5, 2017, 9:05pm; Reply: 2
Wish he had played some of his reserves :P
Posted by: GrimRob, November 5, 2017, 10:02pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Gaffer58

Why would he throw the game just to rest a few players? It's not as though we are doing much in the league a cup run would have been a nice distraction.

I thought the rules were the team either had to have half a dozen players from the last game or half a dozen would have to be in the next game (one or the other). So if he really wants to rest or make changes he has plenty of scope for both. Even Bignot never made five unenforced changes?
Posted by: Abdul19, November 6, 2017, 7:52am; Reply: 4
I think he made 10 changes for the Scunny game so I'd expect the same again.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 6, 2017, 12:16pm; Reply: 5
He could have and he did say there would be a couple of changes then went with the same team,

I do not think he has to play mind games at our level do you ?
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 6, 2017, 4:53pm; Reply: 6
Is Slade clever enough to play mind games? Also on team selection I could name Saturday's starting 11 now, the same as the last game, and the one before that. We have a squad of about 30 players, 2/3 are out on lone and 2/3 are injured, that leaves about 24/25 players available but there must be 10 who know that no matter how hard they train, or perform in the Chekturd they will not get a game.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, November 6, 2017, 7:32pm; Reply: 7
Earlier in the season he was criticized for making changes and not knowing his preferred starting 11.  Now he is criticized for not making changes.  Who'd be a manager?
Posted by: Mendonca1995, November 6, 2017, 8:21pm; Reply: 8
We can’t score make some changes and drop your favourites that are doing nothing week in week out whilst we sit and watch boring non football being played fans are gettin impatient watching this defensive negativity Especially at home barring dembele or jones who have we got who can score goals or make something happen ???
Posted by: Skrill, November 6, 2017, 8:26pm; Reply: 9
Give Ahkeem Rose a go
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 6, 2017, 8:31pm; Reply: 10
Competition for starting places should be good, if all the players know that if they do not perform than somebody else comes in than they should put a shift in, but at the moment it appears as if the starting 11 is picked whatever.
Posted by: Cloudy, November 6, 2017, 8:58pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Skrill
Give Ahkeem Rose a go

He hasn't got a work permit!
Posted by: chaos33, November 6, 2017, 9:22pm; Reply: 12
Either standards/expectations are modest in terms of scoring/winning, or there are a fair few who look rubbish in training.
Posted by: Mariner_09, November 6, 2017, 10:02pm; Reply: 13
I genuinely feel that if by some miracle we were able to field J Osborne, McAllister, DJ and Asante in the same side then we’d be much more potent going forward. The only issue is I feel Dixon and Clarke particularly would get exposed if we played more expansively with the players listed selected. If he played K Osborne and Collins at CB and we still had (can’t believe I’m saying this) Danny Andrew then we’d be promotion contenders but that’s a ridiculous wish list sadly.
Posted by: wiggers, November 7, 2017, 9:25am; Reply: 14
The current crop of first teamers are hardly setting the world on fire, why not give the likes of Cardwell, Clifton, Osbourne, Mills, DJ a chance in the cup competitions, you never know they might actually bust a gut in an attempt to break into the side rather than the usual lacklustre display we see from the same group of 11 week in, week out....... By swopping a few keeps things fresh and interesting doesn't it?
Posted by: Cloudy, November 7, 2017, 9:52am; Reply: 15
Quoted from wiggers
The current crop of first teamers are hardly setting the world on fire, why not give the likes of Cardwell, Clifton, Osbourne, Mills, DJ a chance in the cup competitions, you never know they might actually bust a gut in an attempt to break into the side rather than the usual lacklustre display we see from the same group of 11 week in, week out....... By swopping a few keeps things fresh and interesting doesn't it?

Change personnel all you like it wont make a difference unless they have licence to go forward. Just seems all bar 3 sit in and never venture near the opposition goal and that is why we are struggling
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 7, 2017, 10:57am; Reply: 16
We are not scoring goals so you would think Slade might make a change or two to rectify that.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 2:25pm