Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: denni266, November 4, 2017, 10:48pm
I have been watching football for over 55 years . played for over 30 of them , and i for one.. forgive me if i am wrong.. i think goals help to win games. . Dont know if this has been pointed out to you or not, But its about time you took note of this.. You was told during closed season  , and during the window , we want something to cheer , What you have signed so far is no where near good enough  sort it
Posted by: Mikoo, November 4, 2017, 11:11pm; Reply: 1
Grow up
Posted by: oochiad, November 4, 2017, 11:28pm; Reply: 2
Oh dear......
Posted by: forza ivano, November 4, 2017, 11:38pm; Reply: 3
Yawn. R u posting from your ocean going liner? twit
Posted by: jonnyboy82, November 4, 2017, 11:42pm; Reply: 4
Oh look a person states an opinion and out come slades bodyguards.... ;D
Posted by: denni266, November 5, 2017, 12:15am; Reply: 5
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Oh look a person states an opinion and out come slades bodyguards.... ;D

Someone has to support him lol
Posted by: denni266, November 5, 2017, 12:20am; Reply: 6
Quoted from forza ivano

No sorry not this week .40 ft cruiser is hardly a ocean going liner..  thats like slade saying he has strikers  lol , could be  next week ,, unless ya after a cheap holiday  ;)
Posted by: OllieGTFC, November 5, 2017, 12:44am; Reply: 7
🖕, do you coaching badge and apply for the job see how well you will do ? Sladey can all work with his budget he clearly knows what he needs, we are not exactly in a bad position now are we ? Rather be were we are than chesterfield tbh and look Mansfield not exactly running away with the league after all the money they spent, so grow up
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, November 5, 2017, 12:57am; Reply: 8
Quoted from denni266
I have been watching football for over 55 years . played for over 30 of them , and i for one.. forgive me if i am wrong.. i think goals help to win games. . Dont know if this has been pointed out to you or not, But its about time you took note of this.. You was told during closed season  , and during the window , we want something to cheer , What you have signed so far is no where near good enough  sort it

Theres no point denni, this is Slade ball, play not to lose, the cancer of football and the happy clappers can't see through their rose tinted specks. Slade will probably sign another striker in January, a big 6ft plus target man with a record of 1 goal in every 10 games, another winger to help create "attacking threat" and we'll carry on like this for the rest of the season.

Although saying that, I do believe there are goals in this squad with the right set up and game plan, its just hidden under, resiliant, stable, boring, defensive football.
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 5, 2017, 5:04am; Reply: 9
Quoted from OllieGTFC
🖕, do you coaching badge and apply for the job see how well you will do ? Sladey can all work with his budget he clearly knows what he needs, we are not exactly in a bad position now are we ? Rather be were we are than chesterfield tbh and look Mansfield not exactly running away with the league after all the money they spent, so grow up

If he clearly knows what he needs why the hell did he sign Hooper, Matt, Cardwell, Kelly and Rose all players that can't make the starting 11.

Seems like an awful lot of wages going to waste and I doubt JF is too happy about it.
Posted by: chaos33, November 5, 2017, 7:01am; Reply: 10
That does at least pose an interesting question - you need a squad of players, obviously, but why the reluctance to use about half of them' especially when you're not scoring or creating much?
Posted by: Vance Warner, November 5, 2017, 7:54am; Reply: 11
Recruitment is my biggest concern so far. I don't want us to go back down the route of signing players on 2 year deals out of desperation. As for not scoring we have a team set up to play counter attacking football away from home but without anywhere near enough pace to actually achieve it.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 5, 2017, 8:54am; Reply: 12
To use what has become a cliche: Sort it out Slade!
Posted by: golfer, November 5, 2017, 8:57am; Reply: 13
Quoted from denni266

What i think you meant to say was " Slade-I think you slipped up with your signings and most were signed on other peoples say so. You now must realise that most fall below the required standard. The team that you keep putting out is possibly the best we have got apart from one or two exceptions . The players seem to play to instructions week in week out and these tactics are so easy to play against. On the rare occasions we have played football we have looked very good indeed so stop being so pigheaded and change your tactics at the millionth request. SORT IT !
Posted by: friskneymariner, November 5, 2017, 11:40am; Reply: 14
Not wishing to be confrontational, I am genuinely interested ,but can those on here who still defend Slade explain to me exactly what they see in him,as I do not see any redeeming features whats so ever.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, November 5, 2017, 11:43am; Reply: 15
Redeeming features = steady eddy mid table manager will never take up up or down as proven over 2 decades.

I'm not one of his fans though maybe someone else can pick something out.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 5, 2017, 11:44am; Reply: 16
Quoted from friskneymariner
Not wishing to be confrontational, I am genuinely interested ,but can those on here who still defend Slade explain to me exactly what they see in him,as I do not see any redeeming features whats so ever.

That should end this thread.
Posted by: friskneymariner, November 5, 2017, 12:11pm; Reply: 17
??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??)
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That should end this thread.

Posted by: ponnyfan, November 5, 2017, 12:51pm; Reply: 18
Slade is like a drowning man clinging to his beach ball to stay alive....perhaps getyourfactsright should  go and claim his beach ball back.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 5, 2017, 12:51pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from friskneymariner

He is consistent ?  ;)
Posted by: ginnywings, November 5, 2017, 1:00pm; Reply: 20
If you put aside the boring football and just look at the stats, we are very hard to beat and currently sit 5th in the form guide. Just a couple of goals in the 0-0 draws would now see us in the play off spots (joint 7th at least). Had Jones sunk that pen and not hit the inside of the post, we would be looking very healthy right now. He hasn't been here that long either, so things may get better in time. He did good things at Orient after saving them from relegation and i think they had a long winning streak at the start of one season. Think he also rescued Brighton from almost certain relegation. In short, he is a safe pair of hands.

However, i'm not a fan of his pragmatic style and i wasn't a fan last time. I'm a Grimsby Town fan and he is the current manager, so it is what it is. I wish we played a more exciting expansive game but we don't and i can't see that changing any time soon, so i just hope that if we can't be entertaining, at least we can be successful and get out of this league at some point, in the right direction. He has never achieved this in the past but he's been close with more than one club. Let's hope he can break his duck because it's the only thing that will mitigate the mind numbing boredom of the football.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 5, 2017, 1:35pm; Reply: 21
My overall view of this season is that we are incredibly poor at passing the ball which might underline how poor our movement actually is.There is nothing to suggest that Slade & Wilco are coaching the players to have any form of composure or confidence on the ball which results in some really poor decision making.

I have not seen every L2 side this season so it's difficult to judge but when everyone is fit I think we have a reasonable squad (apart from a clever "finisher") that could challenge for the play off's but nothing more.This will only happen though if we start to play some reasonably consistent football. When I watch Town at the moment I can't currently tell what our game plan is or whether we are a passing side or long ball, my worry is that the manager hasn't yet made his mind up despite stable selection in the last few weeks.

Mid table finish for us this year I reckon.

Posted by: Gaffer58, November 5, 2017, 2:47pm; Reply: 22
We'll finish mid table which will keep our non chairman and bank manager happy, but as pointed out in an earlier thread "x" number of players, who the fans and possibly the manager don't rate, are on 2 year deals so do we have exactly the same to look forward to next season as this. I want some stability as we had too many managerial upheavals last season but I also want some hope that things are going to improve on the excitement level but as we don't even know the length of Mr Slade's contract he could be with us for quite some time.
Posted by: golfer, November 5, 2017, 3:26pm; Reply: 23
25 year rolling contract with a 5 year option-I have decided to be a Tibetan monk until his contract finally ends-if anybody wants to join me the boat leaves Saturday at 1645.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, November 5, 2017, 3:48pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from ginnywings
If you put aside the boring football and just look at the stats, we are very hard to beat and currently sit 5th in the form guide. Just a couple of goals in the 0-0 draws would now see us in the play off spots (joint 7th at least). Had Jones sunk that pen and not hit the inside of the post, we would be looking very healthy right now. He hasn't been here that long either, so things may get better in time. He did good things at Orient after saving them from relegation and i think they had a long winning streak at the start of one season. Think he also rescued Brighton from almost certain relegation. In short, he is a safe pair of hands.

However, i'm not a fan of his pragmatic style and i wasn't a fan last time. I'm a Grimsby Town fan and he is the current manager, so it is what it is. I wish we played a more exciting expansive game but we don't and i can't see that changing any time soon, so i just hope that if we can't be entertaining, at least we can be successful and get out of this league at some point, in the right direction. He has never achieved this in the past but he's been close with more than one club. Let's hope he can break his duck because it's the only thing that will mitigate the mind numbing boredom of the football.

And if the opponents hadn't missed open goals in the last 3 league games it would be worse, ifs and maybes dont get points
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 5, 2017, 4:02pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from golfer
25 year rolling contract with a 5 year option-I have decided to be a Tibetan monk until his contract finally ends-if anybody wants to join me the boat leaves Saturday at 1645.

When you get back will you get another season ticket at Blundell Park   ;D

Posted by: golfer, November 5, 2017, 7:29pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from promotion plaice

When you get back will you get another season ticket at Blundell Park   ;D

You don't honestly,honestly,honestly think we will be playing at Peakes Parkway by then. ? P.S. if season tickets keep going up 10% like they are next year nobody will be able to afford one never mind us Tibetan Monks
Posted by: jock dock tower, November 5, 2017, 7:30pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from forza ivano

Not with grammar and diction like that he isn't.

Posted by: Garth, November 5, 2017, 8:02pm; Reply: 28
We are an average league two team that just managed to creep over the line to get here in the first place, even with a manager who now lords it over in league one we spluttered and were boring.

We went through the madness that was Bignot and came out the other side with Slade, lost our two most promising goal scorers in Podge and Omar, and in there place we have acquired some substandard players in Matt, Hooper, Woolford and Kelly,  and the fact that apart from Woolford the others are only making guest appearances suggests that Slade is not happy with his signings.

Therefore to sum up we are no worse off than we were before he came, possible more defensively savvy and just two points short of the mighty Lincoln with their God like management and enormous gates.
Be patient it could easily get better after Xmas with a surprise signing or two
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 5, 2017, 8:14pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Garth
We are an average league two team that just managed to creep over the line to get here in the first place, even with a manager who now lords it over in league one we spluttered and were boring.

We went through the madness that was Bignot and came out the other side with Slade, lost our two most promising goal scorers in Podge and Omar, and in there place we have acquired some substandard players in Matt, Hooper, Woolford and Kelly,  and the fact that apart from Woolford the others are only making guest appearances suggests that Slade is not happy with his signings.

Therefore to sum up we are no worse off than we were before he came, possible more defensively savvy and just two points short of the mighty Lincoln with their God like management and enormous gates.
Be patient it could easily get better after Xmas with a surprise signing or two

Impressed that you've narrowed it down to 4.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 9, 2017, 12:16pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from ginnywings

If Town finish the Season midtable having played out the remaining games in the same fashion as seen so far will you be renewing your Season ticket if Sladehead is still in charge ginny?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 9, 2017, 12:24pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Impressed that you've narrowed it down to 4.

I know how you feel of our current crop if I was launching a team in League 2 combat I would only want from our current squad Dembele,Jones,Mills,Osborne,Summerfield and at a push one of Clarke/Collins possibly Macca for a back up keeper but we know how that goes down.The recruitment has been dire and I don`t know if that`s down to bad judgement or finances or both but it clearly isn`t good enough.RS needs to cut the squad down and replace quantity with quality.
Posted by: friskneymariner, November 9, 2017, 4:17pm; Reply: 32
Not one for making great gestures but I have reached the decision that if Slade is still in charge at the end of the season I shall not renew my season after 54 years supporting town 22 as a season ticket holder.
It will hurt but it is the only action I can take that will make this club listen,I cannot any longer collude with this tripe Slade serves up weekly.
Posted by: ginnywings, November 9, 2017, 4:48pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from 1mickylyons

If Town finish the Season midtable having played out the remaining games in the same fashion as seen so far will you be renewing your Season ticket if Sladehead is still in charge ginny?

Probably not.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 1:09am