Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: psgmariner, October 31, 2017, 2:55pm
Another reminder from me that if you are about to buy something online then please go through easy fundraising. It won't cost you a penny but will make money for the Trust. If you haven't signed up yet do it NOW by clicking on this link:

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/

This initiative has raised over £6,800 already. Dead easy and costs you nowt. Only 107 folk are using it though, so would be great if we could all start using it for the dreaded Black Friday, Christmas shopping period....

UTM.

Posted by: barralad, October 31, 2017, 3:55pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from psgmariner
Another reminder from me that if you are about to buy something online then please go through easy fundraising. It won't cost you a penny but will make money for the Trust. If you haven't signed up yet do it NOW by clicking on this link:

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/

This initiative has raised over £6,800 already. Dead easy and costs you nowt. Only 107 folk are using it though, so would be great if we could all start using it for the dreaded Black Friday, Christmas shopping period....

UTM.

A timely reminder mate with Christmas coming up. Thanks for your support..
Posted by: realist, November 1, 2017, 1:58pm; Reply: 2
I thought easyfundraising was to raise money for good causes?  Raising money to support a for profit business appears a bit unethical to me.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 1, 2017, 2:23pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from realist
I thought easyfundraising was to raise money for good causes?  Raising money to support a for profit business appears a bit unethical to me.

A bit like putting taxpayers money into Icelandic banks Andrew
Posted by: psgmariner, November 1, 2017, 3:19pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from realist

You can pick a different cause if you wish. As long as the additional free cashback goes somewhere that's better than nothing. My choice would be the Trust but yeah it's up to you.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 1, 2017, 3:25pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from realist

The Trust is a not for profit public interest company. If it eventually takes over control of the football club, that will in effect be a subsidiary of a NFP company. It'd be out of the hands of your nemesis John Fenty. Surely you'd support that?
Posted by: Helgy, November 1, 2017, 7:24pm; Reply: 6
That's a great total had mine running for over 6 years but only raised just over £2,000 can't seem to get people to engage in it.
Looks like you have to great effect.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 2, 2017, 10:33am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Helgy
That's a great total had mine running for over 6 years but only raised just over £2,000 can't seem to get people to engage in it.
Looks like you have to great effect.

Not a p1sstake Helgy but with your increased support you should probably push this again mate and cash in.
Posted by: Helgy, November 2, 2017, 2:47pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Not a p1sstake Helgy but with your increased support you should probably push this again mate and cash in.

I did try but will again, might try a different angle.
Posted by: psgmariner, November 2, 2017, 3:13pm; Reply: 9
One idea we did was to pick out a few easy ones like free SIM cards etc that didn't even require fans to part with any money. I haven't looked for a while but think last time there was about £8 worth of donations like this.

It's more about getting fans to routinely use it every time they shop online. I have a chrome add on that alerts me every time I'm on a website that gives donations. Sadly neither this site or x hamster are affiliates which accounts for 95% of my browsing....
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 7:09pm