Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 25, 2017, 7:16pm
In light of the EFL statement regarding the Stevenage debacle, how can anyone even contemplate going to this game
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 25, 2017, 7:17pm; Reply: 1
I wasn't
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 25, 2017, 7:22pm; Reply: 2

You can't boycott something you are already boycotting   :)
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 25, 2017, 7:26pm; Reply: 3
I unboycot myself so I can boycott the game
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 25, 2017, 7:34pm; Reply: 4
Maybe we should all go and throw bras on the pitch during the game, similar to what Blackpool fans did with what was it tennis balls?

Then again let's save that one for the next visit to Broadhall Way😉
Posted by: Cloudy, October 25, 2017, 7:37pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Maybe we should all go and throw bras on the pitch during the game, similar to what Blackpool fans did with what was it tennis balls?

Then again let's save that one for the next visit to Broadhall Way😉

There will not be any next visit to Broadhall Way for me. I hope that we can persuade large numbers to go to the away games either side of Stevenage next time we meet
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, October 25, 2017, 10:32pm; Reply: 6
Can I suggest that in an appropriate minute of the game on Saturday a good 1000 or so bras are chucked onto the pitch to cause a stoppage in play. This gets publicity and makes a point to all those that it needs making to that we will not be cowed by nonsense from the supposed custodians of the game. That’s what they should be, not careerists when are using it fo their own ambition and not for the betterment of the game.
Maybe you be 70th minute is best as wasn’t one of the ladies that age?

No one is really going to the Sunderland game so no-one will care, but get it on a league game then it becomes a bigger thing if done well.
Posted by: LH, October 25, 2017, 10:35pm; Reply: 7
Just give Stevenage an allocation of two for our home game against them. Our stewards can then examine - in great detail - a pair of mammaries. Definitely boycott any away games there in the future, even play off semis or whatever. The message needs hammering home.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 25, 2017, 10:42pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Can I suggest that in an appropriate minute of the game on Saturday a good 1000 or so bras are chucked onto the pitch to cause a stoppage in play. This gets publicity and makes a point to all those that it needs making to that we will not be cowed by nonsense from the supposed custodians of the game. That’s what they should be, not careerists when are using it fo their own ambition and not for the betterment of the game.

No one is really going to the Sunderland game so no-one will care, but get it on a league game then it becomes a bigger thing if done well.

Trouble for me is I sit on the very back row of the upper ....so if I chucked a bra ...it might land on some dockers head cupping his ears   ;D

Posted by: lukeo, October 25, 2017, 11:01pm; Reply: 9
Don't go Stevenage next year. Continue to Boycott the excrement competition. I wouldn't do anything on regards to throwing things on the pitch Saturday, especially if we plan a time and then our team are on top and lose momentum with us stopping play.
Posted by: Sigone, October 25, 2017, 11:48pm; Reply: 10
Just don't go to Stevenage next season. Don't give that club any money. Let them steward an empty stand.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, October 26, 2017, 1:01am; Reply: 11

I'm keeping mine on, it's nippy as fcuk this time of year.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 26, 2017, 8:09am; Reply: 12

Brilliant idea. Surely you couldn't find a better way to publicise the issue. It'd be funny and a great way of making the point.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 26, 2017, 8:38am; Reply: 13
Sorry don't have a bra
Posted by: MarinersOnTheUp, October 26, 2017, 9:19am; Reply: 14
Why not boycott a league game aswell then? Most people will boycott the B team game anyway. Boycotting a league game would show how serious we are.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 26, 2017, 10:00am; Reply: 15

It'd take a bloody good throw for a bra to reach the pitch from the back of the Upper or Pontoon.  You'd probably have to put a tennis ball in one of the cups for it to make it to the pitch.  :)
Posted by: Maringer, October 26, 2017, 10:04am; Reply: 16
Does this raise the spectre of our own stewards searching fans on the way into the ground to check we haven't got a concealed brassiere to throw onto the pitch?   :)
Posted by: GrimRob, October 26, 2017, 10:07am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Sigone
Just don't go to Stevenage next season. Don't give that club any money. Let them steward an empty stand.

Isn't that playing into their hands though? Away fans are treated as an incovenience by many clubs. I suspect a lot of bigger clubs would like to get rid of them altogether if they could. Mansfield was a joke with the massed ranks of police and anyone with a Town shirt on was treated like a criminal.

Better to protest like we did at Barnet (after the FGR incident).
Posted by: Vance Warner, October 26, 2017, 11:24am; Reply: 18
I'd like to see a picket of the turnstyles at the B Team game with bras tied across the street. It would be a great double protest against bragate and B teams.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 26, 2017, 11:42am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Les Brechin

It'd take a bloody good throw for a bra to reach the pitch from the back of the Upper or Pontoon.  You'd probably have to put a tennis ball in one of the cups for it to make it to the pitch.  :)

I once went out with a girl that had tennis balls in her bra.  :B
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 26, 2017, 12:51pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from grimsby pete

If it comes to anything tennis related Pete, I believe that's what they call love  ;)
Posted by: jock dock tower, October 26, 2017, 3:54pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from grimsby pete

You've some mammary Pete.

Posted by: Garth, October 26, 2017, 5:01pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from grimsby pete

Probably had two real ones concealed in her Trousers, should have gone to Specsavers Pete ;D
Posted by: moosey_club, October 26, 2017, 6:09pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I'm keeping mine on, it's nippy as fcuk this time of year.

must be cold  ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 26, 2017, 6:13pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from jock dock tower

You've some mammary Pete.

I was only 13 then,

That was when boys were boys and girls were girls,

Its a different world now.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 10:25pm