Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, October 24, 2017, 10:30pm
is coming back for Dizza's game next week. Town have posted another Wembley video to get me all emotional again  :)
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/october/another-wembley-hero-confirmed/

How good would that team be today btw?
Posted by: 139914 (Guest), October 24, 2017, 10:48pm; Reply: 1
Simple answer, not good enough for automatic promotion and reliant on a no-show from FGR in the final.  Let's move on shall we?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 24, 2017, 11:00pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
is coming back for Dizza's game next week. Town have posted another Wembley video to get me all emotional again  :)
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/october/another-wembley-hero-confirmed/

I think that promotion team with the additions of Collins and Dembele would be great for this league. Obviously the players are a year older and Arnold isn't tearing up League 2 so you could say Conference is his level? Hurst is proving that many of the players he had here are better than this level which pretty much answers your question.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, October 25, 2017, 8:49am; Reply: 3
Quoted from 139914
Simple answer, not good enough for automatic promotion and reliant on a no-show from FGR in the final.  Let's move on shall we?

;D that's one way of looking at it.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 25, 2017, 9:51am; Reply: 4
Quoted from 139914

an outstanding professional and controlling performance from town in the final not good enough for you? jesus christt man
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 25, 2017, 10:05am; Reply: 5
Thought Town where mikes better on the day FGR where flattered by the Marsh-Brown strike. Away from Omar's brace Dis and Nolan controlled the game perfectly!
Posted by: Abdul19, October 25, 2017, 12:57pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from The Grim Reaper

That team will rightly always be remembered as heroes for delivering when it mattered: the last hour at Braintree and at Wembley (where we were comfortably the better side).

However, the only time in the regular season we showed consistent form was when Townsend was here; we started the season poorly (12 points off the top by the end of August) and finished it poorly too (8 points in 9 games).

I know 2 of that team are now top of league 1 and hats off to them, maybe we could've done more to keep Amond and it's a huge shame Tait was only on a 1 year deal - but it's a side that finished 21 points behind Cheltenham - I'm not sure it would be tearing up any League 2 trees today.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 25, 2017, 7:07pm; Reply: 7
It might have been a "no-show" from FGR, but you can only beat the team in front of  you on the day.

We would probably have beaten Bristol Rovers the year before if the ref had not had a "no-show" of his own.

Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 11:03pm