Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, October 21, 2017, 10:20am
Just wondered whether we could have a single thread which keeps track as to how our loanees are getting on elsewhere.? We get news on max Wright but I haven't seen anything on Clements progress at barrow and now we have hall Johnson at Chester and Asante at Solihull to keep tabs on
Posted by: Mariner_09, October 21, 2017, 10:28am; Reply: 1
I’m sure Grimreaper will keep us updated on Asante but I’m not sure about the other two.
Posted by: grimreaper, October 21, 2017, 12:01pm; Reply: 2
Posted on 'Akwasi Injury update' but will use this thread now.

Akwasi goes straight into the Solihull Moors Team in a 433 formation. Lone striker with two wingers. A formation/position he relishes.

They are away at Guiseley. He is raring to go.

No heroics today, first real competitive game for 5 months.
Posted by: denni266, October 21, 2017, 1:41pm; Reply: 3
Good luck to the lad... keep injury free
Posted by: Mikoo, October 21, 2017, 5:12pm; Reply: 4
Hall-Johnson played 90 mins as a right winger for Chester today
Clements didn't make the matchday 16 for Barrow
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), October 21, 2017, 5:34pm; Reply: 5
There was a Clements playing 90 mins for Barrow is this a different Clements.
Posted by: buckstown, October 21, 2017, 7:40pm; Reply: 6
RHJ was MOTM for Chester today. Looked sharp according to my Chester supporting mate
Posted by: jock dock tower, October 21, 2017, 7:51pm; Reply: 7
Not a loanee, but whoever was commentating on the football scores round up for the BEEB at 5pm said Omar Bogle was proving a real handful for Middlesborough today.
Posted by: chaos33, October 21, 2017, 7:51pm; Reply: 8
Bignot impact at Chester not really happening....
Posted by: 99agrant, October 21, 2017, 7:52pm; Reply: 9
Are we loaning out managers as well?
Posted by: Abdul19, October 21, 2017, 9:04pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from jock dock tower
Not a loanee, but whoever was commentating on the football scores round up for the BEEB at 5pm said Omar Bogle was proving a real handful for Middlesborough today.

He only played 5 minutes!
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, October 22, 2017, 12:46pm; Reply: 11
So how did Asante get on?
Posted by: grimreaper, October 22, 2017, 6:04pm; Reply: 12
Akwasi played hi first full 90 minutes yesterday at Guiseley.
He came through with no issues, felt tired 10 minutes to go but that was to be expected. He had a couple of chances.
Its been highlighted by the fans at Solihull that there problem is the defenders and no playmaker in midfield.
Main objective for Akwasi is getting match fit with no after affects.

Next Game this Tuesday away to Eastleigh and then a home game on Saturday, so he will be getting plenty of game time.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 28, 2017, 8:28pm; Reply: 13
Anyone have any updates on how the loanees did today?
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 28, 2017, 8:38pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Abdul19

And he did not score ???????????/
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 28, 2017, 9:06pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Anyone have any updates on how the loanees did today?

Clem played for Barrow for whom Yussuf got a hat-trick, Asante played for Solihull who lost 4-0 at home,
Posted by: golfer, October 29, 2017, 8:44am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Abdul19

BBC say he came on after 64 minutes for Ward--so there
Posted by: oldun, October 29, 2017, 9:19am; Reply: 17
Quoted from grimreaper
Akwasi played hi first full 90 minutes yesterday at Guiseley.
He came through with no issues, felt tired 10 minutes to go but that was to be expected. He had a couple of chances.
Its been highlighted by the fans at Solihull that there problem is the defenders and no playmaker in midfield.
Main objective for Akwasi is getting match fit with no after affects.

Next Game this Tuesday away to Eastleigh and then a home game on Saturday, so he will be getting plenty of game time.

Rumour in Solihull he is going to be staying there.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 29, 2017, 12:43pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from golfer

BBC say he came on after 64 minutes for Ward--so there

You're replying to a week old post.
Posted by: TheGoalKipper, October 29, 2017, 1:03pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from oldun

I suspected he wouldn't be back if he shows what he can really do as he's out of contract at end of season. I would have thought a pro club would have taken him from us rather than Solihull though
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 29, 2017, 2:32pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from oldun

I would admit as soon as I saw he had gone out on loan that was my first thought.

Yussuf gone permantently, Clements and Asante on loan, Bolarinwa not getting a look in I think RS is wanting rid of them all. :-/
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 29, 2017, 2:41pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from arryarryarry

I would admit as soon as I saw he had gone out on loan that was my first thought.

Yussuf gone permantently, Clements and Asante on loan, Bolarinwa not getting a look in I think RS is wanting rid of them all. :-/

That wouldn't surprise me, cant see why Bolarinwa is not involved in the match day squad as his pace can be used as an outlet especially when we appear content to soak up pressure in the latter parts of games.  
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 29, 2017, 7:20pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from oldun

That is understandable. He is like Ademeno. Great reputation but not able to cope with the physical and mental demands of league football which is a world away from Solihull Moors.
Posted by: chaos33, October 29, 2017, 7:30pm; Reply: 23
Wouldn't it be rational to assume that if he gets fit and strong and bangs the goals in he'll be coming back, and if the opposite of that transpires then maybe he won't?
Posted by: Garth, October 29, 2017, 7:47pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from chaos33
Wouldn't it be rational to assume that if he gets fit and strong and bangs the goals in he'll be coming back, and if the opposite of that transpires then maybe he won't?

Probably! a sort of on trial after injury thing, the big guy for Cambridge is what you need in this league IMO, like Rhead and Akinfenwa he bullied his way around and at times was quite skillful, lets hope Asante comes good for us
Posted by: friskneymariner, October 29, 2017, 8:27pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Garth

Probably! a sort of on trial after injury thing, the big guy for Cambridge is what you need in this league IMO, like Rhead and Akinfenwa he bullied his way around and at times was quite skillful, lets hope Asante comes good for us

Surprisingly he had quite a bit of pace as well,better than what we have got.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 29, 2017, 8:44pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Garth

TBH I thought Matt looked like he was going to be that player, disappointed he as gone downhill for him since that promising start.

Maybe Cardwell should be given another chance he as good pace or Tombola.

Posted by: ginnywings, October 29, 2017, 9:36pm; Reply: 27

That is understandable. He is like Ademeno. Great reputation but not able to cope with the physical and mental demands of league football which is a world away from Solihull Moors.

You've decided that after a handful of games?
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 29, 2017, 9:46pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from ginnywings

You've decided that after a handful of games?

From what I have seen yes. Add to that he is already 25 and has only had some success with Solihull Moors. I would be surprised to see him in a Town shirt again. I cannot look into the future; if he comes good and bangs in the goals for us then great, but I cannot see it.  
Posted by: ginnywings, October 29, 2017, 9:50pm; Reply: 29
Fair enough Lew. Time will tell as ever.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 29, 2017, 9:51pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from ginnywings
Fair enough Lew. Time will tell as ever.

I am not Lew. I am his lover. ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, October 29, 2017, 9:55pm; Reply: 31

I am not Lew. I am his lover. ;D

Lucky you.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 29, 2017, 9:58pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from ginnywings

Lucky you.

Purely for the purposes of a football forum I can assure you. What a player he was though. I guess you would have seen him play?
Posted by: ginnywings, October 29, 2017, 10:50pm; Reply: 33

Purely for the purposes of a football forum I can assure you. What a player he was though. I guess you would have seen him play?

Yes i did but i was young and just thought they were all ace and football was always that exciting. Little did i know....
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 30, 2017, 9:58am; Reply: 34
Some good comments from Solihull fans to get excited about when Asante returns:

Agreed, felt sorry for the front 3 (except Asante doesn’t look interested)

May as well realease Asante now because he’s officially FINISHED as a footballer at any level and an utter waste of space as a man.

why on earth have we re sighted that lazy lump Asante ?.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 30, 2017, 12:07pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

May as well realease Asante now because he’s officially FINISHED as a footballer at any level and an utter waste of space as a man.

A lot of love for Asante then?
Posted by: grimreaper, October 30, 2017, 7:42pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

The so called fan at Solihull Moors who made the comments at 2 & 3 is a complete mooron who has never had a good word to say about Asante until he scored back to back hat tricks when he was there player then he told the forum that it was him that got Asante motivated by his comments.

Asante has just played 3 games in the space of over a week his first games for 5 months. He is about 80% match fit.
The problem they have at Solihull is that there is no one in midfield to supply the front three. They need a Jamie Osborne.
With regards to his ankle, it is recovering well and is receiving daily treatment from the ex Birmingham City Physio Neil McDairmid.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 31, 2017, 9:39am; Reply: 37
Quoted from grimreaper

The so called fan at Solihull Moors who made the comments at 2 & 3 is a complete mooron who has never had a good word to say about Asante until he scored back to back hat tricks when he was there player then he told the forum that it was him that got Asante motivated by his comments.

Asante has just played 3 games in the space of over a week his first games for 5 months. He is about 80% match fit.
The problem they have at Solihull is that there is no one in midfield to supply the front three. They need a Jamie Osborne.
With regards to his ankle, it is recovering well and is receiving daily treatment from the ex Birmingham City Physio Neil McDairmid.

;D ;D ;D
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 31, 2017, 10:22am; Reply: 38
When we signed Asante it was reported that he had scored a lot of goals at all age levels in his career.  There is a natural goalscorer in there somewhere trying to get out.  

We should hope that he is able to do the business for us when he is free of injury and match-fit.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 31, 2017, 1:52pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Garth

There was one moment he had to really put his marker on the game but he blew it.... the goal was gaping and he should have done what was expected and scored for them

When the ball was heading towards our goal and it somehow rolled just past the post I was mightily relieved though  ::)
Posted by: Cloudy, November 27, 2017, 11:51am; Reply: 40
Clements played 90 mins on Saturday as his Barrow side lost 3-0 at home to Bromley
Asante substituted after 55 mins of Solihulls home draw with Gateshead
No Game for Max Wright at Scarborough
Hall_Johnson injured at Chester
Posted by: oldun, November 27, 2017, 11:57am; Reply: 41
Quoted from Cloudy
Clements played 90 mins on Saturday as his Barrow side lost 3-0 at home to Bromley
Asante substituted after 55 mins of Solihulls home draw with Gateshead
No Game for Max Wright at Scarborough
Hall_Johnson injured at Chester

Bolarinwa scored for Sutton
Posted by: Cloudy, November 27, 2017, 12:01pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from oldun

Bolarinwa scored for Sutton

thanks.

I forgot about him ;)
Posted by: 137 (Guest), November 27, 2017, 12:19pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
When we signed Asante it was reported that he had scored a lot of goals at all age levels in his career.  There is a natural goalscorer in there somewhere trying to get out.  

We should hope that he is able to do the business for us when he is free of injury and match-fit.

He has the potential to do a lot more for us than any of Hooper, Vernon and Cardwell.
Fingers crossed it works out for him and we bring him back....but Town have rarely been
'lucky' in these situations in the 48 years I've been on board. It just doesn't happen!
Posted by: chaos33, November 27, 2017, 8:26pm; Reply: 44
Keep looking for his name on the scoresheet. Still looking....

For me, if he doesn't bang some goals in at conference level, he ain't coming back, whatever the mitigating circumstances.

I don't think there's any evidence whatsoever that he's a L2 player as things stand.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 27, 2017, 9:50pm; Reply: 45
Excluding the lad on loan at Chester who we’ve not seen yet I would be surprised if we see any of them in a Town shirt again, maybe Bolarinwa if we lost another wide player to injury.

Looking at Summerfield, Rose, Osborne coming back and Berret able to do a job I think Clements is surplus to requirements and Asante won’t push the other strikers out despite what people like to think.

Max Wright falls into the same category as Clifton and Cardwell in that they’ll only see the first team squad if we have an emergency.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, December 2, 2017, 3:21pm; Reply: 46
Bolarinwa  just scored for Sutton.

Osbourne playing and Asanti on bench for Solihul.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 10:59pm