Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 21, 2017, 9:53am
A test awaits for RS and his players.

So this weekend away at Morecombe and next week home to Cambridge both winnable games which if things go well will keep a decent unbeaten run going.

Then we enter November & December which includes,

Home - Carlisle, FGR, Swindon, Mansfield, Accrington

Away - Notts County, Luton, Barnet, Exeter

So if we are in sight of the play off's after that could we be considered contenders and where will we actually be as we enter the new year?

What I think we will be able to see is how RS has progressed the side since he took over I suppose.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 21, 2017, 9:59am; Reply: 1
It'll be a big microscope then.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, October 21, 2017, 10:03am; Reply: 2
Does this win a prize as most pointless thread of the season?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 21, 2017, 10:08am; Reply: 3
Only when the season is over so you've got plenty of time to steal that award πŸ˜‰
Posted by: bluebottle, October 21, 2017, 10:25am; Reply: 4
........and even if I where to use your microscope, I would still be unable to see the point of your thread.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, October 21, 2017, 10:30am; Reply: 5
FairPlay to Herts for a perfect riposte to my post πŸ˜€
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 21, 2017, 10:31am; Reply: 6
We face some tough games, real tests to whether we ha e moved forward or not.
Posted by: AussieMariner, October 21, 2017, 10:32am; Reply: 7
Could well be the first time Slade and micro have ever been used in the same sentence
Posted by: Fat Cobra, October 21, 2017, 10:49am; Reply: 8
Quoted from AussieMariner
Could well be the first time Slade and micro have ever been used in the same sentence

Micro tackle
Posted by: lukeo, October 21, 2017, 11:07am; Reply: 9
Realistically I think 4 points in the next 2 games is what we should try to achieve
Posted by: Abdul19, October 21, 2017, 11:11am; Reply: 10
I think we should try and achieve 6!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 21, 2017, 11:14am; Reply: 11
Earlier in the season Slade made the point that he likes to divide the season into mini-leagues of 4 or 5 games rather than look at the whole season too much. He will be happy with the latest haul of points and no doubt will have a target in mind for the next 4 games.

If we were still under the previous manager then Herts might have a point about microscopes. But Slade has been around, seen it, done it, won it, lost it. I don’t always agree with what he does but I do have confidence that he has experience and he has plans and targets for the next few games just as he did for the last few.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 21, 2017, 11:24am; Reply: 12
Yeah I heard the 4 games thing in the interview RRFC and thought it was a good way to operate, to be fair the OP was as much about the fixture list as it was Slade but it's inevitable that he'll kop for it on here at least if things don't go with expectation, note the word "expectation" rather than reality.

What he did this week with the lad who came in and went out Chester suggests RS is working to a plan on a number of fronts.
Posted by: golfer, October 22, 2017, 7:15pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Fat Cobra

Micro tackle

Isn't micro tackle used by some fat bloke sat on side catching fish that everybody has thrown back
Posted by: GrimRob, October 23, 2017, 1:22pm; Reply: 14
[img]http://a.scpr.org/i/949d8d89b7ae955f4ff0813bf275d11e/116309-full.jpg[/img]
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 6:05am