Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: yeovilmariner, October 18, 2017, 1:00pm
Leave Yeovil at 5pm for a quick hundred mile blast up the M5 to Cheltenham,only to get 43 miles the motorway then pure gridlock.
At 7.20 and 53 miles to go and still stuck in an 8 mile road block it was time to admit defeat and turn for home.Bloody roadworks.
Only good thing was a great 3 points away from home.Totally gutted not to see town play.
Still and nice trip to Plymouth will make up for it UTM.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 18, 2017, 3:47pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from yeovilmariner
Leave Yeovil at 5pm for a quick hundred mile blast up the M5 to Cheltenham,only to get 43 miles the motorway then pure gridlock.
At 7.20 and 53 miles to go and still stuck in an 8 mile road block it was time to admit defeat and turn for home.Bloody roadworks.
Only good thing was a great 3 points away from home.Totally gutted not to see town play.
Still and nice trip to Plymouth will make up for it UTM.

and Exeter....

could you have not come off the M'Way and back roaded your way through ?
Posted by: lukeo, October 18, 2017, 6:04pm; Reply: 2
I came from Taunton and left at 5pm and arrived at 7.40pm.. Although diversions tried to send us back south bound I used my small pea brain and ignored it, I just found a road that was heading north, went through a couple of villages, hit a bit of traffic along the way but eventually the Sat nav kicked on and put us back on the m5 after where the crash was. If we stayed on the m5 it predicted us to arrive at 8.30pm, we where both so eager to get to watch town I knew we would find a way and we did. Buzzing.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 18, 2017, 6:18pm; Reply: 3
Bores me. In Russia they push the car off the road and get the traffic moving again.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), October 18, 2017, 7:48pm; Reply: 4
sorry(cry)(cry) :o
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 18, 2017, 9:41pm; Reply: 5
Bar it being a bit slowish on the M25 (predictable) and a stretch on the M4, by the time we got to the 419 turnoff near Swindon we were steaming on.....until we realised what all those signs saying the A417 was completely closed off meant.

Result, arrived at the ground nearly 20 past 8. Still saw our 2nd and 3rd though.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 18, 2017, 9:42pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Bores me. In Russia they push the car off the road and get the traffic moving again.

They do lots of things in Russia that I'm probably quite glad we don't do.  :)
Posted by: yeovilmariner, October 19, 2017, 6:57am; Reply: 7
Quoted from moosey_club

and Exeter....

could you have not come off the M'Way and back roaded your way through ?

Away on hols for Exeter game,our first exit point on M'way was Nailsea when we turned for home.
Posted by: yeovilmariner, October 19, 2017, 7:04am; Reply: 8
Quoted from lukeo
I came from Taunton and left at 5pm and arrived at 7.40pm.. Although diversions tried to send us back south bound I used my small pea brain and ignored it, I just found a road that was heading north, went through a couple of villages, hit a bit of traffic along the way but eventually the Sat nav kicked on and put us back on the m5 after where the crash was. If we stayed on the m5 it predicted us to arrive at 8.30pm, we where both so eager to get to watch town I knew we would find a way and we did. Buzzing.

Your lucky were 50mins from Bridgewater turning so you were way ahead of us coming from Taunton..Didn't even put sat nav on,wish I had as it turned out to be a 8 mile tail back due to 2 lanes being closed for resurfacing through the night.Once we got past Weston and hit the queue Nailsea was our 1st get out.
Posted by: Maringer, October 19, 2017, 8:25am; Reply: 9
The M5 can be a massive pain. Travelling to Cornwall some years back, we suddenly hit a traffic jam out of nothing. There had been a serious accident ahead and the motorway was completely closed. Took over well over 2 hours to get off at the next junction and the A303 was then completely chocker as well. In the end, we pulled off onto the side roads and followed the sun which eventually got us past Exeter and the jam. Added almost 4 hours to an exhausting journey!

Just bad luck for yeovilmariner on the night.

Best set off the night before for the Plymouth game.  ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 19, 2017, 5:07pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Maringer
The M5 can be a massive pain. Travelling to Cornwall some years back, we suddenly hit a traffic jam out of nothing. There had been a serious accident ahead and the motorway was completely closed. Took over well over 2 hours to get off at the next junction and the A303 was then completely chocker as well. In the end, we pulled off onto the side roads and followed the sun which eventually got us past Exeter and the jam. Added almost 4 hours to an exhausting journey!

Just bad luck for yeovilmariner on the night.

Best set off the night before for the Plymouth game.  ;)

Or get the train!
Posted by: lukeo, October 19, 2017, 8:16pm; Reply: 11
Feel for you Yeovil.. Tbh the Sat nav wasn't much hell until I drove for a while down some tight lanes and villages then it kicked in for us (it was a phone Sat nav which had live crash updates)
Posted by: Paris Mariner, October 21, 2017, 7:37pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from yeovilmariner

Away on hols for Exeter game,our first exit point on M'way was Nailsea when we turned for home.

Me too. Gutted.
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 4:00am