Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 17, 2017, 4:36pm

Unconfirmed reports suggest struggling Leicester City have sacked manager Craig Shakespeare.

Shakespeare was only appointed permanently as manager four months ago after stepping up to guide them to safety in the Premier League in February when Claudio Ranieri was sacked.

The English Premier League club are languishing in the relegation zone with just one win from their opening eight fixtures.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 17, 2017, 4:38pm; Reply: 1
I wonder if the bookies make PH favourite  ;)

Who is going to go there? One bad run and you get sacked!
Posted by: Fat Cobra, October 17, 2017, 4:43pm; Reply: 2
CDAJATL
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 17, 2017, 4:46pm; Reply: 3
Next job for Sam Allardyce I reckon.
Posted by: RoboCod, October 17, 2017, 4:49pm; Reply: 4
If you're not winning the Premier League then you're struggling seems to be Leicester's way of thinking.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 17, 2017, 5:00pm; Reply: 5
In recent times, have any of these 'promote from within' full time appointments ever worked?

(There probably is some, I just can't think of any. Apart from Zidane, obviously. And Guardiola did alright. But I meant in this country anyway).
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 17, 2017, 5:05pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Abdul19
In recent times, have any of these 'promote from within' full time appointments ever worked?

(There probably is some, I just can't think of any. Apart from Zidane, obviously. And Guardiola did alright. But I meant in this country anyway).

Eddie Howe has done alright but I know what you mean.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 17, 2017, 5:09pm; Reply: 7
Sam Allardyce, Chris Coleman and Roberto Mancini are the 3 favourites. Ranieri is 25/1 to come back  :)
Posted by: MarinerBen, October 17, 2017, 5:15pm; Reply: 8
I’m still astounded they sacked Ranieri after all his achievements.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), October 17, 2017, 5:45pm; Reply: 9
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully Chugger will be set for life with the pay off. If he wasn't already, he's a highly thought of coach, shame he never had a good run at the England set up thanks to Sam and another ex Town, Scott McGarvey.
Posted by: Bigdog, October 17, 2017, 7:07pm; Reply: 10
It seems like Leicester are forgetting they're well.. Leicester.

Shame that he was not given more time and even though it hasn't worked out, I'm sure Shaky and Appleton will make a formidable pairing at another club..
Posted by: Stadium, October 17, 2017, 8:20pm; Reply: 11
If you don't win for six games your toast at Leicester.
Still the backstabber can't have any complaints.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 17, 2017, 9:59pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Bigdog
It seems like Leicester are forgetting they're well.. Leicester.

Shame that he was not given more time and even though it hasn't worked out, I'm sure Shaky and Appleton will make a formidable pairing at another club..

replacing Berrett and Summerfield ?   ;)
Posted by: GTFC_85, October 18, 2017, 6:43pm; Reply: 13
Just heard a press statement "Craig's family are very upset by his sacking especially Shakespears Sister who wanted him to Stay" 🎶🎵
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 18, 2017, 7:07pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from GTFC_85
Just heard a press statement "Craig's family are very upset by his sacking especially Shakespears Sister who wanted him to Stay" 🎶🎵

She also said “I don’t care”
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 18, 2017, 7:37pm; Reply: 15
Apparently Leicester sacked him because he couldn’t get the team to ‘play right’
Posted by: Stadium, October 29, 2017, 5:41pm; Reply: 16
Seem to playing ok now after getting another manager sacked.....
And a Leicester fan embarrasses themselves once again.

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/924650807663919104/photo/1
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 7:26am