Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 11, 2017, 3:16pm
Any good ones?

Looking at Robotic Hoovers, but not sure how good they are without spending close to £800

Ive got the usual coffee machine but never use it!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 11, 2017, 3:42pm; Reply: 1
A housewife.

For the sake of balance. Other gendered house spouses are available.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 11, 2017, 4:06pm; Reply: 2
There's this new gadget out.

It's called a Sodastream.

It turns tap water into all sorts of different flavoured fizzy drinks.

It'll take the world by storm!  :)
Posted by: GYinScuntland, October 11, 2017, 4:26pm; Reply: 3
The ex wanted a rabbit, £12.99 from Pets at Home.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 11, 2017, 10:07pm; Reply: 4
Let's get busy with the fizzy Les.
Posted by: Simariner, October 12, 2017, 4:26pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Any good ones?

Looking at Robotic Hoovers, but not sure how good they are without spending close to £800

BP Vicar has a robot hoover the lazy sod!!
Posted by: 75 (Guest), October 23, 2017, 6:07pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Simariner

BP Vicar has a robot hoover the lazy sod!!

I have the Roomba 980 and I wouldn't be without it. It does the whole ground floor every day and works brilliantly, can be controlled from an iphone app, but I just set it for when we're both out and come back to a well hoovered downstairs. I buggered about with the cheaper ones, but they don't really work. Roomba builds a map of where it's cleaned, and returns to its base to charge.

Got Hive installed last week too, only use it to control my thermostat but you can add all sorts to it. It's handy as I don't always finish work at the same time, turn my heating on when I hit the M180 and it's nice and warm by the time I get home. Smart tech is the next big thing IMO.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 24, 2017, 1:02am; Reply: 7
Thought garlic bread was the next big thing?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 24, 2017, 1:14am; Reply: 8
Quoted from 75

I have the Roomba 980 and I wouldn't be without it. It does the whole ground floor every day and works brilliantly, can be controlled from an iphone app, but I just set it for when we're both out and come back to a well hoovered downstairs. I buggered about with the cheaper ones, but they don't really work. Roomba builds a map of where it's cleaned, and returns to its base to charge.

Got Hive installed last week too, only use it to control my thermostat but you can add all sorts to it. It's handy as I don't always finish work at the same time, turn my heating on when I hit the M180 and it's nice and warm by the time I get home. Smart tech is the next big thing IMO.

Blimey. Wonder if I can trade my missus in?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), October 24, 2017, 9:11am; Reply: 9
Quoted from ginnywings
Thought garlic bread was the next big thing?

I'm coming round to the idea of garlic bread. But only if I can heat it up from my iphone app.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, October 24, 2017, 4:44pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from 75

Aren't Roomba 980 nearly 1k?
Posted by: Maringer, October 25, 2017, 9:41am; Reply: 11
Just wait until those Chinese hackers get stuck in and you find yourself attacked by your robot hoover as soon as you step in the door...  ??)
Posted by: mariner83, October 25, 2017, 11:50am; Reply: 12
Just make sure you don't have a dog
[url=https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/aug/15/roomba-robot-vacuum-poopocalypse-facebook-post]https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/aug/15/roomba-robot-vacuum-poopocalypse-facebook-post[/url]
Posted by: LH, October 25, 2017, 10:59pm; Reply: 13
Real men don’t put the heating on in October.
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 26, 2017, 10:14pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Any good ones?

Have you thought about getting a Plumbus, I wouldn't be without mine

[img]https://i.imgur.com/5uQDbW9.jpg[/img]
Posted by: 75 (Guest), October 28, 2017, 7:08am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Aren't Roomba 980 nearly 1k?

Paid £800 and money well spent mate.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), October 28, 2017, 7:09am; Reply: 16
Quoted from LH
Real men don’t put the heating on in October.

Haha, maybe you're right but I despise the cold, or anything approaching cold. Must be my Moroccan heritage.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), October 30, 2017, 7:34pm; Reply: 17
Acquired myself an Alexa Dot today. Now I can set the central heating temperature by voice and can start my robot hoover by asking Alexa to release the robot, hehe.
Posted by: golfer, October 30, 2017, 9:12pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Marinerz93

Have you thought about getting a Plumbus, I wouldn't be without mine

[img]https://i.imgur.com/5uQDbW9.jpg[/img]

That looks like that thingy that was found in the communal bath at B.P.
Posted by: Sigone, October 31, 2017, 1:28pm; Reply: 19
I have a neato, Philips hue bulbs and a Honeywell heating system..all controlled by voice via alexa  8)..hoping to have a steam room fitted in attic soon with speakers that alexa can connect too  ;D
Posted by: moosey_club, October 31, 2017, 2:45pm; Reply: 20
I had a battery operated tin opener....only home type gadget i have bought...batteries eventually ran out so back on the old fashioned twister opener now....as much as i liked the battery version the traditional twister has to be one of the ultimate never fail utensils......simple to use....satisfying function....classic.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 31, 2017, 2:49pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from 75
Acquired myself an Alexa Dot today. Now I can set the central heating temperature by voice and can start my robot hoover by asking Alexa to release the robot, hehe.

My niece bought an Alexa for her birthday...."she knows everything" she told me......i asked her a few obscure questions and right enough the answers came....asked her to play some obscure music tracks....right enough they played.....

i was just about getting around to thinking  think i could do with one one of those when i realised i already have a smart @rse never wrong woman at home so why bother having two !!
Posted by: Maringer, October 31, 2017, 4:06pm; Reply: 22
Ahem. It's Echo and Echo Dot. Amazon's voice assistant is named Alexa.  :)

I've got one of each but haven't had the chance to set them up properly yet. Will be fun to be able to use the Echo to turn on my TV by voice using the Harmony hub (which is the best techie purchase I've ever made bar none), especially if I'm fighting to change a nappy at the same time. You can apparently now use them as a cheap Sonos-alike by playing the same music on different Echo's at the same time. Not sure if this is just by the Amazon Prime Music subscription or not, however.

Apparently the Google Home is better for a range of searches and information, but integration with other stuff isn't as good yet.

Microsoft is bringing their Cortana voice assistant to smart speakers as well, but that will no doubt be a load of crap.

Get ready for annoyingly targeted advertising if you have one of these devices, that's all I can say.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 31, 2017, 9:57pm; Reply: 23
You get access to quite a lot of free music on Amazon Music without a subscription or you can just use it as a bluetooth speaker. Mine's linked to my ipad so I can play spotify through it.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), October 31, 2017, 10:07pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Sigone
I have a neato, Philips hue bulbs and a Honeywell heating system..all controlled by voice via alexa  8)..hoping to have a steam room fitted in attic soon with speakers that alexa can connect too  ;D

Ahh, outstanding stuff mate.
Posted by: topuphere666, November 15, 2017, 8:50pm; Reply: 25
I have the Hive heating app. Great piece of kit!
Posted by: psgmariner, November 16, 2017, 3:40pm; Reply: 26
I Just bought the original xiaomi one.

Will it try and shag me?

Can it cope with going from tiles, to laminate, to carpet?

Will I still need hoover in the little cracks it can't reach?
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 8:34am