Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Cloudy, October 10, 2017, 9:56am
Evidently the reserves are at Mansfield today, not that you would know with nothing in the local media/website.

Some people say what does it matter but others thing we should be informing the supporters of whats going on. Is Asante playing for instance would seem to be of interest
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, October 10, 2017, 10:01am; Reply: 1
Given that we've only got one checkatrade game left these are of increasing importance, so it would be nice if the club could provide some more coverage.
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, October 10, 2017, 10:02am; Reply: 2
3 trialists playing for us https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/october/reserves-travel-to-face-stags/
Posted by: Sigone, October 10, 2017, 10:51am; Reply: 3
Town: Killip, McMillan, Powles, Keeble, Sawyer, Clifton, Akiotu, Oyibo, Lawson, Asante, Burrell, Goddard, Davis, Lawman, Briggs, Jamieson, Buckley.

Wonder why Kelly, Tomobola, Cardwell, Osbourne, Hooper are not in the squad..Mills too I would think needs game time.
Posted by: pizzzza, October 10, 2017, 12:10pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Cloudy
Evidently the reserves are at Mansfield today, not that you would know with nothing in the local media/website.

Some people say what does it matter but others thing we should be informing the supporters of whats going on. Is Asante playing for instance would seem to be of interest

The club have a story on the official website with all the team news. What more do you need? Whether the local media cover it or not is their prerogative, don't think you can fault the club for that one.
Posted by: Cloudy, October 10, 2017, 12:18pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from pizzzza

The club have a story on the official website with all the team news. What more do you need? Whether the local media cover it or not is their prerogative, don't think you can fault the club for that one.

The point is that when I posted it wasnt on the OS!!

They have since put it up
Posted by: moosey_club, October 10, 2017, 12:25pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Sigone
Town: Killip, McMillan, Powles, Keeble, Sawyer, Clifton, Akiotu, Oyibo, Lawson, Asante, Burrell, Goddard, Davis, Lawman, Briggs, Jamieson, Buckley.

Wonder why Kelly, Tomobola, Cardwell, Osbourne, Hooper are not in the squad..Mills too I would think needs game time.

Guessing the manager knows what they can do and wants to bring on the some of the youth element....also with an eye on strengthening the squad as he knows he needs cover for certain areas so stick some triallists in.

Posted by: psgmariner, October 10, 2017, 1:16pm; Reply: 7
losing 1-0
Posted by: Mikoo, October 10, 2017, 2:01pm; Reply: 8
Mansfield playing a very strong team, made up of mostly first team players
Posted by: psgmariner, October 10, 2017, 2:06pm; Reply: 9
2-0
Posted by: Chips44, October 10, 2017, 2:34pm; Reply: 10
After downloading the G.T.F.C. app.  the fixtures , including reserves , filled out my calendar on my tablet.  I also get a reminder alarm half an hour before kickoff.
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 10, 2017, 2:38pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Chips44
After downloading the G.T.F.C. app.  the fixtures , including reserves , filled out my calendar on my tablet. I also get a reminder alarm half an hour before kickoff.

Strangely enough, just recently I have been setting my alarm for half an hour after kick off.  Gives me chance to wake up fully for my half time pint  ;)
Posted by: Simariner, October 10, 2017, 4:03pm; Reply: 12
Had to read up on the Mansfield twitter account to read anything about the match.....

Nothing on GTFC Twitter as usual
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, October 10, 2017, 4:11pm; Reply: 13
Fans are quick to have a go at Town when they already have a report and some quotes from Paul Wilkinson. I went there to see how Asante got on.  https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/octobermreserves-seen-off-by-strong-stags-side/
Posted by: forza ivano, October 10, 2017, 5:44pm; Reply: 14
did a quick google search on the 3 triallists

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-hand-trial-sunderland-striker-12877481

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/05/23/crystal-palace-jason-akiotu-still-has-dreams-of-representing-nigeria/

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/glossopnorthend/teams/52909/player/jude-oyibo-1903241
Posted by: pizzzza, October 10, 2017, 6:51pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Simariner
Had to read up on the Mansfield twitter account to read anything about the match.....

Nothing on GTFC Twitter as usual

What do you want? A minute-by-minute account of a reserves match? Get a grip! It's away as well so maybe the person(s) that usually do it didn't travel.

Match report on the OS.

Let's be critical of the club but stick to where its justified.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 10, 2017, 6:59pm; Reply: 16
Good to see Asante get another 60, mccalister not even close to the reserve squad, when do you say enoughs enough?
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 10, 2017, 7:30pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Hagrid
Good to see Asante get another 60, mccalister not even close to the reserve squad, when do you say enoughs enough?

I would expect if no recovery in sight those conversations must be starting pretty soon if not already. Shame as on paper him, Clements & Osbourne looks pretty reasonable if all fully fit & well. To lose all three is unfortunate to say the least.

Have to say our line up today a big surprise especially as Mansfield put out a strong team. Would have expected most of the lads who played at Scunny to put in an appearance so seems very odd. Wonder if there is a behind closed doors matching taking place as surely a number of guys need a full 90 minutes under their belt.
Posted by: Tommy, October 10, 2017, 8:41pm; Reply: 18
Games like this one today are a great tool to see how some of the YT's do against some older, seasoned pro's and can be a good indicator or contribute to their final decision I'd imagine.

Sounds like a young side did alright.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 11, 2017, 1:32pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Hagrid

The tone of Slade's response when he was asked about McAllister on Saturday gave an indication to me that he wont be playing for us anytime soon or possibly again, he seemed quite dismissive when saying he wasnt close to being involved.  
Posted by: Cloudy, October 11, 2017, 1:34pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from moosey_club

The tone of Slade's response when he was asked about McAllister on Saturday gave an indication to me that he wont be playing for us anytime soon or possibly again, he seemed quite dismissive when saying he wasnt close to being involved.  

From what i have been told it is highly unlikely that SM will play for Town again. As always time will tell. Shame as i thought he was a cracking signing at the time
Posted by: denni266, October 11, 2017, 10:02pm; Reply: 21
Its not good having a wage paid every week to someone that is prob not going to play again at this level.. would have thought he could just retire hurt and claim his players pention  ,, and free up his wages  for us to get someone in that can play.
Posted by: Meza, October 12, 2017, 12:43am; Reply: 22
Has he got another year or was it a 2 year deal he signed 🤔
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 12, 2017, 9:04am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Meza
Has he got another year or was it a 2 year deal he signed 🤔

2 year deal so I can see him being paid off in January.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 12, 2017, 4:24pm; Reply: 24
Any feedback on how the 3 trialists did ?
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 7:58am