Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 9, 2017, 9:27am
As those who entered the competition will know, the Fishy Buster competition was won this week by Hull City, which was due to a default 2 goals awarded (as is the rules of the competition).

I am aware that some people might think that this is a bit unfair but the rules were known before the competition started. I am now wondering if people will be interested in entering future Busters that I would be running. Looking at the upcoming fixtures, it seems that there is only 1 more international break (in the middle of November) and after then there would be a full programme of matches (barring postponements) for several weeks.

If people are still interested then I will run another competition to start AFTER the mid-November international break. If people are losing interest then I will call it a day but wanted to gauge opinions on here before I make any decisions as to the futute of the competition.

Cheers

Les

UTM.
Posted by: barralad, October 9, 2017, 9:57am; Reply: 1
Go for it mate. Hull might have benefitted but they still had to get to 19!
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 9, 2017, 10:04am; Reply: 2
Rules are rules Les,(thumbup)
Posted by: caistormariner, October 9, 2017, 11:22am; Reply: 3
I am up for it Les I enjoy it
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 9, 2017, 11:44am; Reply: 4
Les, you run this VOLUNTARILY.  It's a bit of fun with a chance of a few quid for those that enter.
It also raises a few quid for the trust etc. People know the rules before they enter.
I understand some queried the 2 goal rule, but that was when you asked for opinions.
I would hope that no-one is seriously complaining.
For my two penneth mate you do a cracking job.
I'll be entering for sure if there is another one.
Posted by: thevera, October 9, 2017, 11:45am; Reply: 5
Yes please Les keep it going.
Posted by: Grimal, October 9, 2017, 12:00pm; Reply: 6
Count me in Les, we all know the rules before entering and it's the luck of the draw. Keep up the good work mate.(thumbup)
Posted by: moosey_club, October 9, 2017, 12:32pm; Reply: 7
Since the beginning of time Les, the no play 2 goal rule , has always been central to any buster i have known and its in your rules so shouldnt be any quibbles.

Maybe a statto can come up with a national average based on the modern game across a 6/7 game spread ( or however long your buster averages) to see if 2 goals is still actually a realistic figure.  
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 9, 2017, 12:33pm; Reply: 8
Yep am in les I won  £50 or so on the same rule on a previous game so no complaints from me
Posted by: The Yard Dog, October 9, 2017, 12:37pm; Reply: 9
Hi Les

You do a cracking job, chance for someone to win a bob or two, while giving a bit to the trust.

Everybody know the rules before entering

Problem is, that some people moan for sake of moaning.

SO IF YOU DONT LIKE THE RULES, DO NOT ENTER SIMPLE

Years ago the pools companies had the pools panel for games called off, I bet no one complain winning the pools, when the panel decided the results.

Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 9, 2017, 12:44pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Hi Les

You do a cracking job, chance for someone to win a bob or two, while giving a bit to the trust.

Everybody know the rules before entering

Problem is, that some people moan for sake of moaning.

SO IF YOU DONT LIKE THE RULES, DO NOT ENTER SIMPLE

Years ago the pools companies had the pools panel for games called off, I bet no one complain winning the pools, when the panel decided the results.

The pools gawd what a loss to human race, sat stairing at the coupon all night Wednesday trying to pick those 8 score draws collected from your house Thursday or Friday overnight transport to Liverpool and then checked on Saturday what a operation it was who needed computers
Posted by: ivanosandwich, October 9, 2017, 3:08pm; Reply: 11
I'm in Les, as always you do a great job and as many have said, we all know the rules.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, October 9, 2017, 5:31pm; Reply: 12
I will be entering......
Posted by: penrith mariner, October 9, 2017, 5:38pm; Reply: 13
No complaints from me. I'll be in every time.
Posted by: MarinerBen, October 9, 2017, 6:07pm; Reply: 14
I’m up for round 2! Trust it to be ‘Ull eh?

Well done for running another successful competition Les
Posted by: MrsMariner, October 9, 2017, 7:46pm; Reply: 15
Yes I'll still be entering
Posted by: Brazilnut, October 10, 2017, 11:24am; Reply: 16
mate i enjoy it so please go again
Posted by: bartgtfc, October 10, 2017, 2:08pm; Reply: 17
Yep I'm in 👍
Appreciate you taking the time to run it
Thank you
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 10, 2017, 2:18pm; Reply: 18
Okay, it seems like another game is needed. As I mentioned earlier there is an international break on the 11th November. Therefore the new game will start with games played from Friday 17th November.

There will then be no free weeks and default scores apart from any postponements due to weather of course and maybe teams not in future rounds of the FA Cup if they haven't organised a league game.

I have therefore reshuffled all the teams and will start taking entries in the usual way from now.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, October 10, 2017, 2:55pm; Reply: 19
Okay great, thank you Les.

I'll get the ball rolling, money sent.

Numbers 19, 2, 21

Just had to.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 10, 2017, 3:15pm; Reply: 20
I am now locking this thread.

See here to enter the new game. http://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1507644844/
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 2:10am