Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 8, 2017, 4:21pm
So after yesterday are we all ready to watch the cream of English football show us a footballing masterclass this afternoon. I know we are away from home but if we keep it tight for the first 20 minutes we can then start to let our superior technique and class tell and romp to an easy 3 points.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 8, 2017, 4:50pm; Reply: 1

As always I will be watching the game (for my sins) even though we have already qualified, the pressure today is on the Scots to clinch 2nd spot and the play-offs.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 8, 2017, 5:29pm; Reply: 2
not that familiar with some of the names TBH...but that could easily be down to my ignorance of the Premier League and not playing FIFA
Posted by: Town Monkey, October 8, 2017, 5:59pm; Reply: 3
It's ordinary at best but we've come to expect that of England. That Henderson is an England regular suggests that we're pretty light in central midfield. I can't see us getting further than the last 16.
Posted by: Maringer, October 8, 2017, 6:27pm; Reply: 4
I like the way that Winks moves the ball on so quickly. Much better than seeing a static midfield dwell on the ball for a few seconds before invariably passing it backwards.

The game itself is being played at the pace of a friendly as neither team has anything to play for.
Posted by: Garth, October 8, 2017, 6:33pm; Reply: 5
What a load of boring crap
Posted by: buckstown, October 8, 2017, 6:46pm; Reply: 6
Is there anyone appearing regularly on UK tv with a more boring voice than Glen Hoddle? Watching England is bad nowadays anyway but Hoddle makes it feel like a dentists appointment
Posted by: ginnywings, October 8, 2017, 6:49pm; Reply: 7
Perfect game for a Sunday afternoon snoozzzzzzzzzzzze.
Posted by: Sir Matt Tease, October 8, 2017, 7:00pm; Reply: 8
To think I missed most of Countryfile for that pile of sh1t  !!!!!!!!!!

Backwards, sideways, clueless !
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 8, 2017, 7:04pm; Reply: 9
I actually turned over after an hour and watched the end of the Scotland game.

Despite a late goal they kept up their record of being perennial failures.  :)
Posted by: Maringer, October 8, 2017, 7:26pm; Reply: 10
I thought we were not too bad in the first half. Second half, though, they reverted to type but with three defenders passing it sideways and backwards instead of the usual four.

No urgency and it really did look as though most of them were just going through the motions.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, October 8, 2017, 7:31pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ginnywings
Perfect game for a Sunday afternoon snoozzzzzzzzzzzze.

I think I'm now in the old fart echelon as I did fall asleep during the second half...but it was pretty dull.

(I did have a large Sunday Lunch with beer and wine though....)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 8, 2017, 7:43pm; Reply: 12
We need the footballing equivalent of an Eddie Jones, appreciate there is some energetic players like Lallana and Welbeck missing but I’d be amazed if we scored a goal in the World Cup never mind win a gane.

All that said I’ll still watch and support from in front of my telly.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 8, 2017, 7:46pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from HertsGTFC
We need the footballing equivalent of an Eddie Jones, appreciate there is some energetic players like Lallana and Welbeck missing but I’d be amazed if we scored a goal in the World Cup never mind win a gane.

All that said I’ll still watch and support from in front of my telly.

It could be worse, we could all be Scottish!  :)

Despite my surname, I have no Scottish blood in me.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 8, 2017, 7:57pm; Reply: 14

Scotland's failure to win confirms Northern Ireland's play-off place   8)
Posted by: TAGG, October 8, 2017, 9:08pm; Reply: 15
Didnt know they were playing thought it was tomorrow.

See we thrashed em 1 - 0 💩💩
Posted by: LH, October 8, 2017, 9:10pm; Reply: 16
I’m sure the news that Scotland’s failure to qualify has helped another home nation to earn a play off place has gone down well up there.
Posted by: realist, October 9, 2017, 6:12am; Reply: 17
I think that is one of the worst England performances I have seen. I doubt that they could beat a championship team.
Posted by: Badger57, October 9, 2017, 8:19am; Reply: 18
Thank f**k I wasn't unlucky enough to turn on by chance again! :)
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 9, 2017, 10:10am; Reply: 19
Nobody on here can call Slade or our players after watching that ,

2 rubbish games in 4 days,

Who was those poor fans who paid to go there and stand in the rain.?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), October 10, 2017, 10:05am; Reply: 20
Just got back from Vilnius. Been to every away qualifier and I'm yet to enjoy a game (aside from last minute at Hampden Park). Footballs been awful, but the beers been great! I see a pattern here between my country and my club.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 7:59am