Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 7, 2017, 8:57pm
A lot of moans about him today again,

In my eyes the problem is he is just not tall enough,

If he was 6ft  3 ins or taller he would not have a problem coming out and collecting the ball,

He can not do anything about being six or six one ,

So I suggest he either wears high heels or as George Tweedy used to say,

This hand is for the ball and the other hand is for the player,

So no moans from me.
Posted by: AussieMariner, October 7, 2017, 9:20pm; Reply: 1
His vulnerability was definitely the negative aspect of today’s performance. Hope the problem isn’t his height because the only alternative is even shorter!
Really hope this is a problem he can be coached through - IMO we were lucky to get away with the win today given the number of scrambles in the box resulting directly from him not commanding it.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 7, 2017, 9:31pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from AussieMariner
His vulnerability was definitely the negative aspect of today’s performance. Hope the problem isn’t his height because the only alternative is even shorter!
Really hope this is a problem he can be coached through - IMO we were lucky to get away with the win today given the number of scrambles in the box resulting directly from him not commanding it.

I think if it could be coached through mate it would have been done by now.
Posted by: AussieMariner, October 7, 2017, 9:44pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from grimsby pete

I think if it could be coached through mate it would have been done by now.

He’s always had a weakness commanding the box but it seems to be worse than usual at the moment though, so could be a confidence or form issue
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 7, 2017, 9:51pm; Reply: 4
We had a good keeper last season until he was mysteriously recalled by Manyoo.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 7, 2017, 10:13pm; Reply: 5
It means a lot to James to play for GTFC, that’s clear. I know he’s brave enough but if there is basic floors in his game the keeper coach should be able to corrrct that.

Ask yourself is it “skill or will”? definitely not the latter IMHO so step forward Andy Warrington.

BUT (as Grimsby Pete would say)

Under Andy W Janes has improved.

Lots of talk about Henderson but he was never our player despite local links and despite being potentially a top class keeper if you look at his Twitter feed a massive badge kisser.

Personally I’d rather have someone who cares and will work hard to get better rather than someone who in reality thinks he’s stepping down to get a game.

Bring the red crosses on then.
Posted by: sydney, October 7, 2017, 10:20pm; Reply: 6
Why can’t we stay off Maccas back
We just won away
He makes more crucial stops than he does mistakes and he has a massive care for the Club his position and the fans
At least it’s one position that remains constant and I hope he stays around for a good while yet
Well done Town on a good win today
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 7, 2017, 10:34pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from sydney
We just won away
He makes more crucial stops than he does mistakes and he has a massive care for the Club his position and the fans
At least it’s one position that remains constant and I hope he stays around for a good while yet

He was a good keeper at Conference level and he's OK as a L2 keeper. Our pay structure dictates that he's about as good as we can afford.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 7, 2017, 10:40pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He was a good keeper at Conference level and he's OK as a L2 keeper. Our pay structure dictates that he's about st as good as we can afford.

Just like the squad then.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 7, 2017, 10:41pm; Reply: 9
I think Macca has been much improved this season. Like most League 2 players, he has his flaws. Wouldn't be here if he didn't. I've seen worse in the other goal at BP recently.
Posted by: AussieMariner, October 7, 2017, 10:42pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from sydney
We just won away

Because he was a liability today and we were lucky to get away with it. Not the goal which probably wasn’t his fault as he was fouled, but the number of times we had panic in the box due to his lack of ability to get to a cross. The crucial stops are great but that’s what he’s there for, as well as catching the ball in the air.
Yes its one position that remains constant, but its a pretty critical one that we cant afford to remain constantly high risk.
I also hope he stays around for a good time yet, but I think he’s going through a crisis of confidence or something and really hope he gets over it. If he doesn’t he will have to be replaced.
BTW Slade has made a few references to his mistakes in recent press conferences, so its not just posters on the Fishy.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 7, 2017, 10:48pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ginnywings
I think Macca has been much improved this season. Like most League 2 players, he has his flaws. Wouldn't be here if he didn't. I've seen worse in the other goal at BP recently.

This...... and BTW we won FFS!
Posted by: bluerose13x, October 7, 2017, 11:44pm; Reply: 12
Mistake in him that leads to us conceeding almost every match.

Can we do better? Prob yes.

Conference keeper, above average to good. Dodgy L2 Keeper, yes.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 7, 2017, 11:45pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from ginnywings

I don’t think I’ve seen better in the other goal if I’m completely honest.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 7, 2017, 11:47pm; Reply: 14
Macca has been rather solid for the last few games he made a clanger that lead to their goal it happens Gerrard slipped and lost Liverpool the title, it happens in football. We all know his weakness is coming out for crosses and commanding his area, but he's a great shot stopper and makes some fantastic saves that have kept us in games many times over. He's not a bad Keeper and he's not a great Keeper.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 8:35am