Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Ahh Sole, October 3, 2017, 8:24pm
We're winning (shhhh...!)
Posted by: MarinerBen, October 3, 2017, 8:26pm; Reply: 1
There aren’t any competitive games this working week, there’s a reserved match tomorrow though.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 3, 2017, 8:26pm; Reply: 2
Not the players fault they have to play tonight so get my support on the pitch from home! DJ scored 1-0 town! Shane not being there at a derby game
Posted by: lukeo, October 3, 2017, 8:26pm; Reply: 3
Winning what?

Anyone else been debating whether to make a 'non match day thread'? I hope Slade isn't watching, according to Twitter we are playing some very good football.
Now for me I don't care for the competition but I hope the lads play well, especially Clifton.
Posted by: sam gy, October 3, 2017, 8:27pm; Reply: 4
Kelly in particular impressing apparently..
Posted by: MarinerBen, October 3, 2017, 8:27pm; Reply: 5
Clifton is a famous name in this town, don’t you know?
Posted by: lukeo, October 3, 2017, 8:29pm; Reply: 6
I'm 300 miles away so no

Oh and boo to the 23 people who bought tickets and anyone else who's in scunthorpe United fcs ground tonight watching 22 people kicking a ball around for some weird non existent trophy game
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, October 3, 2017, 8:30pm; Reply: 7
About this time 9 years ago we filled the away end there in the same competition.
Posted by: monkeyboy, October 3, 2017, 8:30pm; Reply: 8
Playing a 3-5-2 looking at the set up on ifollow thingy
Posted by: ginnywings, October 3, 2017, 8:35pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Ahh Sole
We're winning (shhhh...!)

Now drawing. 1-1
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 3, 2017, 8:36pm; Reply: 10

George Kerr actually praising Town's first half performance.

Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 3, 2017, 8:39pm; Reply: 11
Pity no game tonight as may have given Big Tom to shine and show RS that he should at least be on the bench, oh well can only dream and need to concentrate on something more competitive like Bake Off!!!!!!
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 3, 2017, 9:15pm; Reply: 12

Killip sounds like he is having a decent game.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 3, 2017, 9:18pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
About this time 9 years ago we filled the away end there in the same competition.

Full of giddy thoughts about the man about to take charge and lead us to glory. Happy days.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, October 3, 2017, 9:18pm; Reply: 14
Maybe RS should just play this side at the weekend!
Posted by: buckstown, October 3, 2017, 9:18pm; Reply: 15
1987 with 167 town fans. Surprised at both of those figures, scunts only get 4000 for league games don't they?
Posted by: chaos33, October 3, 2017, 9:21pm; Reply: 16
Disappointing. It should have shown Town fans 0.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 3, 2017, 9:24pm; Reply: 17
Losing now. Gutted.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 3, 2017, 9:28pm; Reply: 18
Drooling over Dembele fear the worst.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 3, 2017, 9:30pm; Reply: 19
Kerr is a right snake. Extreme bias
Posted by: moosey_club, October 3, 2017, 9:32pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Hagrid
Kerr is a right snake. Extreme bias

he just switched allegiances when both teams fortunes switched...
Posted by: chaos33, October 3, 2017, 9:33pm; Reply: 21
He didn't. He was Scunny from the off.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 3, 2017, 9:34pm; Reply: 22

As it stands we are eliminated from the competition   :)
Posted by: chaos33, October 3, 2017, 9:36pm; Reply: 23
Gutted. Not.
Posted by: Fat Cobra, October 3, 2017, 9:37pm; Reply: 24
Scabs
Posted by: moosey_club, October 3, 2017, 9:38pm; Reply: 25
Out again at the first hurdle with a reserve team so we can concentrate on the League......well prioritised RS  ;)

Posted by: Hagrid, October 3, 2017, 9:40pm; Reply: 26
Well hopefully we win against sunderlands kids, gets a little
Bit of money and fingers crossed next season the flipping idiots can pit the competition back to normal
Posted by: moosey_club, October 3, 2017, 9:44pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Hagrid
Well hopefully we win against sunderlands kids, gets a little
Bit of money and fingers crossed next season the flipping idiots can pit the competition back to normal

Just meet at a car park up the A1 and toss a coin
Posted by: RichMariner, October 3, 2017, 9:45pm; Reply: 28
What a thoroughly boring competition this is.

Our reserve team playing Scunny's reserve team, and the glory of our reserve team playing Sunderland's B team to come.

Good work, Harvey. Good work. Give yourself a bonus and an extra pat on the back for ruining the thing you're paid handsomely to improve.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 3, 2017, 9:50pm; Reply: 29
Sounds like George is not in the best of health talking about having to receive medical attention this morning.
Posted by: hheh2, October 3, 2017, 9:59pm; Reply: 30
Will Sean McAllister be fit for the Checkatrade next season I wonder.
Posted by: Teesknees, October 3, 2017, 10:02pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Sounds like George is not in the best of health talking about having to receive medical attention this morning.

No don't think he is, he's had it a bit rough. losing both his wife and his daughter to motor neuron disease, a slow sh it illness. So I suppose he's at a stage in his life where he'll say what he thinks!

Posted by: moosey_club, October 3, 2017, 10:06pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from hheh2
Will Sean McAllister be fit for the Checkatrade next season I wonder.

Depends on who he signs for, could see him earning a move upto a Championship level physio so he wouldnt be eligible.  (langra)
Posted by: hheh2, October 3, 2017, 10:11pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from moosey_club

Depends on who he signs for, could see him earning a move upto a Championship level physio so he wouldnt be eligible.  (langra)

That sounds like good idea, maybe we should loan him out to a London club so he can get better medical treatment. Maybe that's why Clements got loaned out too? Fishy conspiracy
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 4, 2017, 12:46pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from buckstown
1987 with 167 town fans. Surprised at both of those figures, scunts only get 4000 for league games don't they?

And some where overcharged...

GTFC -    

As a result of incorrect information provided by Scunthorpe United for our Checkatrade Trophy Group Stage fixture last night, fans that purchased tickets in advance were incorrectly charged.

Those wishing to receive the £2 refund on adult and concession tickets, please visit the GTFC Ticket Office with the appropriate counterfoil from the fixture.

If you do not wish to claim the £2 back, we will donate the balance to the GTFC Youth Development System.

Posted by: lukeo, October 4, 2017, 12:48pm; Reply: 35
Hilarious. I'm assuming it's just the 23 people who bought tickets and not on the gate.
Posted by: oldun, October 4, 2017, 1:07pm; Reply: 36
total away att 167 apparently. in the OS report Scunny played a few of their regulars so our lads must have done pretty well.
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 4, 2017, 1:29pm; Reply: 37
Just watched the highlights. Killip's had a mare for both the goals. Can't see him challenging McKeown's starting spot any time soon based on that!
Posted by: Tommy, October 4, 2017, 1:42pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Chrisblor
Just watched the highlights. Killip's had a mare for both the goals. Can't see him challenging McKeown's starting spot any time soon based on that!

My thoughts too. Not going to judge him too much just from 2 minutes of clips but his positioning for the 1st is way off and the 2nd seems to go in right next to him.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 4, 2017, 1:44pm; Reply: 39
Can anybody tell me the reasoning for signing Killip? Seeing him first hand, and seeing the highlights from last night it would be a disaster if Macca is unavailable. He is never going to challenge for the keepers jersey.

Another waste of a wage. What we wanted was a new number 1 keeper with Macca pushing him all the way. What we have ended up with is Macca number 1 come what may, and a very mediocre back up.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 4, 2017, 2:03pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Tommy

My thoughts too. Not going to judge him too much just from 2 minutes of clips but his positioning for the 1st is way off

Made a right meal of the original shot too.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 4, 2017, 3:10pm; Reply: 41
Can anybody tell me the reasoning for signing Killip? Seeing him first hand, and seeing the highlights from last night it would be a disaster if Macca is unavailable. He is never going to challenge for the keepers jersey.

Another waste of a wage. What we wanted was a new number 1 keeper with Macca pushing him all the way. What we have ended up with is Macca number 1 come what may, and a very mediocre back up.

We had effectively 2 no.1s last season and one threw his toys out of the pram and wanted to leave, the other did end up leaving.

Overall he played quite well last night and the defending all round was poor for both goals especially the first one where Kelly could have closed the first shot down rather than weakly turning his back.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 4, 2017, 3:47pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Chrisblor

any of them worse than McKeowns howler against Col Utd when he let that shot through his body ?

Just looked on you tube highlights....

first goal - poor technique on the original shot, pushing the ball back into play rather than away from goal but on the follow up Collins clearly moves his leg to block the ball but either air shots it or moves it away leaving Killip wrong footed..

Second goal - looked exactly the same as Mckeown does on every single crossed ball...starts to go...stops...leaves himself having to recover position and unfortunately their goalscorer got the final touch just a couple of yards in front of him.

Harsh to say Killip has had a mare IMO.
Posted by: jock dock tower, October 4, 2017, 10:20pm; Reply: 43
Re the use of the word scabs to define fans who wish to go and support their team.

Scab is an emotive word for someone who crosses a picket line to get to a place of work where other employees are taking industrial action. It has absolutely nothing at all to do with being a football fan.

If it were Grimsby Town players who were on strike, for whatever reason, and the club bought in players to replace them whilst they were witholding their labour there could be a possibility of seeing GTFC players outside the ground with banners saying "Please respect this picket line" I know it's all very hypothetical, but were this the case then it would be a totally different matter, and fans would be expected to respect any such picket line. Anyone who didn't could justifiably be called a scab. Here endeth the first less on scabbing, striking, industrial skullduggery and other such b0ll0cks from someone who's been through dozens of similar scenarios in his working lifetime.

Please don't use the word scab if you're not fully aware of it's connotations, get a Thesaurus instead.
Posted by: Fat Cobra, October 5, 2017, 6:31am; Reply: 44
Scab ^^^
Posted by: moosey_club, October 5, 2017, 9:13am; Reply: 45
Quoted from jock dock tower
Re the use of the word scabs to define fans who wish to go and support their team.

Scab is an emotive word for someone who crosses a picket line to get to a place of work where other employees are taking industrial action. It has absolutely nothing at all to do with being a football fan.

If it were Grimsby Town players who were on strike, for whatever reason, and the club bought in players to replace them whilst they were witholding their labour there could be a possibility of seeing GTFC players outside the ground with banners saying "Please respect this picket line" I know it's all very hypothetical, but were this the case then it would be a totally different matter, and fans would be expected to respect any such picket line. Anyone who didn't could justifiably be called a scab. Here endeth the first less on scabbing, striking, industrial skullduggery and other such b0ll0cks from someone who's been through dozens of similar scenarios in his working lifetime.

Please don't use the word scab if you're not fully aware of it's connotations, get a Thesaurus instead.

Would Judas be ok with you ?
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 5, 2017, 10:15am; Reply: 46
Perhaps we should sign Thesaurus?  We have signed everybody else.    
Posted by: RoboCod, October 5, 2017, 10:20am; Reply: 47
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Perhaps we should sign Thesaurus?  We have signed everybody else.    

On trial at Shrewsbury.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, October 5, 2017, 12:11pm; Reply: 48
Personally I think if people choose to watch a game or not watch a game is their choice.  It's good to debate the pros and cons of a boycott but I don't like the way people who choose to go get insulted.  It's part of a general trend on this site and on social media overall to miss the distinction between respectful debate and being unpleasant.  
Posted by: Abdul19, October 5, 2017, 12:21pm; Reply: 49
Bollocks

;)
Posted by: jock dock tower, October 5, 2017, 7:50pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Fat Cobra
Scab ^^^

^^^^

As I said, some people have no idea of what the word means.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 5, 2017, 8:43pm; Reply: 51
A crust of dried blood.  ;)
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 9:56am